• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] opinions on infps?

Juni

MBTI Type
INFx
not going to lie, its hard to be an INFP guy sometimes. but i wouldnt have it any other way, I can be macho and sensitive when need be.

Like your avatar of firefighters. You will macholy rescue the kitten from the tree, hand it back to the kids, and win the hearts of the women standing around watching you in action. Hawt!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So what's an immature INFP look like vs. a mature INFP?

I've seen it said before that a clingy INFP is a no-no. Any advice for an INFP that has a dominant sx variant (Enneagram) on how to be... less clingy/possessive of those close to them? Opinions?

Look into "ISFJ" ;)

-----

I don't think an immature INFP is any worse than any other immature type. My worst nightmare is immature ExTx types.

An immature INFP will appear one of two ways, usually:
1. moody, self-absorbed, cynical and overly idealistic, romanticizes flaws, elitist, withdrawn, too sensitive, critical (probably enneagram 4)

2. too "nice", too passive, feels victimized, extremely conflict avoidant, low confidence, seeks pity, too sensitive, no ambition, no sense of self, deluded optimism (probably enneagram 9)

These extremes basically amount to "mean INFP" vs "fluffy INFP".

The thing is, I read that very often in these forums. Everyone seems to find INFP girls / women cute and stuff, me included. On the other hand, I read rarely that this applies to the guys.

The reasoning for it must be complicated, if this would be right. Maybe the stereotype of an INFP just doesn't go well with the stereotype of the typical man in society, but much more with women?

That's on forums....IRL, an INFP woman is far from fitting society's idea of women (read: ESFJ). But I don't doubt that being an IFP man is rough - it's pretty opposite of the male ideal (read: ESTJ).

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
Like your avatar of firefighters. You will macholy rescue the kitten from the tree, hand it back to the kids, and win the hearts of the women standing around watching you in action. Hawt!

HAHA then I have to turn around and teel them "sorry ladies I like men, and im with someone"

Juni

MBTI Type
INFx
HAHA then I have to turn around and teel them "sorry ladies I like men, and im with someone"

I have a gay man fetish. You really shouldn't have told me that. :hug:

*activates stalker mode*

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
The thing is, I read that very often in these forums. Everyone seems to find INFP girls / women cute and stuff, me included. On the other hand, I read rarely that this applies to the guys. It is not that no one likes them, probably that fits not at all, but they don't seem to be the ones you want to be with all the time, which makes relationships and close friendships difficult and more rare.

At the end we all like the persons and not their types I think, but I am suspecting a tendency that life of an INFP guy isn't that easy. Or I just project from myself in that.

The reasoning for it must be complicated, if this would be right. Maybe the stereotype of an INFP just doesn't go well with the stereotype of the typical man in society, but much more with women?

INFP guy = great

There. I said it.

I think the whole "this type is ok as a female but not a male" is just being unwilling to accept people who don't fit a mold. An INFP female fits the mold vs an INTJ female who prob gets told the males are ok but not the females.

Last edited:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was told so many times that D and D was a tool of the devil, while growing up, then I found out what it actually entailed....I've never been so disappointed in my life.

As an aside, why are there so many threads about who likes INFP's? And whether INFP's like INFP's ATM? I come in peace:thumbup:

S

sammy

I love the INFPs in my real life. Online, sometimes run into some misunderstandings, but that's to be expected given the medium.

My childhood best friend is an INFP :wubbie: She's amazed me with her boldness over the years. Very brave in the face of extreme adversity. I don't think she knew she had it in her until she was forced to face reality, but she showed the strength of an army when push came to shove. I've seen similar traits in the other INFPs I've known, and I admire your ability to know how you feel so damn well haha!

When I require feeling-advice (on friendships, relationships, community/cultural issues, etc.), an INFP is often my first stop for gaining knowledge and clarity on the matter.

I think you guys sometimes underestimate your own abilities to your detriment. It helps when you have a strong support network, and especially a significant other who understands and loves you unconditionally. That's where you guys thrive. I think your sense of humor comes out best when you're hanging out with close friends. You pay very close attention to the emotional atmosphere, and seem to get effected by the physical atmosphere as well...like, it can inspire you guys to create art and write, or to close up and run away.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think you guys sometimes underestimate your own abilities to your detriment. It helps when you have a strong support network, and especially a significant other who understands and loves you unconditionally. That's where you guys thrive. I think your sense of humor comes out best when you're hanging out with close friends. You pay very close attention to the emotional atmosphere, and seem to get effected by the physical atmosphere as well...like, it can inspire you guys to create art and write, or to close up and run away.

INFPsRcomfortFOOD.jpg

B

brainheart

INFP guy = great

There. I said it.

I think the whole "this type is ok as a female but not a male" is just being unwilling to accept people who don't fit a mold. An INFP female fits the mold vs and INTJ female who prob gets told the males are ok but not the females.

Yeah, no offense to ESTJ guys or anything, but I'm not interested- which is cool, because there are plenty of girls out there who are. It's kind of silly to say anything about any type being the 'ideal' type, because they're ideal to certain people but not others. All of my major crushes have all been IXFP guys, so I don't know what all of this is about. I mean, you're the romantic poets, baring your souls, guitar or pen or paint brush in hand. Many girls (and people in general) find this admirable and drool-worthy.

Oh ps, I don't consider myself to be all that womanly. I'm not all that warm, pretty reserved, kind of selfish. I can be blunt. So... just because there's an 'f' in the typology doesn't necessarily mean feminine.

Juni

MBTI Type
INFx
All of my major crushes have all been IXFP guys, so I don't know what all of this is about. I mean, you're the romantic poets, baring your souls, guitar or pen or paint brush in hand. Many girls (and people in general) find this admirable and drool-worthy.

Johnny Depp is an INFP. Enough said. :wubbie:

Juni

MBTI Type
INFx
They like him even though he's creepy... further evidence I have a chance! :D

Include "you know, I am an INFP like Johnny Depp" in your pick up lines. Having any connection at all to that man will make her weak in the knees.

And he isn't creepy, he is "eccentric". Creepy brings to mind that guy you met once that followed you around for weeks then broke into your house and stole your tooth brush. Eccentric is unpredictable and fun.

They mean about the same thing, but it is all in presentation. ;)

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Include "you know, I am an INFP like Johnny Depp" in your pick up lines. Having any connection at all to that man will make her weak in the knees.

And he isn't creepy, he is "eccentric". Creepy brings to mind that guy you met once that followed you around for weeks then broke into your house and stole your tooth brush. Eccentric is unpredictable and fun.

They mean about the same thing, but it is all in presentation. ;)

He's only considered eccentric because he has money. ;)

Juni

MBTI Type
INFx
He's only considered eccentric because he has money. ;)

Please! Pfft. I would take that man broke, in debt, chubby, and laying in a coma... if only he promised to sing me a song after he woke up and found out that I paid off all of his bills.

Oh Johnny Depp... I love you so!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Please! Pfft. I would take that man broke, in debt, chubby, and laying in a coma... if only he promised to sing me a song after he woke up and found out that I paid off all of his bills.

*backs away slowly* Maybe all us INFPs are creepy and the chicks just know better how to hide it... :D

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP

Hello kiddies...

...The word for the day is "stalker", can you say "stalker"?

:D