User Tag List

First 78910111959 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yes that's how it is with my ENTP.
    Lol. I know. I've been with him almost a year, I can remember all the length conversations we've had. They're weren't many. I don't even know how we know we love each other. We just look into each other's eyes and just... know.

MBTI
    INFJ

Samvega.

I'm a recently single 32-year-old INFJ and have never gone out with an ENTP. Which explains why I'm recently single.

I was beginning to give up. But it's Saturday night and after reading (all the way to the end) your wonderful insightful post, I'm going to hit the town, stand at the bar, drink some Guinness and not talk to any women but instead, look at them with eyes deep and searching, radiating powerful INFJ intuition to lure them Siren-like and unsuspecting onto the rocks of my personality.

At least that's the idea.

Your post makes profound sense to me and illuminates feelings about the kind of relationship I yearn for but have never had nor knew how to express. The two major relationships in my life have been with ENFs and, in short, were disastrous, though both of those relationships were unfortunately long.

You live and learn.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Humanhands View Post
    Samvega.

I'm a recently single 32-year-old INFJ and have never gone out with an ENTP. Which explains why I'm recently single.

I was beginning to give up. But it's Saturday night and after reading (all the way to the end) your wonderful insightful post, I'm going to hit the town, stand at the bar, drink some Guinness and not talk to any women but instead, look at them with eyes deep and searching, radiating powerful INFJ intuition to lure them Siren-like and unsuspecting onto the rocks of my personality.

At least that's the idea.

Your post makes profound sense to me and illuminates feelings about the kind of relationship I yearn for but have never had nor knew how to express. The two major relationships in my life have been with ENFs and, in short, were disastrous, though both of those relationships were unfortunately long.

You live and learn.

You're a male? I doubt you're going to find an ENTP at a bar and if you try you may end up going home with an ESTP by mistake, if you thought the ENFs didn't go well!

The ENTP is like 10% ESTP and 90% INTP, not mixed or blended in any way shape or form. So if you see us out I highly doubt you'll be able to pick an ENTP out of the crowd. I think that's what makes us hard to meet, it would have to be random, there is no pattern you could use to meet me. I'm a recluse and love my alone time but you would never know that if you saw me out, you would think I was an over the top ball of energy.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I do really appreciate INFJs.

I also work very well with INTJs, when they let me have enough freedom to make me happy.
    HEY! Who let you out of the gimp cage?!?

Get back in there before I get my paddle out.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm an INFJ and my boyfriend is an ENTP. We have really good conversations and have great chemistry. A couple of things that are, in my opinion, a bit troubling:
    1.) He is very critical of everything and I think it has made me a meaner (more critical) person as a result (i.e., "Yeah, I guess you're right. My friend is kind of flakely, isn't she? I never noticed before.").
    2.) He thinks he is the most awesome at everything and it sometimes feels as though he thinks he is superiour to me
    3.) Once again, he is a very critical person and this has ended many conversations with me in tears at something he said that unintentionally hurt my feelings (even though I am not even that sensitive compared to most)

Overall, however, we are a very good match and after meeting him, I can't imagine finding someone who suits me better. If you do hook your INFJ though, take it easy on her!

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I'm an INFJ and my boyfriend is an ENTP. We have really good conversations and have great chemistry. A couple of things that are, in my opinion, a bit troubling:
    1.) He is very critical of everything and I think it has made me a meaner (more critical) person as a result (i.e., "Yeah, I guess you're right. My friend is kind of flakely, isn't she? I never noticed before.").
    2.) He thinks he is the most awesome at everything and it sometimes feels as though he thinks he is superiour to me
    3.) Once again, he is a very critical person and this has ended many conversations with me in tears at something he said that unintentionally hurt my feelings (even though I am not even that sensitive compared to most)

Overall, however, we are a very good match and after meeting him, I can't imagine finding someone who suits me better. If you do hook your INFJ though, take it easy on her!
    Or him if the ENTP is female. Gender doesnt make a type nicer by default!

One thing I find, being an E4/E5, is that I always feel inferior in my interests to ENTPs. I pride myself in my vast collection of European music. Then their collection has at least 4 times more volume and my pride crumbles like bad bread. I think its the casual, Perceiver-y way that they treat things puts me off. Sure, I enjoy their charisma when in a group, but besides that I always feel like they're screwing me over somehow.

Needless to say, I dont look at type for some sort of relationship compatibility. I'll just live life and see if someone lovely enough comes along. Thinking about love just makes me lonlier and only makes getting a relationship harder; If I decide I love someone, that automatically cripples my chances of actually getting to them.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

It's funny how these dynamics take effect.

Coincidentally, I seem to find the best matches with INTJs and INFJs.

By the way, guys, why complain if there are other threads like this? Who cares if it is long, you don't have to read it, but you shouldn't be complaining as he is just describing a dynamic.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Sure, I enjoy their charisma when in a group, but besides that I always feel like they're screwing me over somehow.

Why?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Why?
    I dunno, tertiary Fe maybe? Its like they're always trying to sell me on their apparent 'awesomeness.'

Then I cant even shrink the ego down a notch because they have all that Ne that blocks any of my stuttering arguments.

By the way, guys, why complain if there are other threads like this? Who cares if it is long, you don't have to read it, but you shouldn't be complaining as he is just describing a dynamic.
    I complain because most of what I have to say about ENTPs is somewhat negetive, from experience, and a part of me thinks some part of the post might contribute to the thread.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I always feel too impersonal around INFJs. I try to make jokes and live out my normal character and I sometimes get the impression that they think I'm just nuts and don't care about them.

But I love them.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?