User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default ENFPs: ever feel like you have too much love?

i'm a supposed ENFP, i'm curious if yall ever feel the same as i do. whenever i'm around people, even people that i've only known for a few minutes, there's always a feeling of love. almost amazement. every time i'm around lots of people there's always a thought in my head like "wow... i love other people in general". i can always find the good in another person. i never show this feeling of love however, i'm always scared. i always think that people never care for me as much as i care for them, so i never want to truly show my appreciation. i'd rather them come to me than me come to them.

but that's starting to get off-track.

my main point is sometimes i feel like i love others too much. like i care so much about others that i don't stand up for my principals. if someone says something that i disagree with or think is dumb, i don't come out with it, i just agree with them anyway or say "i understand", even though i really don't. if my girlfriend and i ever get into an argument, we always make up even though in my heart i know it's not actually resolved on my side. like "i understand where you're coming from, and i'm sorry", even though i never actually feel sorry for anything. i just want the argument to end.

im often scared so badly that other people don't actually like me that i put up a wall of disinterest because i'm so scared of showing how i really feel. it takes a while before i actually show someone how much i care for them.

do any other ENFPs feel any of this? like they care too much for other people sometimes?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Can't relate at all. Well perhaps when it come to seeing the good in everyone... but I always voice my opinion and stand up for myself when needed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I feel love for my friends to varying degrees, they sometimes don't get what I mean.

I would be careful with just going along with arguments, it just makes a mess in the long run. Deal with the problems. I once got to the point where I just agreed with stuff even during a relationship even though I didn't just because I couldn't go through the stupid argument of him not getting what I was saying. If you feel the need to just agree with someone you should re-evaluate the relationship.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i relate to feeling like my capacity for love is greater than others...my appreciation for people, seeing the good and empathizing with others...feels more intense...but...it's not fair to assume i know how others truly feel or rather they feel things and keep quiet about it like i do...but...i'm also not afraid to disagree with anyone or stand up for my beliefs or priniciples and i can't fake harmony even a tiny bit.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Ne

I relate to all of that! I know exactly how you feel... not 100% of the time, but i can definitely identify with all those feelings.

yup, sometimes i totally feel that way.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

No. Sorry.

I have been disappointed by people enough times that my natural state is a combination of suspicion and unmitigated rage.

I have a LOT of room in my life for people, I just don't feel that strongly about everyone. I like people, I suppose? I don't go along with arguments if I can help it but sometimes it's just best (or most amusing?) to agree with someone who's wrong and watch how it all comes back to bite them in the ass later. If they're not going to admit you're right in the face of factual evidence there is no point putting time and effort into completing the argument. Eventually they will be proven wrong, hopefully by someone they are attracted to and in a crowded room.
    Anger is also a feeling.

I love everyone. Especially the criminals.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Don't all NFs? At least until the brutal murder-suicide?

While I agree that they are probably "misunderstood" I would prefer if they were misunderstood on the other side of the plexiglass.
    Anger is also a feeling.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Me being your Sensor version, i thy gods for me not being able to relate.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."