First 12

Thread: disharmony

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Wren - could you say more about these vibes? As a female ENFP, I'm curious as well. Thanks.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

The feeling I've gotten around the enfp, if indeed my idea of the enfp is the same as others, is a very forward, brazen presence, Skyward may have said it: blunt, forward style. Clonester (enfp?) begins a post this way in response to my OP:

"Well, not everyone likes everyone else (or their type). It's just a fact of life."

That comment, above, is sort of the feeling I get from the enfp, and when directed at me, or when one gives advice, I am left with an impression that I pushed their buttons and I'm not thinking correctly. Maybe enfps take things personally too.

Enfps and, NTs, in general, exude a different kind of confidence, each in their own way, of course, which when communicated impatiently, make me feel like a shrimp. However, after reading the entire Jeffster thread about SPs, I'm beginning to feel the same way about them--but he was pretty humorous--- thus I may let it slide, my inferiority complex, partly to thank him for adding a bit of levity in my life.

JUST KIDDING! Geesh, don't any of you have an ability to read me over the internet?

Well thnx everyone, for the comments, I think you all made sense. And, no, I really don't let personality typing play a part in real life dynamics too much. I don't pigeon hole people, I have a hard time determining others' types anyway, and in real time I don't analyze that quickly, so the people I'm around don't suffer my judgment. It's when I get home by myself I start mulling over all of this.

I pick on a few types (over others) on these personality forums because they seem more readily discernible than other types to me. And the nature of a forum like this seems to lump similar people into categories, uh, so how else should I view everyone here? Hardly as individuals, altho, saying that I could receive 40 lashes.

What I said just then, let me again add, I hardly feel knowledgeable about these mb types, keirsey descriptions, socionics, cognitive functions etc, but I've learned much just listening to everyone go on and on. It's great!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

You might not be off the mark. The potential putting down part might come from Fi not necessarily Ne. Ne is like a ferret that just goes around happily connecting ideas. Fi however -is- a judgment function, one that in the hands of an unhealthy ENFP such as myself compulsively judges the whole world according to impossible, ineffable standards for human interaction.

It is -nothing- to get a inferiority complex for.

In fact, I would argue the opposite. Fi users are truly pitiful human beings. There is no beauty in what we do and we miss out on life running after an ideal which in reality is nothing but our own feelings pretending to be omnipresent and omniscient on all perception while simultaneously giving their user an invisible license to secretly psychologically police everyone for "evil".

But beyond my humble opinion (and i'm sure 99% of the board's Fi users disagree with my hatred of the function), ENFP is the collection of all your shadow functions. Meaning they are comfortable where you are not. Fi happens to be on your "critical parent", meaning its natural to feel a bit vulnerable. Lucky for you, because you're Fe.. you're free to just ignore them and be genuinely fine and move on with your life.

Hm.. maybe I have an INFJ complex? Haha.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Xellotath View Post
    But beyond my humble opinion (and i'm sure 99% of the board's Fi users disagree with my hatred of the function), ENFP is the collection of all your shadow functions. Meaning they are comfortable where you are not. Fi happens to be on your "critical parent", meaning its natural to feel a bit vulnerable. Lucky for you, because you're Fe.. you're free to just ignore them and be genuinely fine and move on with your life.
    Of the five ENFPs I know (3 guys, 2 girls), I've always been able to connect with them very well. I really do enjoy them, and I think the internet skews what would sound acceptable to many people into an emotionless statement.

"Vibes" given off by posts don't entirely convince me because a) it is the internet and b) not everyone writes as they speak.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    The feeling I've gotten around the enfp, if indeed my idea of the enfp is the same as others, is a very forward, brazen presence, Skyward may have said it: blunt, forward style. Clonester (enfp?) begins a post this way in response to my OP:

"Well, not everyone likes everyone else (or their type). It's just a fact of life."

That comment, above, is sort of the feeling I get from the enfp, and when directed at me, or when one gives advice, I am left with an impression that I pushed their buttons and I'm not thinking correctly. Maybe enfps take things personally too.
    Sweet! I wish I could be more direct and straight forward in real life, lol. Sometimes I wish I could just say things bluntly like an ESTJ. I can't speak for all ENFP's, but I'm not really one to take comments too personally. Or at least I've learned not too.

That and I think extroverted guys in general are fairly straightforward about things. Other than that I greatly respect every INFJ I know and their careful analysis of life is incredible. I guess it's just an Internet thing.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger