User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

All NFPs play the piccolo. You should totally get your friend a piccolo.

The favourite colour of every ENFP is green (purple for INFPs), get them something that colour.

Every NFP ever is a deeply fascinated by the Edo period of Japan. Get them something relating to that time period. We're also all good at astronomy.
    Anger is also a feeling.

MBTI
    ENFP

But I like red ocarinas... not green piccolos. Also, I'm more of a late 40s guy, not into Edo period J-pan.

Though I fucking love astronomy.

MBTI
    INFP

I always prefer a gift card to a book store so I can roam around and pick out something I like. I hate it when people feel the need to buy a gift instead of giving cash or a gift card, and then they buy something I detest and think they've done me a favor.

I second the journal idea, and I also love fountain pens. Still, though, even with a journal, it's kind of hard to tell what sort of design a person might like. It really does depend on the individual.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    ENFP

By something that has novelty. Buy them something that could start a conversation. It could be utterly useless so long as it's weird.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    All NFPs play the piccolo. You should totally get your friend a piccolo.

The favourite colour of every ENFP is green (purple for INFPs), get them something that colour.

Every NFP ever is a deeply fascinated by the Edo period of Japan. Get them something relating to that time period. We're also all good at astronomy.
    Damn, how did you know my favorite history period???? Wait, which one was the Edo again, wasn't that like an era of peace or something? What about that Jensokudai or whatever, you know the 22-sided civil war, now THAT would have been interesting.

Ooh, apparently I'm an ENFP now, though purple is good too.

I did once "teach" astronomy.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! [Oh wait, I could PRETEND that you are in my head, which would allow me to keep my real head hidden, yes yes yes...]

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Something that shows you know them very well, that hints at something only you two share.
    Yes! And if all else fails a hand-made/unique card with something heartfelt on the inside. Or a picture of the two of you + card. I got an Ipod Itouch for an Xmas present which honestly puzzled me at the time and even now while I love it much more humble gifts have touched me more. For instance, a journal someone gave me to encourage me to write with a personal note inside.

So show that either you pay attention to them and know them or else try to share part of yourself or encourage them in some way.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram

If you can't think of anything particularly personal to give them, you pretty much can't go wrong with a handmade card and handwritten note along with a gift certificate to a bookstore.

also, if you are good at making anything (knitting, drawing, or whatever) we love receiving handmade things (at least I do). But you might need to be careful with making clothing. accessories such as a bag or knitted hat are better.

really, we will appreciate anything that thought was put into.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram

oh, yes, and journals/ pens or art supplies (if they like to draw) are good too!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I'd go for something that compliments their artistic side, or any kind of creative hobby they might have, which most xNFPs seem to.
    yeah...that would be my suggestion too.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by bearette View Post
    oh, yes, and journals/ pens or art supplies (if they like to draw) are good too!
    Really? All you NFs like journals?

I almost get offended when people get me journals because since that's where I pour my innermost thoughts and feelings, I prefer to get my own with just the right texture, color of paper, binding and cover. The wrong kind of journal actually throws me off and makes it not as easy for me to write and be creative. My journals are all different from each other too. One had a cardboard cover and another had orange moleskin. They kind of mark the different eras of my life.

But anyway, gifts! Music, movies, anything artistic. I'm a sucker for mix CDs. If the gift is a practical one from an SP/SJ friend, I'd appreciate that too because I'd know they're just trying to help me organize my life.