User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by BRMC117 View Post
    not going to lie, its hard to be an INFP guy sometimes. but i wouldnt have it any other way, I can be macho and sensitive when need be.
    Like your avatar of firefighters. You will macholy rescue the kitten from the tree, hand it back to the kids, and win the hearts of the women standing around watching you in action. Hawt!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Spaghetti View Post
    So what's an immature INFP look like vs. a mature INFP?

I've seen it said before that a clingy INFP is a no-no. Any advice for an INFP that has a dominant sx variant (Enneagram) on how to be... less clingy/possessive of those close to them? Opinions?
    Look into "ISFJ"

-----

I don't think an immature INFP is any worse than any other immature type. My worst nightmare is immature ExTx types.

An immature INFP will appear one of two ways, usually:
    1. moody, self-absorbed, cynical and overly idealistic, romanticizes flaws, elitist, withdrawn, too sensitive, critical (probably enneagram 4)

2. too "nice", too passive, feels victimized, extremely conflict avoidant, low confidence, seeks pity, too sensitive, no ambition, no sense of self, deluded optimism (probably enneagram 9)

These extremes basically amount to "mean INFP" vs "fluffy INFP".

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    The thing is, I read that very often in these forums. Everyone seems to find INFP girls / women cute and stuff, me included. On the other hand, I read rarely that this applies to the guys.

The reasoning for it must be complicated, if this would be right. Maybe the stereotype of an INFP just doesn't go well with the stereotype of the typical man in society, but much more with women?
    That's on forums....IRL, an INFP woman is far from fitting society's idea of women (read: ESFJ). But I don't doubt that being an IFP man is rough - it's pretty opposite of the male ideal (read: ESTJ).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Like your avatar of firefighters. You will macholy rescue the kitten from the tree, hand it back to the kids, and win the hearts of the women standing around watching you in action. Hawt!

HAHA then I have to turn around and teel them "sorry ladies I like men, and im with someone"
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    INFx

HAHA then I have to turn around and teel them "sorry ladies I like men, and im with someone"
    I have a gay man fetish. You really shouldn't have told me that.

*activates stalker mode*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    I have a gay man fetish. You really shouldn't have told me that.

*activates stalker mode*
    *runs away with flailing arms* just kidding lol
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    The thing is, I read that very often in these forums. Everyone seems to find INFP girls / women cute and stuff, me included. On the other hand, I read rarely that this applies to the guys. It is not that no one likes them, probably that fits not at all, but they don't seem to be the ones you want to be with all the time, which makes relationships and close friendships difficult and more rare.

At the end we all like the persons and not their types I think, but I am suspecting a tendency that life of an INFP guy isn't that easy. Or I just project from myself in that.

The reasoning for it must be complicated, if this would be right. Maybe the stereotype of an INFP just doesn't go well with the stereotype of the typical man in society, but much more with women?
    INFP guy = great

There. I said it.

I think the whole "this type is ok as a female but not a male" is just being unwilling to accept people who don't fit a mold. An INFP female fits the mold vs an INTJ female who prob gets told the males are ok but not the females.
    Last edited by Laurie; 03-27-2010 at 11:40 PM. Reason: "an" not "and"

MBTI
    INFx

*runs away with flailing arms* just kidding lol
    LOL!

Pics? Vids? Some of the two of you together would be wonderful.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I was told so many times that D and D was a tool of the devil, while growing up, then I found out what it actually entailed....I've never been so disappointed in my life.

As an aside, why are there so many threads about who likes INFP's? And whether INFP's like INFP's ATM? I come in peace
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sammy

I love the INFPs in my real life. Online, sometimes run into some misunderstandings, but that's to be expected given the medium.

My childhood best friend is an INFP She's amazed me with her boldness over the years. Very brave in the face of extreme adversity. I don't think she knew she had it in her until she was forced to face reality, but she showed the strength of an army when push came to shove. I've seen similar traits in the other INFPs I've known, and I admire your ability to know how you feel so damn well haha!

When I require feeling-advice (on friendships, relationships, community/cultural issues, etc.), an INFP is often my first stop for gaining knowledge and clarity on the matter.

I think you guys sometimes underestimate your own abilities to your detriment. It helps when you have a strong support network, and especially a significant other who understands and loves you unconditionally. That's where you guys thrive. I think your sense of humor comes out best when you're hanging out with close friends. You pay very close attention to the emotional atmosphere, and seem to get effected by the physical atmosphere as well...like, it can inspire you guys to create art and write, or to close up and run away.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    I think you guys sometimes underestimate your own abilities to your detriment. It helps when you have a strong support network, and especially a significant other who understands and loves you unconditionally. That's where you guys thrive. I think your sense of humor comes out best when you're hanging out with close friends. You pay very close attention to the emotional atmosphere, and seem to get effected by the physical atmosphere as well...like, it can inspire you guys to create art and write, or to close up and run away.

"How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM