User Tag List

12 Last

Default NFs how often do you think about relativity of emotions ?

I am wondering how often NFs (and SFs) think about how much their emotions are realtive.

My this I means that in a situations when you are really happy you start analysing the entire thing by looking at the facts and thinking about why did that make you happy ?
    Does the same applys when something makes you unhappy ?

Also I am wondering how often do you think about things but you don't attach any emotional value to it? Which leads into situation that you understand that something will make you feel good or bad but there is nothing more to it is since this is only your emotional reaction while that thing or situation just is.

I hope that the questions make sense to you.

Phantonym

When I'm happy, I just feel the feeling and let the positive emotion take over me. Not much analyzing there.
    When I'm unhappy, the negative emotion still overwhelms me but I instantly start to analyze it. Taking it all apart and analyzing, analyzing, analyzing...until I'm done or numb.

As to the second question, if the things have some personal meaning to me, I care for them or find them important, there's always some emotional value involved. I let these things through my emotional filter.
    But if the things have no mentionable significance to me, then sure, no emotional attachment whatsoever, obviously. Neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am wondering how often NFs (and SFs) think about how much their emotions are realtive.

My this I means that in a situations when you are really happy you start analysing the entire thing by looking at the facts and thinking about why did that make you happy ?
    Does the same applys when something makes you unhappy ?

Also I am wondering how often do you think about things but you don't attach any emotional value to it? Which leads into situation that you understand that something will make you feel good or bad but there is nothing more to it is since this is only your emotional reaction while that thing or situation just is.

I hope that the questions make sense to you.
    I know for ENFPs we tend to analyse everything. For me I don't analyse this one that often though because happiness seems to lie on a more superficial level than most of my goals. Like targeting happiness without mapping anything else into the situation tends to undermine a lot of higher goals. Long term more idealistic happiness is something I question a bit though, but it is more like forming a perfect picture than saying this works and this doesn't for specific things.

I suppose in the times when I really find perfection I like to question why though. It isn't really a stop and think moment. Most things just become clear when they become clear, and are questioned when I want to know. ie. when I have an interest in it for some reason, or else I need it.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    When I'm happy, I just feel the feeling and let the positive emotion take over me. Not much analyzing there.
    When I'm unhappy, the negative emotion still overwhelms me but I instantly start to analyze it. Taking it all apart and analyzing, analyzing, analyzing...until I'm done or numb.

It is interesting that you don't do it in the case of happiness.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I tend to weed out the bad emotions by determining what causes them and let the other ones free flow. If it's easy to reproduce positive ones then I do.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Phantonym

It is interesting that you don't do it in the case of happiness.
    Yes, doctor, what is the diagnosis? :ouch:

Yes, doctor, what is the diagnosis? :ouch:
    Since you are asking I will say: average NF

Phantonym

Since you are asking I will say: average NF
    Oh noes. The eternal suffering I must endure. Whyyyyyyy?

Oh noes. The eternal suffering I must endure. Whyyyyyyy?
    Very convincing Sky.

But I am really interested in how NFs think about these matters. I am aware of the fact that there is a dosage of rigidity in them but they are not asked in a hostile way/context.

Does anyone else wants to answer the questions ?