when it was 2009
    it was a very good year
    a very good year
    for Ni dom girls
    who gamed multi-players...
    all that anxious air
    that untied so fine
    when it was 2009..

but no - didn't even know of MBTI at the time, and haven't being anything close to a type-fetisher until half way of finding out i was already married to one, and obviously.. went quite the other way since :-p

deleted

Same typing error as in the INFP ideal match thread. Ne and Ni do not complement one another; they disorient one another.

INFJ's ideal match is with their own Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se types. (the other functions are shadows for a good reason if you're familiar with what Jung continuously said.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Eh, I dunno. I got my ENTP boss 12 years ago because he used to come and chat with my then-boss, so I had the opportunity to observe him for some time before I made him aware of myself. He intrigued me. When I talked to him, he interested me. When I proposed that I be his assistant, he immediatelly accepted. Then i had to have a knock-down-drag-out fight with the boss I had, so I could work for the ENTP. Fortunately, the ENTP was senior to the boss I had, so he was able to prevail for us in that situation. 12 years in a job is a long, long time. I'm bored, so bored I could die. I went in and talked it out with my ENTP boss. He knew exactly what to say to rekindle me. What Vasilisa said way upthread is right -- he's a vagabond and I'm his home. ENTP needs that, or at least the one I know does. He needs a wife at home, too. He really suffered when he was between marriages. So I guess I get to see an ENTP from a perspective that some don't see -- as an assistant, not a romantic partner -- as a sort of friend, but with a built-in distance -- very good for observing. They only appear to be flighty. They're actually intensely faithful in their hearts. I can understand that in a romantic experience, INFJ might feel neglected while ENTP runs merrily off to be entertained, charm and be charmed, but they do seem to need their safe place, and if you are willing to provide it, you can rest there comfortably for about as long as you like. If you want something, ask for it. I haven't been turned away once.

Mine is good with arguments, too. We can yell at each other and still make sense, and there are genuinely no hard feelings after. We can and do say pretty much just what we think, and it's fine. I feel that overall the give-and-take is good. I have many flaws -- he sees them all and accepts them as coming with the territory, and vice-versa. Which is refreshing. I think that is a good word for the effect on me -- he's refreshing.

I don't know that I would marry one, but I've been happy in a work relationship with one for longer than I've been happy ever with anyone. FWIW. I fantasize that I would like an INTJ in my personal life, but who knows. ENTP is very engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Eh, I dunno. I got my ENTP boss 12 years ago because he used to come and chat with my then-boss, so I had the opportunity to observe him for some time before I made him aware of myself. He intrigued me. When I talked to him, he interested me. When I proposed that I be his assistant, he immediatelly accepted. Then i had to have a knock-down-drag-out fight with the boss I had, so I could work for the ENTP. Fortunately, the ENTP was senior to the boss I had, so he was able to prevail for us in that situation. 12 years in a job is a long, long time. I'm bored, so bored I could die. I went in and talked it out with my ENTP boss. He knew exactly what to say to rekindle me. What Vasilisa said way upthread is right -- he's a vagabond and I'm his home. ENTP needs that, or at least the one I know does. He needs a wife at home, too. He really suffered when he was between marriages. So I guess I get to see an ENTP from a perspective that some don't see -- as an assistant, not a romantic partner -- as a sort of friend, but with a built-in distance -- very good for observing. They only appear to be flighty. They're actually intensely faithful in their hearts. I can understand that in a romantic experience, INFJ might feel neglected while ENTP runs merrily off to be entertained, charm and be charmed, but they do seem to need their safe place, and if you are willing to provide it, you can rest there comfortably for about as long as you like. If you want something, ask for it. I haven't been turned away once.

Mine is good with arguments, too. We can yell at each other and still make sense, and there are genuinely no hard feelings after. We can and do say pretty much just what we think, and it's fine. I feel that overall the give-and-take is good. I have many flaws -- he sees them all and accepts them as coming with the territory, and vice-versa. Which is refreshing. I think that is a good word for the effect on me -- he's refreshing.

I don't know that I would marry one, but I've been happy in a work relationship with one for longer than I've been happy ever with anyone. FWIW. I fantasize that I would like an INTJ in my personal life, but who knows. ENTP is very engaging.

Hm, interesting narrative. However, eh, it does strike me that it does seems like a very attractive place to be, like you said, contemplating. The perspective is bound to change when you're down in the mud. I think people's intrinsically selfish demands/expectations towards one another can vary greatly depending upon context, i.e. work vs interpersonal vs personal.

Last edited by phobik; 01-27-2013 at 08:20 PM.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Yes. As I said, I'm not sure how it would work in a more personal relationship. There could be murder involved.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

If I had to be with an extrovert, ENTP would be my first choice, I think. But you'd have to pry my INTP out of my cold, dead arms.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Yes. As I said, I'm not sure how it would work in a more personal relationship. There could be murder involved.
    Murrdurr.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I'm not sure this dynamic exists. I get along with some ENTP's and not with others, although id wager that whether or not I get along with them has nothing to do with their type in this theory.

Of course the idea that a type necessarily inclines towards certain pairings is odd to me.
    it's odd to me as well, but there is something to it:
    • with one infamous INFJ in my life, without even knowing the MBTI, she has grown up frantically loving many fictional characters that fit the ENTP stereotype quite perfectly, such as Jarlaxle Baenre (forgotten realms), Tyler Durden (fight club), Hans Landa (inglorious bastards), etc'.
    • on my end, again without knowing the MBTI, i have grown up loving & adoring INFJ song writers & authors, like Gene Wolfe, Harman Hesse, Leonard Cohen, Paul Simon, George Harrison, etc'.

given that, the seed of truth behind the myth has more to do with a higher frequency and intensity of initial chemistry and connection then it has to do with the promise for long term sustainability.

that's being said...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Mane, did you write that?

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Same typing error as in the INFP ideal match thread. Ne and Ni do not complement one another; they disorient one another.

INFJ's ideal match is with their own Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se types. (the other functions are shadows for a good reason if you're familiar with what Jung continuously said.)
    the quadra matches have a different kind of comfort. ideal has to do with valuing specific ideas of things over others. there is great diversity over ideas and the value attributed to such ideas within an imagined infj community.

Ne and Ni are disorienting in that they are a different kind of bandwidth for communication that is difficult to ground with a sense of absolute finality. but it definitely blows my hair back. and in terms of inspiring a partnership, i find it fucking awesome.