User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: ENFP and ESFP

MBTI
    ENFP

Default ENFP and ESFP

I have a few questions for anyone who has experience with ESFP's, or actual ESFP's. I met a girl at a party a couple weeks ago and got her phone #. We've been to the movies and to the beach since then, more as a group with friends than anything. We text a lot. I'm quite certain she is an ESFP. I like a lot of things about her personality, a lot of enthusiasm, witty and joking in her conversations, we like similar activities (dancing, football, movies, swimming, etc) and like to be doing stuff, and we get along well. I'm going to ask her out regardless, but I'd like to ask a few questions so I know what I'm getting into and how to handle situations that come up:

1) How do ESFP's commit in a relationship? An ESTP I dated was a lot of fun too, but I never got the sense she was fully committed to the relationship, which was confirmed when we broke it off.

2) Do ESFP's flirt with someone they like in a physical way? The ESTP flirted with everything that moves and especially me, but I read that ESFP's are conservative in initiating a relationship and I guess flirting too. If not flirting, how do you tell if an ESFP is into you?

3) What are ESFP's like when dating? Do they like to take things fast? Slow? What do they look for in the other person?
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

My best friend (ESFP) and her boyfriend (ENFP) have been dating for two years. Before they committed to one another I think they both were serial daters and mainly had fun dating around.

They are both social butterfly's and have a really great friendship. I think that is the main reason they both settled down with one another. They both are interested in a variety of topics and have lots in common so they converse quite freely and neither have a jealous nature (which is essential for this combination I believe).

The ESFP is quite flirty, although not a physical flirter. She enjoys mingling with people, but she's just fun and quirky so her socializing may come off as flirty, but as a female I will say she does not flirt in any real manner. Nothing any intelligent male would ever take too seriously.

In dating she was always up for anything. She definitely was not the most discriminate about getting to know someone physically at first. I would say she goes fast in getting to know people, but maintains her independence. So it's not like a week in you feel married. You've just got a new really fun friend who you fool around with.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    I have a few questions for anyone who has experience with ESFP's, or actual ESFP's. I met a girl at a party a couple weeks ago and got her phone #. We've been to the movies and to the beach since then, more as a group with friends than anything. We text a lot. I'm quite certain she is an ESFP. I like a lot of things about her personality, a lot of enthusiasm, witty and joking in her conversations, we like similar activities (dancing, football, movies, swimming, etc) and like to be doing stuff, and we get along well. I'm going to ask her out regardless, but I'd like to ask a few questions so I know what I'm getting into and how to handle situations that come up:

1) How do ESFP's commit in a relationship? An ESTP I dated was a lot of fun too, but I never got the sense she was fully committed to the relationship, which was confirmed when we broke it off.

2) Do ESFP's flirt with someone they like in a physical way? The ESTP flirted with everything that moves and especially me, but I read that ESFP's are conservative in initiating a relationship and I guess flirting too. If not flirting, how do you tell if an ESFP is into you?

3) What are ESFP's like when dating? Do they like to take things fast? Slow? What do they look for in the other person?
    My best friend is an esfp guy.
    1. Pretty committed if they treat it as such. Probably moreso than an ESTP would be.
    2. They are pretty damn flirty if you ask me, but I'm an intj and have no concept of flirting so what do I know.
    3. They'll take it as fast as you want to take it. I'm not sure if they'll commit to someone who sleeps with on first date though, they might think less of you. They look for a "soulmate"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

1) I never really felt like my ESFP was committed (in the same intense way I was), even though he would say that he was verbally. In retrospect, I wish I had trusted my own instincts and intuition instead of buying into what he was saying.

2) Yeah, my ESFP was definitely physically flirty with me from the get-go. He was kind of that way with most girls though... haha. His style of flirting was mostly "state the obvious" teasing. Cute, but kind of lame at times. He was the type who considered flirting harmless and would most definitely flirt with other girls.

3) My ESFP was VERY fast. Definitely an I-Love-You-Too-Sooner. But, just as quickly as he was in my life, he was also out quick too. He was looking for someone who was FUN ALL OF THE TIME. He always wanted to be doing something. Even though I am an extrovert, it was stressful. He cared about conversation, but placed more emphasis on what we "did" together and less on what we talked about (which is what was important to me).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'll answer this based on my sister, but note that she is somewhat unhealthy and dependent on people.

1) How do ESFP's commit in a relationship?
    If my sis really likes someone, then she commits very quickly with little problem. Usually, she is frustrated that the other person will not commit as fast. If she is not really into someone, then may string them along to feed her ego a bit.

2) Do ESFP's flirt with someone they like in a physical way? If not flirting, how do you tell if an ESFP is into you?
    My sis seems to flirt verbally more than physically. She seems pretty obvious too.
    She also gets bossy, like that is how she shows she cares.

My sis seems to take things fast. She seems to like men with a cheesy/vulgar sense of humor, someone who is not too serious or bookish, into "normal" guy things like sports, dresses well but a bit conservative, is more quiet than her so she can have the spotlight, and far less emotional, but not dismissive of her feelings.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Didn't I respond to this already?

MBTI
    GONE

Oh uh - do I smell a thread merge?

To answer your OP - you gotta jump on an EXFP and make it happen, cap'n!

Anyone who you think is a social butterfly or usually casual and 'whateva' about dating and such - you need to make clear that you are more than serious and you are willing and able to do the work to keep them.

EXFPs dont' necessarily want to be single or just casually dating people forever, but for myself, I'm not going to limit myself or extend myself in that way for someone who isn't clearly showing me they are there already. We're active people and we have lots of things pulling our attention, so if you want more from us, you really have to make it known and really ask that of us and show us you mean it.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP

Update: We've gone on a couple dates and we're definitely a fun pair. MBTI wise it seems to be a good matchup. But there are some values that we just do not share. A few things that go beyond Myers Briggs that make me think this isn't going to go very far.

To be honest we're both crazy and fun, but I have a limit as to what I will do. I think her Fi causes her to see this limit too but she doesn't listen to it. As an NF I can't just ignore my values. They are my core.
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    To be honest we're both crazy and fun, but I have a limit as to what I will do. I think her Fi causes her to see this limit too but she doesn't listen to it. As an NF I can't just ignore my values. They are my core.
    Give us examples!

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP

I knew someone would want examples. I'll be specifically vague.

I've started to become friends with a few of her friends, and they are good people. But she has several friends who are just bad people and I see them rub off on her. A couple of them were being asses to some random people on the street, and she was totally cool with that. I think she likes that they are crazy and this brings her excitement. I can be crazy too but I never do it with a bad intent, putting down others just for fun.

The ignoring her Fi part comes into play because those same friends were doing something that we both agreed they shouldn't be doing. But she is still friends with them and after a few minutes pass it's like nothing ever happened. She will overlook things that most people wont overlook (unless of course you're just inherently ). I give people some leeway and I know not everyone is like me. But if I see people doing things that just aren't right on a consistent basis, well, I'm not friends with these people.

I think she just needs a few years to mature. She has a lot of good qualities but needs to work on a few things that typically come with age. Even for fun loving ESFP's.