• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ Compatibility - Why the INFJ/ENTP dynamic is hands down the best.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do really appreciate INFJs.

I also work very well with INTJs, when they let me have enough freedom to make me happy.

I have a very productive creative partnership with an INFJ and I feel we balance each other's songwriting weaknesses really well.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
Can someone start an interesting thread, because I swear there have been 25 ones just like this started by ENTP guys. Advocating a 5-10 year age difference really took the cake.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why we <3 INFJs. :wubbie:

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Well, it appears the INFJs would prefer an extrovert.

Time to change course and start hunting INFPs.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFP shouldn't be TOO hard for you to get if you aren't a total F-tard.

Make an effort to use more Ne than Ti while in the wooing process. INFP women are frequently attracted to good Ne, and tend to get a little annoyed with (what they perceive as) too much Ti use.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx

Make an effort to use more Ne than Ti while in the wooing process. INFP women are frequently attracted to good Ne, and tend to get a little annoyed with (what they perceive as) too much Ti use.
Would a Ti score that is greater than an Fi and Fe score combined be considered "too much?"

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes. INFP women will resent your constant insistence on impersonal analysis of everything. Learn to keep Ti's logic-sword to yourself and relate to them through your common auxiliary Ne.

You will need to make a concerted effort to respect and understand her feelings. Depending on how balanced she is, she may expect a much higher standard of emotional responsiveness than your ultra-Ti can handle.

Unfortunately, it's not likely that she'll bend to your T function to the exclusion of dominant Fi, so you're going to have to learn some. Just try to study her value system and use Ti/Ne to learn how to play that particular game. It's tough though, because they're good at figuring out your real feelings.

And NO, she will not budge on any of her feeling-based ethics, no matter how irrational you may think she's being. Don't even try it--if you give her reasons to dislike you, she'll have a tendency to let her mind run off and invent more of them. They can get REALLY passionate with these sorts of things, so proceed with caution.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4

Yeah, Ne is usually what attracts me. The Ti keeps me interested though.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Yes. INFP women will resent your constant insistence on impersonal analysis of everything. Learn to keep Ti's logic-sword to yourself and relate to them through your common auxiliary Ne.

You will need to make a concerted effort to respect and understand her feelings. Depending on how balanced she is, she may expect a much higher standard of emotional responsiveness than your ultra-Ti can handle.

Unfortunately, it's not likely that she'll bend to your T function to the exclusion of dominant Fi, so you're going to have to learn some. Just try to study her value system and use Ti/Ne to learn how to play that particular game. It's tough though, because they're good at figuring out your real feelings.

And NO, she will not budge on any of her feeling-based ethics, no matter how irrational you may think she's being. Don't even try it--if you give her reasons to dislike you, she'll have a tendency to let her mind run off and invent more of them. They can get REALLY passionate with these sorts of things, so proceed with caution.

lol does it count that we take into consideration that our values may be irrational, despite adhering to them so strongly? Perhaps I'm a little more logical than most INFPs, but I generally welcome a logical analysis of my beliefs. It just has to be in a considerate manner.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Well, kind of...but for an NT's purposes, it really doesn't matter how much you acknowledge the irrationality of your feeling ethics if you're still going to stick dogmatically to them, now does it?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've come to appreciate the cutting blade of Ti, although that has come with age. In my early 20s, it would have been a great way to force me to build walls around you.

At this point, I think the biggest problem with ENTP/INFP is the Dom Fi / Tert Fe divide. Whereas INFJ/ENTP allows both types to grow in ways that are challenging yet still natural to them, INFP/ENTP forces both types to face and question their very cores.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Even the INFPs seem to prefer an extrovert...

Back to seducing xNTJs it is.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, it appears the INFJs would prefer an extrovert.

Some do. But there are just as many that prefer introverts and tend to end up with other INxxs. I notice extraverts more just because they are more noticeable in general. But there are pros and cons with both.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Even the INFPs seem to prefer an extrovert...

I wouldn't say that. Sure, INFPs can be drawn to extroverts because they are flashy in ways we are not; however, there are plenty that would prefer an introvert. Both types of connections have beauty and idiosyncrasies.

Qre:us

I wouldn't say that. Sure, INFPs can be drawn to extroverts because they are flashy in ways we are not; however, there are plenty that would prefer an introvert. Both types of connections have beauty and idiosyncrasies.

Extroverts would make INFPs cry!

mszoe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
My relationship with my INTP is very similar to entropie's with his INFJ.

However, I cannot imagine dating an ENTP, perhaps because I just simply do not enjoy extroversion.

I hope the OP finds a fitting dating partner or mate, whatever s/he is looking for.

IMHO, I must say, that the OP was very witty with his speech, in appealing to the INFJ "aw, you appreciate me for being special? aw, you are actually speaking to my logical side that most people write off? aw, you cracked a few geek jokes." However, as a few other posters pointed out, I don't think I personally could date someone who is that expressive about his or her need to feel belonging/esteem and "is this okay with you? are you sure this is okay? do you want me to do something different?" manner of analysis.

I prefer my INTP and his spartan use of words, etc. I absolutely adore his storybook kinda geekiness ala Dr. Manhattan, Howard Roarke, any mad scientist/engineer.

PS, I have this theory that most INFJs can speed read, so it is actually no big thing for someone like me to finish your novel in one scan.

... discussion of relationship wit his INFJ.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Samvega, I finally read your entire post. Truthfully you said so much I'm not sure what you're looking for a response to. FWIW, I think INFJs know precisely where you're coming from, particularly if they have any experience with ENTPs. I think your thought-dump was endearing to many of the right (read: interested) people (in any capacity), which is why I'm guessing you could give a monkey's ass what the naysayers are snark-sniping with.

Regrettably, your enthusiastic display is tainted by the excessive ENTP 'INFJ-chasing' that's been so high profile of late. I'm saddened when I see someone's 'thought-forwardness' get trampled by overlapping with a greater, competing phenomenon, but there you have it.