INFP girls = they're all right, i like their optimism

INFP guys = can't relate to them

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Can't say I really understand the Lord of the Ringsish/D and D bent I've observed in a lot of them.
    Never heard of D and D (?) but LOTRs .

Mega fan here.

Always dreamed that I'd love to live in the Shire if it
    was a real place. Same for that place where
    the elves lived, so beautiful.

Such sweet comments on here about us INFPs .
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Spaghetti View Post
    So what's an immature INFP look like vs. a mature INFP?

I've seen it said before that a clingy INFP is a no-no. Any advice for an INFP that has a dominant sx variant (Enneagram) on how to be... less clingy/possessive of those close to them? Opinions?
    Find someone who wants to be clung to?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Any advice for an INFP that has a dominant sx variant (Enneagram) on how to be... less clingy/possessive of those close to them? Opinions?
    Highest Priority----> Higher purpose/Career/Hobbies
    Second Priority----> Depending on People too much, Caring about what they do on a daily basis.

I prefer extremely ambitious INFPs no matter if it is art or some thing more practical like scientific research. I prefer extremely ambitious people in general. When I was younger, I was more meek, dreamy and nice. As I grew older, I grew horns. Hahaha. I prefer tough INFPs who can handle their battles and fight for what they believe in, but also be considerate and empathic. I don't know a lot of INFPs. We don't mesh because we are so reserved and I don't know how to draw people outside of themselves.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i was naive when i was young (surprise there)... but i was INTP then... i wasn't really sentimental. i was interested in sci-fi, observing the stars, taking things apart and seeing how they work... i was quite a dreamer, though, i think... i think Fi is great, if you can ground it some...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post

The thing is, I read that very often in these forums. Everyone seems to find INFP girls / women cute and stuff, me included. On the other hand, I read rarely that this applies to the guys. It is not that no one likes them, probably that fits not at all, but they don't seem to be the ones you want to be with all the time, which makes relationships and close friendships difficult and more rare.

At the end we all like the persons and not their types I think, but I am suspecting a tendency that life of an INFP guy isn't that easy. Or I just project from myself in that.

The reasoning for it must be complicated, if this would be right. Maybe the stereotype of an INFP just doesn't go well with the stereotype of the typical man in society, but much more with women?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    The thing is, I read that very often in these forums. Everyone seems to find INFP girls / women cute and stuff, me included. On the other hand, I read rarely that this applies to the guys. It is not that no one likes them, probably that fits not at all, but they don't seem to be the ones you want to be with all the time, which makes relationships and close friendships difficult and more rare.

At the end we all like the persons and not their types I think, but I am suspecting a tendency that life of an INFP guy isn't that easy. Or I just project from myself in that.

The reasoning for it must be complicated, if this would be right. Maybe the stereotype of an INFP just doesn't go well with the stereotype of the typical man in society, but much more with women?
    I could totally see that being the case. Same with ENFP men. Same with INTJ women. A lot of what is being described on the femininity thread seems to be XNFP...

MBTI
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Spaghetti View Post
    I've seen it said before that a clingy INFP is a no-no. Any advice for an INFP that has a dominant sx variant (Enneagram) on how to be... less clingy/possessive of those close to them? Opinions?
    Self confidence that comes with age.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I wonder if the immature INFP are the more passive aggressive, victim-y ones, and the mature INFP are the more self-aware, honest ones.
    I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post

I get along better with the INFP guys than the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    Don't you know men aren't suppose to have feelings?

But seriously, I think gender roles have a lot to do with it. Girls are "suppose" to be the dreamy, love bug, emotional balls of fluff. Boys are "suppose" to be the strong ones that never show emotion.

I love INFP guys though. They are damn sexy.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

love them. but they have a habit of getting in their own way.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

not going to lie, its hard to be an INFP guy sometimes. but i wouldnt have it any other way, I can be macho and sensitive when need be.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"