User Tag List

First 234561454 Last

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    INFP shouldn't be TOO hard for you to get if you aren't a total F-tard.

Make an effort to use more Ne than Ti while in the wooing process. INFP women are frequently attracted to good Ne, and tend to get a little annoyed with (what they perceive as) too much Ti use.
    Yeah, Ne is usually what attracts me. The Ti keeps me interested though.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Yes. INFP women will resent your constant insistence on impersonal analysis of everything. Learn to keep Ti's logic-sword to yourself and relate to them through your common auxiliary Ne.

You will need to make a concerted effort to respect and understand her feelings. Depending on how balanced she is, she may expect a much higher standard of emotional responsiveness than your ultra-Ti can handle.

Unfortunately, it's not likely that she'll bend to your T function to the exclusion of dominant Fi, so you're going to have to learn some. Just try to study her value system and use Ti/Ne to learn how to play that particular game. It's tough though, because they're good at figuring out your real feelings.

And NO, she will not budge on any of her feeling-based ethics, no matter how irrational you may think she's being. Don't even try it--if you give her reasons to dislike you, she'll have a tendency to let her mind run off and invent more of them. They can get REALLY passionate with these sorts of things, so proceed with caution.
    lol does it count that we take into consideration that our values may be irrational, despite adhering to them so strongly? Perhaps I'm a little more logical than most INFPs, but I generally welcome a logical analysis of my beliefs. It just has to be in a considerate manner.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Well, kind of...but for an NT's purposes, it really doesn't matter how much you acknowledge the irrationality of your feeling ethics if you're still going to stick dogmatically to them, now does it?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I've come to appreciate the cutting blade of Ti, although that has come with age. In my early 20s, it would have been a great way to force me to build walls around you.

At this point, I think the biggest problem with ENTP/INFP is the Dom Fi / Tert Fe divide. Whereas INFJ/ENTP allows both types to grow in ways that are challenging yet still natural to them, INFP/ENTP forces both types to face and question their very cores.

MBTI
    xxxx

Even the INFPs seem to prefer an extrovert...

Back to seducing xNTJs it is.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Well, it appears the INFJs would prefer an extrovert.
    Some do. But there are just as many that prefer introverts and tend to end up with other INxxs. I notice extraverts more just because they are more noticeable in general. But there are pros and cons with both.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Even the INFPs seem to prefer an extrovert...
    I wouldn't say that. Sure, INFPs can be drawn to extroverts because they are flashy in ways we are not; however, there are plenty that would prefer an introvert. Both types of connections have beauty and idiosyncrasies.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I wouldn't say that. Sure, INFPs can be drawn to extroverts because they are flashy in ways we are not; however, there are plenty that would prefer an introvert. Both types of connections have beauty and idiosyncrasies.
    Extroverts would make INFPs cry!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

My relationship with my INTP is very similar to entropie's with his INFJ.

However, I cannot imagine dating an ENTP, perhaps because I just simply do not enjoy extroversion.

I hope the OP finds a fitting dating partner or mate, whatever s/he is looking for.

IMHO, I must say, that the OP was very witty with his speech, in appealing to the INFJ "aw, you appreciate me for being special? aw, you are actually speaking to my logical side that most people write off? aw, you cracked a few geek jokes." However, as a few other posters pointed out, I don't think I personally could date someone who is that expressive about his or her need to feel belonging/esteem and "is this okay with you? are you sure this is okay? do you want me to do something different?" manner of analysis.

I prefer my INTP and his spartan use of words, etc. I absolutely adore his storybook kinda geekiness ala Dr. Manhattan, Howard Roarke, any mad scientist/engineer.

PS, I have this theory that most INFJs can speed read, so it is actually no big thing for someone like me to finish your novel in one scan.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    ... discussion of relationship wit his INFJ.

Samvega, I finally read your entire post. Truthfully you said so much I'm not sure what you're looking for a response to. FWIW, I think INFJs know precisely where you're coming from, particularly if they have any experience with ENTPs. I think your thought-dump was endearing to many of the right (read: interested) people (in any capacity), which is why I'm guessing you could give a monkey's ass what the naysayers are snark-sniping with.

Regrettably, your enthusiastic display is tainted by the excessive ENTP 'INFJ-chasing' that's been so high profile of late. I'm saddened when I see someone's 'thought-forwardness' get trampled by overlapping with a greater, competing phenomenon, but there you have it.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke