Thread: Tertiary Te

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Default Tertiary Te

I'm afraid of using it. Really am. I..got encouraged to do so last week and was reminded of why it was I only use it when not around people and even then. It makes me feel like an elephant in a china cabinet around people. And the worst part is, that if I completely embrace it, I don't realize I was said elephant untill later on

Is this just because I have no practice? Do you gain more refined control over it if you just bite the bullet? Or is this because it's a tertiary function and I'll just have to live with it? I absolutely love Te in NTJs, and admire the way they wield it. I must look like such an amateur to them
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yes, I relate to the elephant in a china cabinet
    Being my inferior function, it's probably worse than yours. I resort to Te when people can't grasp Ne communication, and then I get accused of being abrasive & cold. I just thought I was being efficient and clear .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Tell me what happened last week.

I try and use it when I want; sometimes I get called out on it. At that time, I respond "I am a feeler, not a thinker" :]

I am exhausted, I will return later

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Tell me what happened last week.
    Euhm, I went ENTJ on my INTJ and actually hurt his feelings in the process

It was stupid, he'd been pushing me to do something, so I finally get to it and work at it all day (Te), but he get's in my way wanting to debate stuff as to how to do it. It...slowed me down and didn't get anywhere, so I told him that if he wanted me to take care of this (as I didn't exactly enjoy doing it in the first place and I finally wanted it sorted so we'd be done with it and the stupid project has been bugging me for years!), he'd either let me get to it and get out of my way, or do it himself. Apparently, I was less than diplomatic about this
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Euhm, I went ENTJ on my INTJ and actually hurt his feelings in the process

It was stupid, he'd been pushing me to do something, so I finally get to it and work at it all day (Te), but he get's in my way wanting to debate stuff as to how to do it. It...slowed me down and didn't get anywhere, so I told him that if he wanted me to take care of this (as I didn't exactly enjoy doing it in the first place and I finally wanted it sorted so we'd be done with it and the stupid project has been bugging me for years!), he'd either let me get to it and get out of my way, or do it himself. Apparently, I was less than diplomatic about this

Maybe I am wrong but doing this to your SO is actually more Fe then Te.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Euhm it might appear F coz of my writing style,but I'm pretty sure that Fe is focussed on people and Te on matters. He was merely getting in my way and I didn't want to have to waste time on debating this stuff with him when it was going to cost me precious time to get the job done. How is that not Te?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Euhm it might appear F coz of my writing style,but I'm pretty sure that Fe is focussed on people and Te on matters. He was merely getting in my way and I didn't want to have to waste time on debating this stuff with him when it was going to cost me precious time to get the job done. How is that not Te?
    To be honest alot of it depends on how did you said what you said.

But from what I see the only place where you have used Te in this "incident" is when you have concluded that listening to him could take too much time.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    To be honest alot of it depends on how did you said what you said.

But from what I see the only place where you have used Te in this "incident" is when you have concluded that listening to him could take too much time.
    So becoming impatient and snappish when someone gets in your way thus causing your plans delay, is not a result of Te?

I always thought it was. My snappishness hits peak when I am hammering a task to it's completion. I just want to get the person to shut up and let me get on with my task which is obviously causing me stress since I've hit a deadline of "I must do this now, no matter what it takes".
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    So becoming impatient and snappish when someone gets in your way thus causing your plans delay, is not a result of Te?

I always thought it was. My snappishness hits peak when I am hammering a task to it's completion. I just want to get the person to shut up and let me get on with my task which is obviously causing me stress since I've hit a deadline of "I must do this now, no matter what it takes".
    Funny, I experience exactly the same but relate Fe to it myself. Someone getting in my way when I am working a deadline with things I really can't be arsed with at the time, persistently! Even though I'm telling them off at first. I get snappy and Fe. Usually for a second or two then I retreat. Or using a really snarky comment without regard for the other person.

It's definatly not Te for me!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf