First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    That wouldn't work for me, giving me money would be the worst gift option to give me. It's no thought, none at all.

Definately think about the things you know they do like, and get something specific to them.
    Yeah, my dad and I typically only accept the money thing from family since we've kind of given up on getting them to see the light.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

1) A bottle of Zoloft
    2) A discounted subscription to OKCupid.

MBTI
    INFP

I have two close ESFPs in my life: my mother and my best friend. Between the two of them I am constantly receiving things. They give things so often that even though I have tried to steer both of them toward giving me things that would be meaningful to me (trying to get them to stop giving is useless), they inevitably give a lot that isn't personally meaningful. I really have to remember with them that it is the thought that counts, and I think if you're looking for something for an INFP you can be reasonably sure that they will remember that. We're more apt to be focused on what the gift (and giving it) means to you.

ESFP like to give things I need but don't buy for myself (shoes, makeup, a can of Raid). The ES/IN divide can be a hard one to cross so I really don't expect them to remember and understand what is personally meaningful to me. The danger in giving practical things is the ESFP must remember that it is something that would be useful to me, and not something that struck their fancy. So if you're going for shoes or clothes you really have to know my personal taste. Since I barely know my personal taste and only know what I definitely don't like (usually after I've seen it), this can be difficult to accomplish. And since I don't want to hurt their feelings they are apt to keep giving me this stuff.

Something heartfelt like a letter is really great. I tend to keep letters for years and years and I definitely re-read them. The ESFPs in my life like to tell how they feel about people although they don't consider themselves to be good writers. That's okay, I just like to remember that I was loved at that moment in time, and I like to feel the bond all over again. (if I ever befriend an ESFP who is a songwriter and they write a song about me I could die happy, I'm serious)

Something to write in is good, like a journal, diary, or notepad. Music is good since I'll usually give anything a listen at least once and I am always looking for something new to get into. If the INFP in your life likes to cook, then a cookbook especially with built-in variety (like foods from different countries, that sort of thing). I don't promise to do more than read them and imagine the dishes I could make, but I'd like the gift.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Give them lots of love and support them when they need it.

I was being a bit sarcastic there.
    Simply ask what they would like to have and buy it if it's reasonably priced need. That is what I do. I have figured out that people themselves know what they want and I'm poor in guessing. It's boring but it works and people get stuff they need from me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I will love you forever if you gave me a $50 gift card to Barnes and Noble. No really, I would. For one because it shows that you know that I LOVE books, but it also gives me the le-way to pick out what I want. Oh, and a hug is nice too.
    ENFP 4w5

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't mind money or giftcards, but I'll be a lot more touched if you give me a material gift. Especially if it shows how well you know me. Couple anything with: "this looks like you/this reminded me of you" and I'll love it.

heart on fire

I always want books but I get irritated with people in the family who don't know me, never really tried to know me in fact and they send me really cheesey, pop type history books so I suppose I'd rather have a gift card in those cases.

One of my sisters sends me cute cat nicknacks and I do adore cats and they mean a lot to me because she loves cats and she found them cute and she wanted to share with me. But these things would not have the same meaning from someone else!

Basically, if you know me well and I know you tried to give me something from your heart to mine, I'll cherish it forever. One of my favorite gifts when I was a teen was from someone who was broke that year and they gave me a white bucket with a cat face they drew on it themselves. I proudly displayed it for years.

Someone else mentioned a journal. Yes, this would be a good, safe bet for INFP I am thinking. Even if they never use it, they will think they will use it! But again, try to know their fav colors or animals or flowers or something. Don't assume all INFP want magic purple unicorns on their stationary.

MBTI
    ENFP

As mentioned, something with a personal touch. Perhaps a book on their favourite topic. If they like sports buy a couple sports tickets and go to a game with them. Maybe a small photo album with some photos in it.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

eh, anything really, they don't care as long as there's ANY semblance of thought to the gift. its the thought for them

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Something that shows you know them very well, that hints at something only you two share.

+1

End of thread.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.