User Tag List

12311 Last

Default How to seduce as an INFJ?

Yes I nicked the idea from the INTP thread...

So any ideas? What would other types find so attractive about us that they just couldn't resist? (I would also really like to hear what sensors think about us since I am not sure they are as enarmoured with our "head in the clouds" disposition as an N might be. I personally have a certain ESFP friend of mine in mind here )

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Yes I nicked the idea from the INTP thread...
    good call

Sniffles

What would other types find so attractive about us that they just couldn't resist?
    I have no freaking clue. I guess it's our Fe. So yeah, strike hard when they're down(you know in emotional distress and whatnot), and after that it's only a matter of time.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think INFJs are above that kind of behavior.

We want to be liked for who we are, not for something we can do or show. Seduction only appeals to the latter and puts a mask over the the former... not in keeping with my ideals at all.

Sniffles

You can still seduce while geninunely caring for the person.

MBTI
    STFU

What would other types find so attractive about us that they just couldn't resist?
    i'm honestly pretty oblivious to what people might see in me alot of the time, but i appreciate the attention when i notice it

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You can still seduce while geninunely caring for the person.
    Of course you would care about them. That isn't the point.

The point is that if you seduce someone successfully, they enjoyed the seduction. They didn't appreciate the person doing the seducing, they enjoyed an illusion/facade that will, sooner or later, fade.

I suppose this might be related to my definition of seduction... it would be to consciously act in a particular way to get someone to like you. Being yourself and having someone happen to like that wouldn't be seduction in my book, because I define it as a conscious act that involves emphasizing the aspects of yourself another person would find appealing.

Come to think of it... I think INFJs naturally do something similar to seduction in an unconscious way, and that trying to control the process consciously will only make them perform more poorly than normal.

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think INFJs naturally do something similar to seduction in an unconscious way, and that trying to control the process consciously will only make them perform more poorly than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

I suppose this might be related to my definition of seduction... it would be to consciously act in a particular way to get someone to like you. Being yourself and having someone happen to like that wouldn't be seduction in my book, because I define it as a conscious act that involves emphasizing the aspects of yourself another person would find appealing.
    I think everyone who is interested in someone does something akin to seduction, even if it's an innocent kind of seduction. Of course you want to present your better sides and spark the person's interest, I think it would be for example stupid to tell the person you fancy how you were so drunk last night that you fell into a ditch (unless the person happens to find that charming, for me that would be a major turn-off)

Phantonym

I think everyone who is interested in someone does something akin to seduction, even if it's an innocent kind of seduction. Of course you want to present your better sides and spark the person's interest, I think it would be for example stupid to tell the person you fancy how you were so drunk last night that you fell into a ditch (unless the person happens to find that charming, for me that would be a major turn-off)
    I agree with you on that there is always some form of seduction involved, even if it is subconscious. However, it's not that much of a good strategy in the long run. The reality hits when you have sparked the person's interest. Drawing form your example, hiding the part of yourself that does enjoy an occasional drunken ditch dive, is a sure way to smother that spark. So why bother pretending? Seduction feels awkward and fake.