User Tag List

First 38464748495058 Last

Results 471 to 480 of 870

  1. #471
    can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    3,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    But isn't what a priori basically entails a "hunch"? An assumption you make without being able to prove why but use as an initial starting point/premise?

    What you say simplifies down to that you can let go of the hunch (conclusion based on intangible or subconscious/metaphysical data) but can't let go of conclusion based on concrete or conscious/physical data...

    Sent via Tapatalk
    It is not the same as a "hunch".

    From dictionary.com:

    a pri·o·ri [ey prahy-awr-ahy, -ohr-ahy, ey pree-awr-ee, -ohr-ee, ah pree-awr-ee, -ohr-ee] Show IPA
    adjective
    1.
    from a general law to a particular instance; valid independently of observation. Compare a posteriori ( def 1 ) .
    2.
    existing in the mind prior to and independent of experience, as a faculty or character trait. Compare a posteriori ( def 2 ) .
    3.
    not based on prior study or examination; nonanalytic: an a priori judgment.

    and for hunch:

    noun
    5.
    a premonition or suspicion; guess: I have a hunch he'll run for reelection.



    I suspect both Js and Ps are equally susceptible to hunches.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

    5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

  2. #472
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    So whats the conclusion ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #473
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    So whats the conclusion ?
    INFJs are satan.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  4. #474
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    INFJs are satan.
    That good or bad for me ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  5. #475
    I want my account deleted
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    So whats the conclusion ?
    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    INFJs are satan.
    ^ ^ exactly. And also sometimes it's like satan dressed up as a bunny, so you don't know until you see the POINTY TEETH (!) by which time it's way too late.

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    That good or bad for me ?
    You tell us.

  6. #476
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    So you feelers want an nt to tell you about his emotions ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  7. #477
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    That good or bad for me ?
    It depends on what you want, on whether or not what you want works for you in practice, how good you are at recognizing what you want when you see it, how good you are at acquiring what you want, and how good you are at maintaining it if you get it. Just like it is for all people of all types.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    So you feelers want an nt to tell you about his emotions ?
    Usually no. I like that my NT does not emote all over me all the time. I find it soothing. But I do not speak for all feelers.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  8. #478
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Usually no. I like that my NT does not emote all over me all the time. I find it soothing.
    Hmm.

    I couldnt live with that. You prolly only had american entps in mind, not german entps with temperament
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  9. #479
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Hmm.

    I couldnt live with that. You prolly only had american entps in mind, not german entps with temperament
    Mine is an INTP and an American. I wonder how much of a difference those two cultures have. Our daughter is in Germany for school so maybe she will have some opinions when she comes home this summer.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  10. #480
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Mine is an INTP and an American. I wonder how much of a difference those two cultures have. Our daughter is in Germany for school so maybe she will have some opinions when she comes home this summer.
    Then we'll prolly now. But we will never know what I feel about the infj/entp dynamic. Cause noone ever asked. And that would be the death of every relationship with an entp.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] INFJ's - What is your job?
    By ASublett in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-14-2013, 06:02 PM
  2. [INFJ] An INFJ not sympathizing...is it normal?
    By Black Hole Sun in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 10:45 PM
  3. [INFJ] INFJ and Love - Is not having it an issue that needs fixing?
    By kccrush in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 07:16 AM
  4. [INFJ] INFJ -Your heart is on your sleeve
    By harmonyizmine in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 11:46 PM
  5. [ENTP] Who is the best partner in crime for ENTP women?
    By BlahBlahNounBlah in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 09:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO