• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ Compatibility - Why the INFJ/ENTP dynamic is hands down the best.

W

WALMART

Had I already mentioned my sister is INFP? And that the actions she takes absolutely puzzle me?

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
In my experience I tend to get on well with ENTPs, mostly because I share their dark, ironic, slightly twisted sense of humour. When I'm being outgoing I definitely exhibit ENTP traits, like relishing getting reactions out of people and debating for the sake of it. I guess I'm a little more sensitive to genuine conflict and have stronger people-pleasing tendencies than an ENTP. But it's definitely my alter ego.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

marissa.lyn

Just wanted to say thanks so much for posting! im an infj and had a friend who im almost certain was an entp, but things unfortunately didnt work out. So i guess ive been curious as to some of the factors why ever since. There were religious differences that couldnt seem to be worked out (i am admittedly very intolerant), but i really feel like i could relate to so much of what you wrote. I especially appreciated the explanation of the difference of wanting to know how things work internally vs externally..anyway thanks a ton for posting, man!

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
It was when I met an INFJ I realized changing myself was the most ridiculous thing in the world.

When you live in a world of SJ being an ENTP there is this eternal sense that you'll always be an outsider. So, I'd learn to shut up, stop creating so making arguments, going off on tangents, explosive enthusiasm, wildly optimistic.. but an INFJ changed that when everything I thought was wrong at me at such a tender age was everything she loved about me. Since then, never looked back.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Actually this doesn't work for me. Had a few interactions with them but I just felt their energy is a bit too aggressive for my taste. There is no sparks between us.

DisneyFanGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm dating an ENTP and I can't imagine him with an INFJ. I know two male ENTPs and two female INFJs and I laugh when I think about them paired up. They'd be a horrible match. Both INFJs would grow weary of the ENTP's antics and the ENTPs would be frustrated because neither one really knows how to let loose and have a good time.

I'll say what I've always said. Any 2 types can have a great dynamic. But none has the best. It just depends on the people.

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
I'm dating an ENTP and I can't imagine him with an INFJ. I know two male ENTPs and two female INFJs and I laugh when I think about them paired up. They'd be a horrible match. Both INFJs would grow weary of the ENTP's antics and the ENTPs would be frustrated because neither one really knows how to let loose and have a good time.

I'll say what I've always said. Any 2 types can have a great dynamic. But none has the best. It just depends on the people.

I believe you're talking about immature ENTPs. It takes us awhile into our 20s to really shine. INFJs love me.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INFJs seem attracted to ENTPs and I find this strange. Apart from the usual attraction to Ne and seemingly similar Fe/Ti languages.

Perhaps INFJs like telling and inventing people's stories so much that an empty and malleable ENTP is like a canvass for them.
Maybe they get a kick out of trying to fill the inside of an ENTP with good proper filling.
Maybe they are trying to use ENTPs as a vehicle to deliver their personal visions to the outside world.
Maybe INFJs are afraid of how the world crushes their vision and find looking at it through Ne safer and more manageable.
Maybe to some extend some INFJs wish they would be more in touch with the world (Ne) and more orderly inside (Ti).

Permabanned
INFJs seem attracted to ENTPs and I find this strange. Apart from the usual attraction to Ne and seemingly similar Fe/Ti languages.

Perhaps INFJs like telling and inventing people's stories so much that an empty and malleable ENTP is like a canvass for them.
Maybe they get a kick out of trying to fill the inside of an ENTP with good proper filling.
Maybe they are trying to use ENTPs as a vehicle to deliver their personal visions to the outside world.
Maybe INFJs are afraid of how the world crushes their vision and find looking at it through Ne safer and more manageable.
Maybe to some extend some INFJs wish they would be more in touch with the world (Ne) and more orderly inside (Ti).

Maybe your post and intrigue stems out of emotional turmoil from a love triangle. :rly???:

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

OK :popc1:

Maybe ENTPs like to think of themselves as good individuals. A parent aux Fe enables them in this regard.
Maybe ENTPs would like to have complex inner selves and welcome the INFJs filling them with their dreams and expectations. Or perhaps see themselves through the INFJs' eyes that make them appear more complex.
Maybe ENTPs want a long term vision and INFJs provide it with their Ni.
Maybe ENTPs need to feel loved and approved of and the INFJs provide some of that. Socionics supports that ISFJs provide it better, maybe because they can also assist with the anima(us) Si and ESTPs can help INFJs with Se. If you prefer to believe any of these theories is your choice.

Maybe ENTPs like to think they have deep, lasting feelings and INFJs enable that self-perception. IMO there is a lot of communication issues as each sees their own parent in the other but possibly overestimate his/her decision making authority in the person themselves. Esp. at the usual first relationships age 20-30. An INFJ will analyze and Ti is evident but not as autonomous like ENTPs' Ti in its decision making authority. At the same time a stronger connection with Ti in ENTPs might mean that their feeling of self at that stage of their lives is more strongly attached to "Truth and clarity" than to Fe's "Harmony and others". Vice versa in many younger INFJs who would sacrifice concise speech for the sake of others' emotions. The great differences in what is meant and what is understood appear hidden in the apparent similarities.

Maybe ENTPs need to talk about themselves and INFJs are more willing to listen than most others. They are introverts with strong interest in other people.
Maybe ENTPs don't want to think about their past and maybe they see in INFJs a ready-made connection between the past and the future (Ni).

I don't want to argue. Don't bother. Just throwing in some perspectives.

Last edited:

Permabanned
OK.

Maybe ENTPs like to think of themselves as good individuals without bothering to search for deep answers. A parent aux Fe enables them in this regard. INFJs are enablers.
Maybe ENTPs would like to have complex inner selves and welcome the INFJs filling them with their dreams and expectations. Or rather see themselves through the INFJs' eyes that make them seem deeper and more complex.
Maybe ENTPs would prefer to have a long term vision and a plan rather than jump from one possible future to another and are using the INFJ's Ni.
Maybe ENTPs need to feel loved and approved of more than most types and the INFJs provide that.
Maybe ENTPs like to think they have deep, lasting feelings and INFJs enable that illusion.
Maybe ENTPs need to talk about themselves and INFJs are more willing to listen than others.
Maybe ENTPs don't want to think about their past because it scares them and INFJs give them the ready-made connection between the past and the future (Ni).

I don't want to argue. Don't bother. Just throwing in some perspectives.
Maybe if you replace ENTP with Male and INFJ with Female the same reasoning still applies, backwards even. /typology stereotypes

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maybe if you replace ENTP with Male and INFJ with Female the same reasoning still applies, backwards even. /typology stereotypes

I can't see your reasoning applying to INFP male and ESTJ female. ISFP males with ENTJ female.
I'd guess the possible codependency there will be different.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see alot more conflict and dynamic issues between P/J relationships then I do P/P relationships.

Permabanned
I can't see your reasoning applying to INFP male and ESTJ female. ISFP males with ENTJ female.
I'd guess the possible codependency there will be different.

That's because you're looking at people through your typology monocle, and it's rather narrow perspective.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's because you're looking at people through your typology monocle, and it's rather narrow perspective.

isnt this thread about typology? if not then we should replace INFJ/ENTP with the actual peoples names.