User Tag List

First 567891757 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Actually. I'm likely to leave a group because I start feeling like an outsider or different from people. Until I start feeling this way, I am very social.
    In other words, you're bored with them. They're doing the same old same old, and you want something different. Boredom in a social situation is very alienating.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I know exactly what you're saying - but just want to make a quick point of clarification. Unlike I introverts, an ENTP doesn't have to back off because he or she is drained of energy from socializing - quite the opposite, in fact. Backing off occurs because the people are boring them, and he or she can find something else much more engaging to be around.

An ENTP at the club isn't going to want to leave to go home and read a book (the night is way too young). An ENTP at the club is going to want to either find someone to hook up with relatively quickly, find something fun and stupid to do (say, dance like a maniac), find some interesting people to have an in-depth conversation with, or leave. If leaving, and the option presents itself between 1) going home and doing something quiet, 2) go to another club with some more interesting friends, or 3) go to someone's house/Starbucks to have interesting conversations, options 2 and 3 win every time.
    I been to all kinda of introvert nightmare stuff all over this Country from Mardi Gras to Clubs in Chicago with 5am bar close. I could do it when I was younger. Now that my Ti has matched my Ne, I will leave a club for the same reason Synarch will, I feel so totally different, like these aren't my people and this isn't my world. I just want out!

If given the option to have an intellectual conversation with somebody or go home I'll take the conversation for sure. All the same, unlike an introvert I will kick it way up, take center stage and be a serious crowd pleaser but 2 hours of that and I need a fucking week inside my own head!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    In other words, you're bored with them. They're doing the same old same old, and you want something different. Boredom in a social situation is very alienating.
    What is boredom? It's a type of fear or anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    I been to all kinda of introvert nightmare stuff all over this Country from Mardi Gras to Clubs in Chicago with 5am bar close. I could do it when I was younger. Now that my Ti has matched my Ne, I will leave a club for the same reason Synarch will, I feel so totally different, like these aren't my people and this isn't my world. I just want out!

If given the option to have an intellectual conversation with somebody or go home I'll take the conversation for sure. All the same, unlike an introvert I will kick it way up, take center stage and be a serious crowd pleaser but 2 hours of that and I need a fucking week inside my own head!
    Yep.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    What is boredom? It's a type of fear or anger.
    I don't disagree. That being said, is agitation a type of fear or anger, or is it it's own emotion? Boredom is simply the agitation of being understimulated.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I know an ENTP-ENTP couple that goes off and on. And yes, it is disturbing.

Disturbing, how? I've dated ENFPs before, and it was always fun.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Disturbing, how? I've dated ENFPs before, and it was always fun.
    I was just joking to go along with what he said. It's not disturbing, there just isn't any grounding.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I was just joking to go along with what he said. It's not disturbing, there just isn't any grounding.

It is so disorienting! And then when I'm left alone with my thoughts, there's a period of confusion about what's just happened.

Although it's fun, I wonder how it would work long-term. I'd start feeling insane.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I have felt a major connection to other Ne doms but there is no sense of inner peace at all and I need that calming aspect of a relationship. So there is no long term potential and I would even explore that connection past a friendship as I know it's just me being lazy as other Ne types are so comfortable.

With an Ni/Ni relationship to that very obvious lack of peace the Ne/Ne couples feels I'm guessing you just fall very flat though it's not something you even notice as it's the default mode on both sides so there is no balance to call attention to it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I didn't read the whole thing, but really, gotta take off those tinted glasses.

Try to imagine the most wonderful INFJ you can.
    Now imagine the worse INFJ you can.

Can you marry the rotten INFJ? if yes, then I agree with you. If not, then I say relationships are much more than match making types.

It's really funny to me. MBTI explains how the brain is wired. Everyone is wired a little differently, however I see thread that try to be match maker. It's all well and good but the priority is reversed.

First, choose a mate by looking at their heart.
    Then use MBTI to help smooth out the rough spots.
    Likes Greybeard liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by durentu View Post
    I didn't read the whole thing, but really, gotta take off those tinted glasses.

Try to imagine the most wonderful INFJ you can.
    Now imagine the worse INFJ you can.

Can you marry the rotten INFJ? if yes, then I agree with you. If not, then I say relationships are much more than match making types.

It's really funny to me. MBTI explains how the brain is wired. Everyone is wired a little differently, however I see thread that try to be match maker. It's all well and good but the priority is reversed.

First, choose a mate by looking at their heart.
    Then use MBTI to help smooth out the rough spots.
    I love this thinking! The joys of being young! What I say to you, find yourself a nice ESFJ, they have amazing hearts and with that being your priority it should be easy. Use MBTI as a tool to smooth out the rough spots, it's going to be a tool you use OFTEN so you will become well versed, give me a shout in a few years after the divorce to ask where you went wrong.

I think it's safe to assume different people are different ways for different reasons and see the world through many different eyes. MBTI does a wonderful job of getting you close to balanced in a relationship the rest is up to the two individuals involved.

And your "rotten INFJ" argument is like the whole "size doesn't matter it's how you work it debate" that never thinks about having the size and knowing how to work it. Sure I would rather be with a healthy well rounded and self aware ISJF than a meth head abusive INFJ but I'm not saying all of any type is always any way so the topic is moot.