User Tag List

First 614151617182666 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    Oh sure, totally agree, anybody can get along, all that can happen will, including the day an ESTP takes care of an INFJs emotional needs in a way that the INFJ feels totally safe and understood. Or the day an INFP and INFJ can offer each other total balance. Some things however need to be taken for granted for the world to spin, I know if I knock a glass off a table gravity will cause it to fall and so on. I also know if you take the definition of an INFJ and ENTP they would be better suited for each other than either with any other type. Sprinkle in an ENTP with their guard up and an INFJ that's bitter from taking care of everybody else for so long they've failed to care for their own emotional health and sure things change, ideal partners change, all changes. My post however wasn't meant to rule out any and all other things, simple to point out many of the inaccuracies I see people saying about how an ENTP is sooo extroverted and so on.
    I don't know what to say about this, I know a fair number of INFJs and they're littered with flaws! No more and no less than any other type but all the same they're full of flaws. For me, they're the easiest flaws to handle and deal with but that holds true for the other dominant intuitives as well. The further you go from that the harder time I have dealing with the flaws. I sadly feel the need to offer a disclaimer here though I'm going to hope you're catching on that I'm speaking of rules not exceptions as nothing could be taken as a give in otherwise.
    Makes sense to me. (Although I'd feel the need to clarify 'flaws' in this sense are not 'flaws' in the objective sense, but rather my own subjective viewpoint...and therefore I don't really view them as flaws, rather as traits I just don't think line up ideally with mine, in a mutually beneficial way, or traits I simply get way too annoyed with. And of course that's my OWN definition of what I think's best. So, yeah, things would go together more effortlessly, and there'd be more common ground to start with, with an ENTP or INTJ, than with an ISTJ or INFP. Fewer bridges to cross with the former. Really, we're saying the same thing, just different words. )
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Makes sense to me. (Although I'd feel the need to clarify 'flaws' in this sense are not 'flaws' in the objective sense, but rather my own subjective viewpoint...and therefore I don't really view them as flaws, rather as traits I just don't think line up ideally with mine, in a mutually beneficial way, or traits I simply get way too annoyed with. And of course that's my OWN definition of what I think's best. So, yeah, things would go together more effortlessly, and there'd be more common ground to start with, with an ENTP or INTJ, than with an ISTJ or INFP. Fewer bridges to cross with the former. Really, we're saying the same thing, just different words. )
    And to reiterate again because people seem to be missing much of what I already said.

For me it comes down to energy expenditure, balance and flaws. I don't want the opposite I want contrast and I don't want the same I want balance. I want somebody that can keep me in check in a way that I won't resent.

I've found with types that are not dominant intuitives I spend a lot of energy trying to get them to understand, with other ENTPs I spend zero energy on this but find zero balance.

As for flaws, I agree with this Cascadeco chick, if somebody points out a flaw of mine I run it through the "known flaws database", if it's not recognized I enter it, assess it and address it accordingly. If it's a know flaw that I know is attached to many positives I assess whether or not I can lessen it further without it taking a toll negatively. If I think they're crazy I ask a friend or two to figure out if it's in a blind spot or I'm in denial.

At no point in there do I take it personal, if I were to do that I would never be able to learn from anything negative about me.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

For me it comes down to energy expenditure, balance and flaws. I don't want the opposite I want contrast and I don't want the same I want balance. I want somebody that can keep me in check in a way that I won't resent.
    I view it in very much the same way.

I've found with types that are not dominant intuitives I spend a lot of energy trying to get them to understand, with other ENTPs I spend zero energy on this but find zero balance.
    Totally relate, I've mentioned it before on the forums...my friendships with INFJ's are effortless, and really deep, and we 'get' each other without any need for elaborate explanation (usually instead we're finishing each others' sentences/thoughts ), because we all think about the same stuff anyway and approach things pretty much the same ...but yeah, a romance with an INFJ is just not something I want because it wouldn't provide the balance I desire.

I feel the same sort of dynamic without a pressing need for energy expenditure or huge amounts of confusion/questioning/simply-not-relating-easily with ENxP's, xNTJ's, ENFJ's, and to a lesser extent with INTP's. But I definitely have the most chemistry with dom-Ne's, and they tend to be the ones who have the traits/balance that I'm wanting in a relationship.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Life is a mortally ill condition, for some shorter than others. I'm not entirely sure why it is you're sharing that with me here however if you would like to (or have) started a post about this on typec I would be happy to respond in a thread where it can be given the attention and compassion it deserves.
    I post here frequently because I'm ill. Got it?

Below the belt? Hey CaptianChick, you have a pathetically high post count because 70% of your responses are 15 words or less. Was that below the belt, taking a playful poke at CaptianChick?
    Playful? Wow. If what you leveled at me was "playful", I'd never want to see you going for the throat.

I found some humor is being told I wouldn't like what somebody had to say followed with them not saying it. I laughed, I said wow, there's a high post count, now I know why.
    This statement makes no sense at all.

What have you interpreted incorrectly and more so why?
    Walks like a duck. Quacks like a duck. Climb out of the pond and finish the sentence.

You're evasions don't work on me. You're not deep just because you're trying to confuse people. Further more, I call BS on that Buddhist av. Being at one with the Tao does not excite petty outbursts that you attempt to cover up with "Whoa, whoa, wait a minute! I was just KIDDING... come on!"... I heard that in 7th grade. It doesn't work on adults.

Well, this endorsement is enough for me. Though I must say I'm still in dismay over the reason we're having to clarify that a pathetically high post count (said in jest due to the brevity of the post) and being a pathetic human being aren't the same thing. I take pathetically long showers, there has never been a moment in my life I thought that made me pathetic.
    Again. Nice try to qualify an untoward statement.

...I'm going to hope you're catching on that I'm speaking of rules not exceptions as nothing could be taken as a give in otherwise.

I think the last 25 posts highlight something pretty well. Most of you just don't get how an ENTP works and end up taking/reading them incorrectly. The most common question I'm asked is "are you serious", the most common statement is "I can't tell when you're joking", my only reply is "I'm always joking". If you don't ask for clarification you really can't blame the other person for not understanding what was said. At any point prior to responding to your interpretation of my statement you could have asked what it was I was saying.

I wouldn't much like me either if I applied your interpretations to my actions
    though if you'd read the OP I believe already mentioned the issues doing this can cause, funny how it happened in a thread a started to help avoid that very issue.

eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I post here frequently because I'm ill. Got it?
    I didn't ask for an explanation of your post count so why do you keep telling me this?

I gave you the context of my statement, if your desire to be right is so strong you would rather think I'm backpedaling than apply the context it was written and see where you may have misinterpreted it there is little else I can say. I'm not going to spend my energy defending a statement you're only able to read one way. I would ask for clarification prior to making an assumption. I may have struck a nerve, you may have responded emotionally, I don't know and in the end it was your responsibility to ask me what I meant not mine to be sure I phrased it in a way that ruled out every other possible interpretation.

If you feel the desire to discuss this further I will out of respect for your feelings and because I wouldn't want anything I said to be taken incorrectly, also, because in my heart I wouldn't want you thinking I thought you were pathetic or I was judging you for how you enjoyed spending your time. Clearly more than one person read my statement wrong so I don't mind clarifying but I've done that and if you're still not satisfied we can talk more about this via PM.

PS Not cool poking at peoples religious views.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENTp

Is it just me or does anyone else notice the irony that ENTP and INFJ no get along?
    "Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible." - Mac Anderson

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

For the sake of someone I care about very much on this board, I will cease this exchange. It's my decision.

I'm out.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EricHanson View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else notice the irony that ENTP and INFJ no get along?
    Domino is ENFJ. IME, insensitive ENTP's and sensitive ENFJ's can clash sometimes. They seem to have trouble seeing the problem the other person sees as something rather glaring.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFJ

Hee hee...I read the whole thing and wanted to keep on reading, so, yep, I am INFJ! I have to say very interesting ideas here. I have never read/heard that the INFJ is the least orderly of the J's and am very curious about this. Any ideas why?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ms-mngrl View Post
    Hee hee...I read the whole thing and wanted to keep on reading, so, yep, I am INFJ! I have to say very interesting ideas here. I have never read/heard that the INFJ is the least orderly of the J's and am very curious about this. Any ideas why?
    The organizational function (Fe in this case) is secondary, which is true of all IxxJ types.

And Ni is less conducive to structured organization than Si.

And Fe is less conducive to structured organization than Te.

So of the four IxxJ types:
    ISTJ (Si+Te)
    ISFJ (Si+Fe)
    INTJ (Ni+Te)
    INFJ (Ni+Fe),

INFJs have the two functions that do the least overt organizing, with the organizational one in second priority.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?