User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 64

Thread: Tertiary Te

  1. #41
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    But, how do you know? And what's the point?
    Boringness
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #42
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Can you tell me something if it is not a secret: In which situations do you realize that you have too little Te in yourself ?
    I mostly experience Te as a nuissance, really. It's effort that I have to put in stuff I don't really wanna go through. Often I have a bunch of ideas (Ne), which feel right (Fi), but categorizing them and classifying them or executing them (Te) would a) mean I have to stop Ne-ing, which is way too fun and b) would limit the way I can use those ideas coz you can only categorize in a certain way (alfabetically, genre, etc etc) which means that the perfect feel (Fi) gets compromised and the associations taht I cannot classify get lost (Ne). I'm just unwilling to do that and rather keep them floating about with a little reminder (Si?) for when the opportunity strikes.

    The moments I do notice that it's lacking, is when I'm pressured and unable to use Fi as filter for Ne. I'm literally unable to decide at that point and use Te to break the gridlock. Also when I am overloaded with ideas and I have no clue as to how to fit them all together and make them realistic. I royally suck at that so I turn to my So
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  3. #43
    Senior Member Galusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    But, how do you know? And what's the point?
    How do I know? Intuition

    The point is usually just entertainment. I enjoy knowing motivations, either because it's fun to manipulate someone else based on them or because the information is just interesting on its own-- kinda like how it's cool to hear a crazy story about someone you don't know. It doesn't affect you, but hey, it's there!

  4. #44
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I mostly experience Te as a nuissance, really. It's effort that I have to put in stuff I don't really wanna go through. Often I have a bunch of ideas (Ne), which feel right (Fi), but categorizing them and classifying them or executing them (Te) would a) mean I have to stop Ne-ing, which is way too fun and b) would limit the way I can use those ideas coz you can only categorize in a certain way (alfabetically, genre, etc etc) which means that the perfect feel (Fi) gets compromised and the associations taht I cannot classify get lost (Ne). I'm just unwilling to do that and rather keep them floating about with a little reminder (Si?) for when the opportunity strikes.

    The moments I do notice that it's lacking, is when I'm pressured and unable to use Fi as filter for Ne. I'm literally unable to decide at that point and use Te to break the gridlock. Also when I am overloaded with ideas and I have no clue as to how to fit them all together and make them realistic. I royally suck at that so I turn to my So

    Well, this is a typical FP logic. But you are overlooking one thing about Te which that imbracing your Te will change who your are. Also it will change how you think about things. The main thing is that Te usually can be linked with faith into your own desicions. Which is because they are better if you have developed Te. Which is very useful trait in life.


    You are right if you say that you will lose some of your values in the process of developing Te. But you will gain another set of them if you develop your Te a little bit.
    So it is not likely that you or any other FP will fall into a depression because of this. Which is because you are changing things at their root. But you will still have a fair a mount of Fi to make your life nice/what you want. Because nothing will change by a large degree.


    FPs look at this from more practical side which is can be summarized in question " Do you really want to spend the rest of your life hidding from Te ?" The sooner you realize that you need a certain minimum of Te always in your life the better.

  5. #45
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    No offense but that's ironic coming from you

    I do appreciate your insights though
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  6. #46
    Senior Member Galusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?
    Posts
    204

    Default

    aw, Antisocial... I agree with you, but go easy on 'em

  7. #47
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galusha View Post
    aw, Antisocial... I agree with you, but go easy on 'em
    It's ok, we seem more fragile than we are
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  8. #48
    Senior Member Galusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    It's ok, we seem more fragile than we are
    Are you kidding me?! I live with Tiny Army! NFs are freaking vicious!

    It's also true that you attract more flies with honey...

  9. #49
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galusha View Post
    Are you kidding me?! I live with Tiny Army! NFs are freaking vicious!

    It's also true that you attract more flies with honey...
    My condolences
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  10. #50
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    No offense but that's ironic coming from you

    I do appreciate your insights though

    I could say many things but instead I will just ask you " What makes you think that this is ironic if it comes from me? "

Similar Threads

  1. Comparing tertiary-strong Fi/Te's and Ti/Fe's...
    By ChrisC99 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 09:51 PM
  2. What do Inferior Te + Tertiary Si and Inferior Si + Tertiary Look Like?
    By Savage Idealist in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 03:27 PM
  3. [ENFP] ENFPs and Tertiary Te
    By Gewitter27 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 10:04 PM
  4. [Te] NFs being... rational??? or just developed Te?
    By Venom in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 06:46 AM
  5. [Te] Why should I love Te?
    By helen in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 10:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO