• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] opinions on infps?

A

A window to the soul

Mostly had bad experiences, whimsical feelings that seem to be intense one min then ignoring you the next

I consider myself an INFP. I tend to have a whimsical state of mind. I can get side-tracked and suppress whimsical or intense feelings suddenly and vice versa... It doesn't take much for that to happen to me. On the surface it may look like I'm running "hot and cold", but I'm really just redirecting attention to a more serious matter that requires me to use logical 'Thinking'; which I'm very good at, but it takes energy to do, I need space with no external (emotional) stimuli to do it well. I'll also withdraw like that if I get too much emotional stimuli (suddenly) that I have to process through. I'll "appear" to ignore people when I need to recharge too.

With that said, it may seem I'm "ignoring" people; however, that is farther from the truth, I'm very much aware of people, even when it seems I'm "ignoring" them. I'm still "tuned in". If I perceive someone is about to have an emotional break down when I'm "appearing to ignore them", I'll suddenly spring back to life to ease their mind.

Last edited:

Unique

I do consider myself an INFP. I do naturally tend to have a more whimsical child-like state of mind. I have a tendency to get side-tracked and suddenly suppress whimsical or intense feelings... It doesn't take much for that to happen to me. On the surface it may look like I'm running "hot and cold", but I'm really just redirecting attention to a more serious matter that requires me to use logical 'Thinking'; which I'm very good at, but it takes more of my energy to do AND I'll have to suppress 'feelings' to do it. I need space with no external (emotional) stimuli to do it well. I'll also withdraw like that if I get too much emotional stimuli (suddenly) that I have to process. Finally, I'll "appear" to ignore people when I need to recharge.

With that said, it may seem I'm "ignoring" people I care about sometimes; however, that is farther from the truth, I'm very much aware of people, even when it seems I'm "ignoring" them. I'm still "tuned in" from a distance. If I perceive someone is about to have an emotional break down when I'm "appearing to ignore them", I'll suddenly spring back to life to ease their mind.

Child like is more like how I would describe an INTPs emotions, simple and to the point. INFPs I would describe as more complex in that way.

I believe you are projecting a bit here though and really don't have a decent reply to what you have said as it doesn't really relate to my own experiences.

One point though, ignoring is ignoring, you may not think you are in your own dream ideal world but in actual reality you are

A

A window to the soul

One point though, ignoring is ignoring, you may not think you are in your own dream ideal world but in actual reality you are

hmm... Makes sense, you might be right about that. ;)

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
An immature INFP is just about the worst thing you can ever come across.
A mature INFP... now that's a whole different story. :)

I adore INFPs in general though. They're cutesy and all that, you know? Like innocent little kids at times (no, that is NOT supposed to be demeaning ;)).

I find it remarkable how INFPs seem frail, but can go against... tides of misfortune, per say.

Phenix

MBTI Type
INFP
Sometimes these hands are so clumsy
that I drop things and people laugh.
Sometimes these hands are so graceful
that I see them signing autographs.

Sometimes this face is so funny
that I hide it behind a book.
Sometimes this face has so much class
that I have to sneak a second look.

Sometimes this life is so scary
that I become afraid.
Then I remember you're in it
and I think I might still have it made.

What I want to know from you
when you hear my plea.
Do you like or love
either or both of me?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE OMG.

This is actually one of the things that made me realize that I can't possibly be one.

Well, that, and I have trouble shutting up.

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
So what's an immature INFP look like vs. a mature INFP?

I've seen it said before that a clingy INFP is a no-no. Any advice for an INFP that has a dominant sx variant (Enneagram) on how to be... less clingy/possessive of those close to them? Opinions?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I wonder if the immature INFP are the more passive aggressive, victim-y ones, and the mature INFP are the more self-aware, honest ones.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
INFP girls = they're all right, i like their optimism

INFP guys = can't relate to them

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can't say I really understand the Lord of the Ringsish/D and D bent I've observed in a lot of them.

Never heard of D and D (?) but LOTRs :heart:.

Mega fan here.

Always dreamed that I'd love to live in the Shire if it
was a real place. Same for that place where
the elves lived, so beautiful.

Such sweet comments on here about us INFPs :blush:.

heart

heart on fire

I've seen it said before that a clingy INFP is a no-no. Any advice for an INFP that has a dominant sx variant (Enneagram) on how to be... less clingy/possessive of those close to them? Opinions?

Find someone who wants to be clung to?

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Any advice for an INFP that has a dominant sx variant (Enneagram) on how to be... less clingy/possessive of those close to them? Opinions?

Highest Priority----> Higher purpose/Career/Hobbies
Second Priority----> Depending on People too much, Caring about what they do on a daily basis.

I prefer extremely ambitious INFPs no matter if it is art or some thing more practical like scientific research. I prefer extremely ambitious people in general. When I was younger, I was more meek, dreamy and nice. As I grew older, I grew horns. :devil: Hahaha. I prefer tough INFPs who can handle their battles and fight for what they believe in, but also be considerate and empathic. I don't know a lot of INFPs. We don't mesh because we are so reserved and I don't know how to draw people outside of themselves.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
i was naive when i was young (surprise there)... but i was INTP then... i wasn't really sentimental. i was interested in sci-fi, observing the stars, taking things apart and seeing how they work... i was quite a dreamer, though, i think... i think Fi is great, if you can ground it some...

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???

The thing is, I read that very often in these forums. Everyone seems to find INFP girls / women cute and stuff, me included. On the other hand, I read rarely that this applies to the guys. It is not that no one likes them, probably that fits not at all, but they don't seem to be the ones you want to be with all the time, which makes relationships and close friendships difficult and more rare.

At the end we all like the persons and not their types I think, but I am suspecting a tendency that life of an INFP guy isn't that easy. Or I just project from myself in that.

The reasoning for it must be complicated, if this would be right. Maybe the stereotype of an INFP just doesn't go well with the stereotype of the typical man in society, but much more with women?

gromit

likes this
The thing is, I read that very often in these forums. Everyone seems to find INFP girls / women cute and stuff, me included. On the other hand, I read rarely that this applies to the guys. It is not that no one likes them, probably that fits not at all, but they don't seem to be the ones you want to be with all the time, which makes relationships and close friendships difficult and more rare.

At the end we all like the persons and not their types I think, but I am suspecting a tendency that life of an INFP guy isn't that easy. Or I just project from myself in that.

The reasoning for it must be complicated, if this would be right. Maybe the stereotype of an INFP just doesn't go well with the stereotype of the typical man in society, but much more with women?

I could totally see that being the case. Same with ENFP men. Same with INTJ women. A lot of what is being described on the femininity thread seems to be XNFP...

Juni

MBTI Type
INFx

Self confidence that comes with age.

I wonder if the immature INFP are the more passive aggressive, victim-y ones, and the mature INFP are the more self-aware, honest ones.

I agree with that.

I get along better with the INFP guys than the girls.

Don't you know men aren't suppose to have feelings?

But seriously, I think gender roles have a lot to do with it. Girls are "suppose" to be the dreamy, love bug, emotional balls of fluff. Boys are "suppose" to be the strong ones that never show emotion.

I love INFP guys though. They are damn sexy.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
not going to lie, its hard to be an INFP guy sometimes. but i wouldnt have it any other way, I can be macho and sensitive when need be.