User Tag List

First 1725262728293777 Last

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    the quadra matches have a different kind of comfort. ideal has to do with valuing specific ideas of things over others. there is great diversity over ideas and the value attributed to such ideas within an imagined infj community.

Ne and Ni are disorienting in that they are a different kind of bandwidth for communication that is difficult to ground with a sense of absolute finality. but it definitely blows my hair back. and in terms of inspiring a partnership, i find it fucking awesome.
    Ne I agree, while I find Ni comparatively predictable, a bit negligent and lacking a strong inspirational foundation.

However the main thing (aside from the topic) is that I don't think one's Jungian type actually holds to their MBTI type. I think one can relate to a totally different MBTI portrait than what their primary Jungian type is, so I don't know how much this "Ne goes well with Ni" thinking is influenced by MBTI typings here (because there being a lot of Ne naturally involved in typology, I wouldn't be surprised if an NJ is simultaneously Ne.) From my experience the relationships of pure Jungian Ne and Ni aren't that great, the opposite thought processes simply don't click and get muted out, especially in very multifaceted deeper ways (I can go into much further detail, but that's been Jung's whole object/subject premise), while using MBTI on the other hand, I can see why Ne and Ni stereotypes are favored, embraced, and used interchangeably, by all parties.
    Last edited by 527468; 01-30-2013 at 12:23 AM.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Same typing error as in the INFP ideal match thread. Ne and Ni do not complement one another; they disorient one another.

INFJ's ideal match is with their own Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se types. (the other functions are shadows for a good reason if you're familiar with what Jung continuously said.)
    I find dual introvert parings to be very comfort driven and, often the result of dating somebody that started out as a friend, this isn't exactly a bad thing but not for everybody. I would say INFPs tend to most commonly gravitate to these pairings in an effort to not disrupt their internal peace (which also makes Enneagram 9s the most common to date their own type). The down side to this type of relationship is that they take foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to actually play out, things that would become very quickly apparent as bottom lines, road blocks and red flags in a balanced relationship take years to manifest as there is no catalyst. This is also why you don't see E/E pairings (or two Enneagram 7s or 8s), it's very obvious that there is an imbalance right from the start.

It has been my intention to revamp this entire post though I haven't with the intention of doing an update at some point. In theory, I feel this pairing is pretty damn amazing and incredibly growth driven but far from easy. The existential crises that seem to plaque both the ENTP and INFJ also seem potentially fatal. With both being healthy, grounded, well balanced and sufficiently mature, I think it's ideal though those qualities applied to any MBTI type should make for a wonderful relationship, I just feel this dynamic has the potential to offer a little something extra that breathes new life into each.

With that having been said, I don't know many older 35+ people of either type that are actually in a healthy, life affirming relationship.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    I find dual introvert parings to be very comfort driven and, often the result of dating somebody that started out as a friend, this isn't exactly a bad thing but not for everybody. I would say INFPs tend to most commonly gravitate to these pairings in an effort to not disrupt their internal peace (which also makes Enneagram 9s the most common to date their own type). The down side to this type of relationship is that they take foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to actually play out, things that would become very quickly apparent as bottom lines, road blocks and red flags in a balanced relationship take years to manifest as there is no catalyst.
    This is something that terrifies me to be honest.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Society

In theory, I feel this pairing is pretty damn amazing and incredibly growth driven but far from easy. The existential crises that seem to plaque both the ENTP and INFJ also seem potentially fatal.
    one ENTP to another: have you ever actually had a good relationship with an INFJ that didn't go horribly wrong?

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Thank you!

Samvega, thank you for writing this! I read it, and several times. It was very helpful and encouraging to me, as I have an ENTP in my life that seems to fit so perfectly, but we keep getting tripped up. I think your analysis explains why, while also giving hope that we really are as perfect a match as we seem.

I pray and hope that you find your INFJ! (If you haven't already!). Cheers, and thanks again!

Wow, that was long, I wonder if a single person will read that. Oh well, it was too much effort to write not to share on here.

Society

so has anyone noticed the phenomena of INFJs whose entire post count is their posts here, seemingly joining the forum for no other reason then thanking this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by peacenluv78 View Post
    i'm an infj. i think what you've said is absolutely brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Pearl View Post
    LOL OMFG!!! Ok, to start, let me say iv been reading on and off about my personality type INFJ and i stumbled upon my match like a week ago. My match being an ENTP. Anyway, reading what you posted Samvega, it's given me an insight of an ENTP and I love it!! And as for you thinking it was to long, I thought it was well put together and it tought me plenty of the INFJ and ENTP match, which is a perfect match!! Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by octoberday View Post
    First I think what you wrote was pretty spot on as fare as what I have encountered. Second thank for posting this. It totally made me feel better. I have a few questions...

I recently met a ENTP and we hit it off... then he became reclusive... he got bombarded with an ex that is unhealthy and wants him back. I feel like we connected and that he does like me but is scared of getting hurt. His ex girlfriends have cheated on him. I could see the hurt in his eyes and tried to tell him through my eyes that I am not going to hurt him. I am unsure what to do... Do I back off and let him come to me? Or do I lightly nudge him? I feel like he is going through a lot with the ex complicating things... I feel like he did connect with me then the ex threw him for a loop and now he is confused? Oh ya we are five years apart... I am the oldest, 30 he is 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealLevin View Post
    I'd love to meet a fantastic ENTP woman, especially after she realizes that I like her for all of the reasons that most give her static.
    Quote Originally Posted by marissa.lyn View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks so much for posting! im an infj and had a friend who im almost certain was an entp, but things unfortunately didnt work out. So i guess ive been curious as to some of the factors why ever since. There were religious differences that couldnt seem to be worked out (i am admittedly very intolerant), but i really feel like i could relate to so much of what you wrote. I especially appreciated the explanation of the difference of wanting to know how things work internally vs externally..anyway thanks a ton for posting, man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Compelling... and insightful -- Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah View Post
    Samvega, thank you for writing this! I read it, and several times. It was very helpful and encouraging to me, as I have an ENTP in my life that seems to fit so perfectly, but we keep getting tripped up. I think your analysis explains why, while also giving hope that we really are as perfect a match as we seem.

I pray and hope that you find your INFJ! (If you haven't already!). Cheers, and thanks again!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

the infj's...

THEY'RE MEIN!

Enneagram
    9w8

At first I misread that as INFJs...they're MEAN....and I thought, yeah, we are! hehe.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Society

^