• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What would be a good gift to get an ENFP or an INFP?

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
What would be a good gift to get an ENFP or an INFP?

I was thinking maybe something fantasy genre related like the Lord of the Rings books or maybe something where they can use their creative and artistic skills.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Something that shows you know them very well, that hints at something only you two share.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, genaric doesn't work unless you know they like it. I would go for sound equipment or a good pair of binocculars. I know an INFP who would prefer a gift certificate for Snap-On tools. I also know an ENFP who would prefer new lenses for his camera. I'm pretty sure all three of us would be "ok" with just money so we could get it ourselves though...

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd go for something that compliments their artistic side, or any kind of creative hobby they might have, which most xNFPs seem to.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Something that shows you know them very well, that hints at something only you two share.

:yes:

At the very least, make sure it is something you know they are interested in. For instance, I can't stand Lord of the Rings or fantasy stuff, and if someone bought me that it would show a complete lack of knowledge of who I am. If you don't know them very well, then that's what gift certificates are for :tongue:

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
honestly? ask the person

i hate surprises more than anything :p

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yeah if you aren't sure, I would just ask. Personally I like just seeing that someone cares enough to go through the effort to get me something, and that the something is what they think I would find useful/amusing based on what they know about me. What it is doesn't matter quite as much (but since you aaaasked... :cheese: )

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Food works wonderfully especially if you know they like it. Take their favorite food and buy it for them en masse.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Yep food is the root to my heart too :). As long as it is good, tasty, and there's lots of it.

Otherwise get them something you know they need. I know INFJs are good at this and observant.

I think asking is okay and probably a good idea with an ENFP. We love communication as much as anything. Like the art of mind reading and surprise is unlikely to win out over getting something we want/need.

Peace

Really ask them, to make sure you are buying the "right" gifts something your friends will appreciate and cherish for a long time.
if you "cannot' ask" a gift certificate from a department store so they have a variety of things to choose from. If they are artist, an art related gift item etc. Just listen and observe, they may often telling U what they want as gifts.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah get a generic gift (gift cert?) if you can't take the time to figure out a uniquely meaningful gift.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
The answer for both is a sappy poem about how you love them, and a hug.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Something very meaningful would be great. I have this uncle who never talks to me, but once a year he buys me expensive, but meaningless gadgets that I'll never use. That's a great example of what you shouldn't do. If you buy something, please buy something that will remind me of you or at least something that I'll use! And at least don't try to buy my sympathies. That's a waste of time.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
You go to a big department store and go directly to the section marked "ENFP". I'm sure you'll find something there! The ENFP hivemind is all entirely interested in the same things. There aren't any differences between any of us.

WE MOVE AS ONE!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh yeah, I also hate stuff that just takes up space. I feel too bad to just toss it out though. I have this stupid beanie baby hanging around for years because of that. :doh:

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I appreciate any gift. With an INFP, it's truly the thought that counts.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Give them lots of love :heart: and support them when they need it. ;)

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I'm pretty sure all three of us would be "ok" with just money so we could get it ourselves though...

That wouldn't work for me, giving me money would be the worst gift option to give me. It's no thought, none at all.

Definately think about the things you know they do like, and get something specific to them.