User Tag List

First 30707879808182 Last

these are the kind of sticky worthy threads needed to attract new audiences to the community. @highlander
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    these are the kind of sticky worthy threads needed to attract new audiences to the community. @highlander
    You're right. Last I checked, this is one of the highest rated ones on Google search.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

entps in love are like intps. And an infj has the human wisdom to anticipate that.
    And thats why the entp and infj dynamic ist by a great shot: best friends .

I'll love her forever.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Aw, Mole, my underground dwelling online acquaintance, the wind does not need to explain itself to those who witness its effects.
    I regard the wind with the height of suspicion. As you know there is absolutely no wind in my warm and cosy home underground. The moment I emerge I am fighting the wind. It tries to push me over, it ruffles my velvet fur coat, it will never stand still long enough to have a decent conversation. At the beach it whips the sand into my face, and on a picnic it blows the rug and spills the picnic all over the place. But sometimes the wind conspires with the cold to chill me to the bone, and I can hardly wait to find myself warm and cosy underground once again.

And the wind, jealous of my snug underground home, enters a malicious agreement with the cold and the wet to create life threatening conditions - the wind is trying to kill me.

Believe you me, the wind will soon find itself in the dock answering the most acute questions in cross examination. And it will do you no good to plead that you have no need to explain.

What do you take me for?

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    You're right. Last I checked, this is one of the highest rated ones on Google search.
    Wow.

Even when I have cognitively assessed that something is completely messed-up and beyond all hope of being even minimally sane (which is pretty much my assessment of this site), there's always a part of me in the background of my attention that's actively questioning that assessment and wondering if I'm being too harsh.

And even now I wonder if this is a momentary little joke, the site owner making this thread a sticky for the reasons noted above. Because if it's not a temporary little joke - wow. The new owner making a sticky and apparently interested in attracting new audiences to this site with a threads like this?

*waits to see if it's actually a temporary joke. If so, it's actually pretty damn funny*

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    entps in love are like intps. And an infj has the human wisdom to anticipate that.
    And thats why the entp and infj dynamic ist by a great shot: best friends .

I'll love her forever.
    wtf. make sense man.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    Wow.

Even when I have cognitively assessed that something is completely messed-up and beyond all hope of being even minimally sane (which is pretty much my assessment of this site), there's always a part of me in the background of my attention that's actively questioning that assessment and wondering if I'm being too harsh.

And even now I wonder if this is a momentary little joke, the site owner making this thread a sticky for the reasons noted above. Because if it's not a temporary little joke - wow. The new owner making a sticky and apparently interested in attracting new audiences to this site with a threads like this?

*waits to see if it's actually a temporary joke. If so, it's actually pretty damn funny*
    Te is about getting results. If it gets results what's wrong with it?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    sounds like you where looking for reasons that would convince you that to love someone unconditionally is reasonable.. it isn't reason dependent to began with, that's sort of the point. it is stupid in the sense of what you get in return, but that again is missing the point. what you should have being looking for wasn't reasons but causes - those aren't exactly a mystical force, it's just wiring of bias, the tribes where more of the parents didn't have the inclinations also didn't have as many surviving children and where less likely to have us as their descendants - we have used models to illustrate that for various aspects of altruistic behavior at large, this isn't an exception.

(also, the question of being worthy/unworthy of love always seemed to me to be the opposite end of entitlement-logic but still within the same spectrum... it doesn't' work that way negatively any more then it does positively)

(evolutionary psychology in a jungian thread? yes, we've went quite off topic)
    well frankly mbti doesn't really require jungian functions to exist anymore than General Relativity requires Newtonian physics to exist. At the end of the day it consists of a series of questions based on which people's overall behavioral traits are assessed. And like anything human it's fair to wonder about the origins of human traits as pertaining to reproductive advantages having allowed these traits to spread.

When it comes to love the advantages are quite self evident of course, same with for example gift giving dynamics which can even be witnessed in vampire bats. Today in humans this mammalian trait has mutated through cultural evolution into xmas' gift giving, bringing gifts when one travels etc. but still carries out its core function of creating bonds that act as an insurance policy and increase odds of thriving despite being perhaps less involved in odds of reproducing & survival if one lives in a modern (at peace) society

Now the issue is, to me, that alot of our traits were born in very different times when different rules applied and I find many people do not properly reflect upon & assess their behavioral patterns.
    As the ancient greeks would say(well probably an ancient greek NTP, forgot the name): the life unexamined is not worth living

MBTI is but one tool one can use to examine and assess and then cross check with other systems. etc.
    it's fun.

... In theory.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    Wow.

Is this the type of behavior towards others that you would like modeled towards yourself? You're careful to say that it's your cognitive assessment of this site, but you still manage to insult everyone on this forum by indirectly calling them messed-up and not even minimally sane, even though you admit you might be too harsh in your assessment. Can I deduce that this way of interacting with people is what you do consider sane? That this is the style of interaction that promotes discussion and adds to high-quality content? Must a discussion meet your personal criteria for it to be considered worthy of having?

And you insult @highlander for his choice to make the thread a sticky, without having enough respect for him to mention him and, essentially, 'say it to his face'. In his post, it looks to me that he's making the choice to sticky this thread based not on the content of the thread, but on the numbers of people interested enough in this thread to give it attention. That's a valid choice to make. Is there not any other way to express your displeasure with his decision besides shaming?

ETA: Even though there might be quite a lot of chaff to wade through in this thread, there's also some wheat to be found, and even some gems. Even the chaff has information hidden in it if you look hard enough and know what to look for. Of course, I guess it all depends on whose definitions of those things are used.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by MinervaSSS View Post
    @Samvega - You would be correct!!!!! I spent pretty much a looooong time figuring that out for myself.

Best pairing for INFJ is the ENTP. Period. ....Period.

I dated two ENTPs before landing my third and final ENTP who is now my b/f of 3+ years. Some ENTPs will be too immature or 'green' when you meet them, but this last one, he was ripe for the picking and we really see eye to eye, background, interest and culture-wise.

For the longest time, I thought that the ESTP was my opposite or compliment and this brought me nothing but trouble and heartache. ESTP is the INFJ 'shadow' and he was just...a lot like the character in American Psycho...I seemed to bring out the worst in him, and his dark side. Suffice to say, I was glad to discover the ENTP/INFJ chemistry worked really well, and is THE ultimate pairing for these two types.

I'll also share with you all the other ultimate pairings out there for the other types. I pieced this together after observing a lot a lot a lot of couples. It's pretty crazy when you find out that the couples that work long term are consistent with this model: (btw, I told this to another online INFJ who has some 'typology degree' and is a typology counsellor...really? And she was all like, that's wonderful, have you published this research? And I was like whaaa? Are you serious? You have a typology degree and you DON'T know this??? She basically looked down her long nose at me and shot it down like it wasn't real knowledge without being published somewhere first...sometimes you just *KNOW*.)

Without further ado:

INFJ/ENTP
    ISFJ/ESFP
    INFP/ENFP
    ISFP/ESFJ
    ISTP/ESTP
    ISTJ/ESTJ
    INTJ/ENTJ
    INTP/ENFJ

BEHOLD! The holy grail for romantic long term relationships for all the types. I'm totally real with this, no joke. I swear on...my cat.

I hope this helps anyone who is totally grappling with what is right for them. Cause that was me too. Trying to decipher all the facts to help me make the right choices.

Also, just because someone is your perfect MBTI type, doesn't mean they are perfect for YOU. There are a lot of people in this world, and a lot of those are the right MBTI types for you, but at the end of the day, it does come down to more than JUST the MBTI that the person is, case in point, my having to date two other ENTPs (not to mention an ENFP and an ESTP who were not good for me) to find that right 'fit' - it's the whole person. Conversely, some people marry their high school sweet hearts without having to shop around (i.e. my ISFJ sister and her ESFP hubby).
    All my closest and most meaningful friendships are with ENFPs so I believe it. ENFP men are extremely difficult to tackle in their twenties though.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.