User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Well, I've definitely gotten to know the two online. I'm just not sure how an INFP comes across offline, friendshipwise.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I don't understand the question... what do you mean by 'they're great and all.... etc'?
    I mean that you always seem to come up with a solution to problems or important decisions that just comes out of left field, and only seems appropriate in retrospect. I've always admired that, and it doesn't seem like any of the other types do it in quite the same way...

grrr. I can't explain it. That thing you do, you know!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Well, I've definitely gotten to know the two online. I'm just not sure how an INFP comes across offline, friendshipwise.
    I'm pretty confident you'd love us, if you noticed us.

For me, it's always been a very easy and relaxed friendship. (This is 2f, 1m.) ENFP is just fun, well meaning, and talkative enough to pull me out my shell, which in turn makes me talkative enough to make sure things don't dry up or become dull.

Using the power of Ne, the mood and topic of the conversations shift like the wind.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Galusha View Post
    I mean that you always seem to come up with a solution to problems or important decisions that just comes out of left field, and only seems appropriate in retrospect. I've always admired that, and it doesn't seem like any of the other types do it in quite the same way...

grrr. I can't explain it. That thing you do, you know!
    Oh, the brilliant flash of insight.

Heh, chalk it up to the power of extroverted intuition focusing the power of introverted feeling.

INFP insight recipe:
    Start with 5 servings Si. (In this recipe, Si is flavorless but provides substance. Stop here if you desire the same flavor over and over.)
    Add 4 parts Te. (Be sure to use only the freshest and most reliable data.)
    Combine with 10 parts Fi (Protip: Fi refines with age)
    Liberally mix with Ne and stir.

Continue mixing, on and off, for 1 second - 1 week - 1 year. The nature of the recipe is random, sometimes providing immediate results and other times requiring much stirring over an extended period of time.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

INFPs are sweet and I enjoy their company until they starting asking questions like "Do you think flowers wonder whether or not they're beautiful?".
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    INFPs are sweet and I enjoy their company until they starting asking questions like "Do you think flowers wonder whether or not they're beautiful?".
    LOL!
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    You never did answer me... Don't be hatin'!

MBTI
    xxxx

Of the four one-letter deviants from INTPs, I have to admit that, in my experience, INFPs are the most similar to us. If I had a soul, it'd be an INFP. (Now you see why I enjoy being a thinker.) </humor> On a serious note, I always felt INFPs had the same mind I had, but they used it to process different thoughts. For feelers, they're not too bad.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

All the ones I know have gone bankrupt and either are perpetually studying, or dropped out of school. The avoidance way of dealing with unpleasant situations often doesn't serve them well. They are usually quite accomplished people as long as they've decided it's important. The ones I know are all creative (often artistic or good writers) with an excellent sense of humour. Can't say I really understand the Lord of the Ringsish/D and D bent I've observed in a lot of them. Socially you need to tell them a time a couple of hours ahead of when you actually plan to meet if they are going to arrive at it at all. However, they usually discover an interesting route on the way there. Good late night talkers. Some are easily depressed/overcome by their own emotions or rely on addictions to help them cope with strong feelings. Interesting people, not very transparent, but in a different way than INFJs are hard to get to know through and through. When they dig in their heels, they can fight to the death, but usually hate confrontation.

Overall, I like 'em. They make great friends, but I don't think they'd work as an SO for me.

MBTI
    ENFP

INFPs are kind of useless, but usefulness and awesomeness really have no correlation in my opinion. A huge amount of my friends are INFPs. They are generally deep, wise...good to confide in and wonderful to discuss the big questions with. They're my favorite type to be around.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"