User Tag List

First 56789 Last

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Mostly had bad experiences, whimsical feelings that seem to be intense one min then ignoring you the next
    I consider myself an INFP. I tend to have a whimsical state of mind. I can get side-tracked and suppress whimsical or intense feelings suddenly and vice versa... It doesn't take much for that to happen to me. On the surface it may look like I'm running "hot and cold", but I'm really just redirecting attention to a more serious matter that requires me to use logical 'Thinking'; which I'm very good at, but it takes energy to do, I need space with no external (emotional) stimuli to do it well. I'll also withdraw like that if I get too much emotional stimuli (suddenly) that I have to process through. I'll "appear" to ignore people when I need to recharge too.

With that said, it may seem I'm "ignoring" people; however, that is farther from the truth, I'm very much aware of people, even when it seems I'm "ignoring" them. I'm still "tuned in". If I perceive someone is about to have an emotional break down when I'm "appearing to ignore them", I'll suddenly spring back to life to ease their mind.
    Last edited by A window to the soul; 12-17-2009 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    I do consider myself an INFP. I do naturally tend to have a more whimsical child-like state of mind. I have a tendency to get side-tracked and suddenly suppress whimsical or intense feelings... It doesn't take much for that to happen to me. On the surface it may look like I'm running "hot and cold", but I'm really just redirecting attention to a more serious matter that requires me to use logical 'Thinking'; which I'm very good at, but it takes more of my energy to do AND I'll have to suppress 'feelings' to do it. I need space with no external (emotional) stimuli to do it well. I'll also withdraw like that if I get too much emotional stimuli (suddenly) that I have to process. Finally, I'll "appear" to ignore people when I need to recharge.

With that said, it may seem I'm "ignoring" people I care about sometimes; however, that is farther from the truth, I'm very much aware of people, even when it seems I'm "ignoring" them. I'm still "tuned in" from a distance. If I perceive someone is about to have an emotional break down when I'm "appearing to ignore them", I'll suddenly spring back to life to ease their mind.
    Child like is more like how I would describe an INTPs emotions, simple and to the point. INFPs I would describe as more complex in that way.

I believe you are projecting a bit here though and really don't have a decent reply to what you have said as it doesn't really relate to my own experiences.

One point though, ignoring is ignoring, you may not think you are in your own dream ideal world but in actual reality you are

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    One point though, ignoring is ignoring, you may not think you are in your own dream ideal world but in actual reality you are
    hmm... Makes sense, you might be right about that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

An immature INFP is just about the worst thing you can ever come across.
    A mature INFP... now that's a whole different story.

I adore INFPs in general though. They're cutesy and all that, you know? Like innocent little kids at times (no, that is NOT supposed to be demeaning ).

I find it remarkable how INFPs seem frail, but can go against... tides of misfortune, per say.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INFP

Sometimes these hands are so clumsy
    that I drop things and people laugh.
    Sometimes these hands are so graceful
    that I see them signing autographs.

Sometimes this face is so funny
    that I hide it behind a book.
    Sometimes this face has so much class
    that I have to sneak a second look.

Sometimes this life is so scary
    that I become afraid.
    Then I remember you're in it
    and I think I might still have it made.

What I want to know from you
    when you hear my plea.
    Do you like or love
    either or both of me?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE OMG.

This is actually one of the things that made me realize that I can't possibly be one.

Well, that, and I have trouble shutting up.

I love INFPs. Kind and thoughtful and really really deep.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

opinions on infps?
    I'm for 'em.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

So what's an immature INFP look like vs. a mature INFP?

I've seen it said before that a clingy INFP is a no-no. Any advice for an INFP that has a dominant sx variant (Enneagram) on how to be... less clingy/possessive of those close to them? Opinions?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Spaghetti View Post
    So what's an immature INFP look like vs. a mature INFP?
    I wonder if the immature INFP are the more passive aggressive, victim-y ones, and the mature INFP are the more self-aware, honest ones.