• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] How to seduce as an INFJ?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We're going to have to be clear on how we are defining seduce. INFJs generally can not be seduced as in:

1. To lead away from duty, accepted principles, or proper conduct.
2. To induce to engage in sex.

They can, however, be won over by earnest interest in long-term commitments :)

I managed in 2 months to get one so hyped up she took a 2000 mile flight and spent her spring break with me. ;)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I managed in 2 months to get one so hyped up she took a 2000 mile flight and spent her spring break with me. ;)

... spring break, to do what? And how did you manage this?

I never did trust kitties.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...to do what? And how?

I never did trust kitties.

What do you think we did ;) Almost happened once in a snow fort we dug, too... :D

It was during my time when I was hitting on a number of girls; I was going half ass half neird in our discussions. I think my one genuine compliment once was the breaking point though.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you think we did ;) Almost happened once in a snow fort we dug, too... :D

It was during my time when I was hitting on a number of girls; I was going half ass half neird in our discussions. I think my one genuine compliment once was the breaking point though.

And that was it?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The INFJ tool of seduction is being the only one who truly understands.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

I wouldn't be so sure she was an INFJ. ISFPs, INFPs, INTJs, and ISFJs can look very similar.

If she was, she was probably a desperate one with an unusually high libido, and intended to let you do that.

I kind of doubt you have anything to be proud of.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting.

Yeah, then the oxytocin kicked hard for me and she ended up going back to her emotionally abusive ex.

I prefer the long slow process these days.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't be so sure she was an INFJ. ISFPs, INFPs, INTJs, and ISFJs can look very similar.

If she was, she was probably a desperate one with an unusually high libido, and intended to let you do that.

I didn't want to say it, but yes.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I didn't want to say it, but yes.

Thanks for the revelation 2 years after I figured that out.

Oh noes, another illusion bites the dust. Sorry, runvardh.

Most do.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Desperate, she had told me she was INFJ.

Anyone in an unhealthy state of mind can be enticed into doing things they otherwise wouldn't. But I don't believe people anymore when they say "Oh, I know this INFJ..." Prove it.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ on its shadow side is like that.

V

violaine

Come to think of it... I think INFJs naturally do something similar to seduction in an unconscious way..

Yup.

i think Ni dom is a little too sensitive for cliches for most "acts of seduction" to work, tho, at the same time, i don't view them too negatively. a few Ti connections, a bit of game-playing, a bit o' strategy, if you see an opportunity that could be great than fu8cking GO for it.

but for an infj to be seductive, so much of it is about fit, confidence, and chemistry. a reason to self-assert.

i've noticed with N doms i end up being much much much more open, free, lite, etc. i can jump around and kind of spazz out drawing little maps and stories and fairy tales. tumbling down the well. i think when we are open and really connected, which for me needs some privacy from the outside world like in the yo la tengo song my little corner of the world, i act very charming and enfj like. very disarming, goofy, spontaneous, pure F naivete and innocence and faith, etc.

but yeah, your convictions, your sensitivity to others, your insights, your idealism and desire for actualization and human potential, your humane spirit even if it sometimes clogs up the warmth from the pores of your skin, your writing voice, your quiet intensity, complexity, and mystery, and your deeply experimental mind-experiment are what make up your infjness. plus we can be both quirky AND a bit dark, really bridge the F-T gap well, big contrast, stylized, mood-sensitive but still abstract, critical, and insightful. we know how to use the symbols out there to locate ourselves, express taste and aesthetic-ethical interest, worldview, etc. we dig sharing values with others, it makes us feel warm and tingly and resonate/buzz hard.

finding a way to create a look for you that expresses how you fit and don't fit into pre-established discursive lines of culture, lifestyle, socio-economic lines, etc is a good start in creating a space for yourself, a statement, etc. making something, saying something, doing something, putting yourself out there. creating a bit more self-sufficiency, confidence, etc, and allowing yourself to test the waters more freely, let go a bit more, more openness to new experience, less immediate judging, less Ni paranoia and restrictiveness, etc. allowing yourself to connect wtih the world outside of yourself more freely, improve the thru traffic, and share yourself and your gifts more openly with the world. which will also make you better and smarter, give your iNtuition more to process and more reality checks, knock you off your high horse.

Yup. (Though not really an act per se as I just feel very warmly towards that person so my fun side comes out to play. Not that I think you are saying it's an act.)

Personal interest is seductive. INFJs can appear very seductive in the way that they take a personal interest in someone. Especially as expressed in one on one conversations. The laser-like focus, genuine interest and desire to understand and connect on the part of an INFJ makes for a very intense exchange. I also suspect many people don't regularly experience that kind of exchange so it can stand out, assuming they appreciate being the focus of someone's attention.

This is heightened when I am touched by the plight of another because the genuine interest often extends past an initial conversation. Though I am not trying to be seductive I have been told from an outsider's POV that I can seem very interested in someone because I am so engaged when in those situations.

If I am interested in someone I will become very focused on them. I will ensure I am a presence in their life (without manipulating to be a presence in their life.) The best way to describe it that I've heard is "being aggressively available" (attributed to Synarch). i.e. I will make sure I don't miss any opportunity to interact with them - saying yes to all invitations, going to parties when I know they will be there and I will ask them out too.

To me it seems like I am being aggressive in pursuit but I have been told I appear quite aloof because I still play my cards close to my chest until it comes time to express my feelings for someone.

EDIT: And we are seductive in that we tailor our approach to others, as Cascadeco mentioned. I want to connect with the person so I try to pitch at their level.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
This is how to seduce AS an INFJ. Meaning if you are an INFJ, how would you go about seducing others. Not how to seduce an INFJ (in which case the answer is that you can't).

My experience too. If someone tries to seduce me (in the sense that he is only interested in sex) he will get doorslammed so quickly he doesn't even know what's happening to him (and I will giggle to myself underneath my cold exterior). Most guys don't even try, if he is only interested in a fling it's far too much effort.

Seduction is not always obvious or overt. This is why it is called seduction and not abduction. And sex may be one goal of many as it is the culmination of desire and desire is more than pure physicality. How can you tell desire from pure sexual hunger? It is not always clear cut.

To seduce is to create desire. To please. To recognize what someone wants and then to provide the promise of this desire. Paying the utmost attention and seeking to please the object of your desire. And in the pleasing, you lead them away from themselves and to you. You seduce.

The INFJ tool of seduction is being the only one who truly understands.

INFJ's are seductive because they attend to other people very well. They pay attention. They show interest. They care. They are accepting. They try to see beneath the surface. They appreciate how you are different and special. They do not accede to what Society values. This is very compelling, especially to people who feel misunderstood or complicated or different.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I forgot to add something.

INFJ's are seductive to me in that they respect my boundaries. I do not like to be controlled and I do not respond well to overt attention. If someone comes on to me, for some reason, I don't trust it. If they like me too soon, I wonder how they can like me without even knowing me? Logically, I know that someone can have an initial attraction and this can deepen over time, but I just trust things more if they develop and grow in a slow and unforced way.

V

violaine

I forgot to add something.

INFJ's are seductive to me in that they respect my boundaries. I do not like to be controlled and I do not respond well to overt attention. If someone comes on to me, for some reason, I don't trust it. If they like me too soon, I wonder how they can like me without even knowing me? Logically, I know that someone can have an initial attraction and this can deepen over time, but I just trust things more if they develop and grow in a slow and unforced way.

Heh, it's nice to know that that actually works for some people, I often feel like I move slowly in getting to know someone. It makes me slightly anxious about missing out on that person but it just doesn't work out well if I rush into something.