User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: Tertiary Te

  1. #1
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default Tertiary Te

    I'm afraid of using it. Really am. I..got encouraged to do so last week and was reminded of why it was I only use it when not around people and even then. It makes me feel like an elephant in a china cabinet around people. And the worst part is, that if I completely embrace it, I don't realize I was said elephant untill later on

    Is this just because I have no practice? Do you gain more refined control over it if you just bite the bullet? Or is this because it's a tertiary function and I'll just have to live with it? I absolutely love Te in NTJs, and admire the way they wield it. I must look like such an amateur to them
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  2. #2
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Yes, I relate to the elephant in a china cabinet
    Being my inferior function, it's probably worse than yours. I resort to Te when people can't grasp Ne communication, and then I get accused of being abrasive & cold. I just thought I was being efficient and clear .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  3. #3
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Tell me what happened last week.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    528

    Default

    I try and use it when I want; sometimes I get called out on it. At that time, I respond "I am a feeler, not a thinker" :]



    I am exhausted, I will return later

  5. #5
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Tell me what happened last week.
    Euhm, I went ENTJ on my INTJ and actually hurt his feelings in the process

    It was stupid, he'd been pushing me to do something, so I finally get to it and work at it all day (Te), but he get's in my way wanting to debate stuff as to how to do it. It...slowed me down and didn't get anywhere, so I told him that if he wanted me to take care of this (as I didn't exactly enjoy doing it in the first place and I finally wanted it sorted so we'd be done with it and the stupid project has been bugging me for years!), he'd either let me get to it and get out of my way, or do it himself. Apparently, I was less than diplomatic about this
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  6. #6
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Euhm, I went ENTJ on my INTJ and actually hurt his feelings in the process

    It was stupid, he'd been pushing me to do something, so I finally get to it and work at it all day (Te), but he get's in my way wanting to debate stuff as to how to do it. It...slowed me down and didn't get anywhere, so I told him that if he wanted me to take care of this (as I didn't exactly enjoy doing it in the first place and I finally wanted it sorted so we'd be done with it and the stupid project has been bugging me for years!), he'd either let me get to it and get out of my way, or do it himself. Apparently, I was less than diplomatic about this

    Maybe I am wrong but doing this to your SO is actually more Fe then Te.

  7. #7
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Euhm it might appear F coz of my writing style,but I'm pretty sure that Fe is focussed on people and Te on matters. He was merely getting in my way and I didn't want to have to waste time on debating this stuff with him when it was going to cost me precious time to get the job done. How is that not Te?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  8. #8
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Euhm it might appear F coz of my writing style,but I'm pretty sure that Fe is focussed on people and Te on matters. He was merely getting in my way and I didn't want to have to waste time on debating this stuff with him when it was going to cost me precious time to get the job done. How is that not Te?
    To be honest alot of it depends on how did you said what you said.

    But from what I see the only place where you have used Te in this "incident" is when you have concluded that listening to him could take too much time.

  9. #9
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    To be honest alot of it depends on how did you said what you said.

    But from what I see the only place where you have used Te in this "incident" is when you have concluded that listening to him could take too much time.
    So becoming impatient and snappish when someone gets in your way thus causing your plans delay, is not a result of Te?

    I always thought it was. My snappishness hits peak when I am hammering a task to it's completion. I just want to get the person to shut up and let me get on with my task which is obviously causing me stress since I've hit a deadline of "I must do this now, no matter what it takes".
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  10. #10
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    So becoming impatient and snappish when someone gets in your way thus causing your plans delay, is not a result of Te?

    I always thought it was. My snappishness hits peak when I am hammering a task to it's completion. I just want to get the person to shut up and let me get on with my task which is obviously causing me stress since I've hit a deadline of "I must do this now, no matter what it takes".
    Funny, I experience exactly the same but relate Fe to it myself. Someone getting in my way when I am working a deadline with things I really can't be arsed with at the time, persistently! Even though I'm telling them off at first. I get snappy and Fe. Usually for a second or two then I retreat. Or using a really snarky comment without regard for the other person.

    It's definatly not Te for me!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Similar Threads

  1. Comparing tertiary-strong Fi/Te's and Ti/Fe's...
    By ChrisC99 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 09:51 PM
  2. What do Inferior Te + Tertiary Si and Inferior Si + Tertiary Look Like?
    By Savage Idealist in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 03:27 PM
  3. [ENFP] ENFPs and Tertiary Te
    By Gewitter27 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 10:04 PM
  4. [Te] NFs being... rational??? or just developed Te?
    By Venom in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 06:46 AM
  5. [Te] Why should I love Te?
    By helen in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 10:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO