• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] "losers" in this society? what/who are they?

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
I just suddenly thought about this last night:
after knowing MBTI Personality Typing quite deeply, do you think the concept of "losers" still exist,..strongly?
or, perhaps,
there is actually no such thing as "definite loser" in this society,
it's just that these people have certain valid reasons for:
- not wanting to go through hassles to 'climbing the corporate ladder' which mainstream society (& people) often are trying to pressure constantly upon them
- they have different perspective, POV about this Life, and how it should be lived
- these so-called "losers" are actually pretty smart people, but they're just only lack ambitions & willpower, or motivation to burn their energy down that ONE single path to success ; that they rather just want to absorb as many things in life, instead of just focusing in ONE path, and get beaten through it a lot of times,...which is usually troublesome, and brings a lot of stress, that these so-called "losers" don't want to bother with?
- they just don't care, and have a lot of valid reasons to back up as to why they just seemingly don't want to do anything in their life ?

the more I thought about it, and especially in terms of MBTI perspective,
the more it somehow started to scare me that perhaps the strong "P" would be the most prone to this so-called "loser" syndrome!
I'm sure that those of us who got to know MBTI for a long time here already know that this PHYSICAL world needs the "J" type a lot more (usually), in order to accomplish "success" , especially in the working world, as compared to the 'wanderless' "P" type.

I can even cite some examples:
- my cousin is a really smart & witty person, and although I haven't tested him, I really believe & quite sure that he's probably a strong INTP.
whenever we're in a 'big family' gathering & dinner, he can comes up with really strong & smart arguments (delivered in a witty manner too!).
but even that now he's already 31 years old, all he does is just playing online-video games at his home (well, his parents are super-rich, though), and he just seems to lack any willpower, or motivation to just "stick at one path/career, and just GO HARD-BEATEN through it!"
- my father (somewhat..), and some few of my friend's dads that I've also seen,
that they're also smart people, and often vocal in any kind of argument, and also like to criticize how this mainstream society works, and the stupidity in the "system" ,
yet, what these people do is often 'unclear' , as if they can't stick in ONE kind of job, or path!
and hence, as a result, they appear to be much less 'succesful' than those "ambitious, HARD-working" Dads that, according to my Mom, can and even willing to go to work at 7 AM, and got home often late at night around 9 or 10 PM ! and according to my mother, the latter is the ONLY example of the types of people that will succeed in Life!
but perhaps to the former group, it's again, just so "troublesome", and perhaps just too "boring" , or too "stressful" for them, to focus & dedicate themselves to "succeed" !

these things seriously starts to scare me a bit,
as I can somewhat see that I could probably EASILY become these so-called "losers", especially in this hard, edging, fast-paced, very competitive era we're living now! (damn how I just hate that last word so much: "competitive", arggh!@#$).

if you were to ask me, what I want to do in this life is just:
- to keep gaining & absorbing NEW knowledges & experiecnes in this life,
- while ENJOYing this life,
- and not to get burned-out in anything, and not work too-hard.

are these even the signs of "losers" , according to the mainstream society these days??

and besides, I thought,
I've heard this popular phrase roughly that "90% of the world's resources is attained by only 1% of the people at the top of the world" anyway!
and to do that, you probably have to do a lot of what I would call: troublesome, stressful, and even sometimes 'dirty' things (& tricks!) to get to the very TOP of the world, in other words, to SUCCEED a lot in life!
I don't know why, but somehow, right now I just can't see the 'beauty' of pursuing that path...
is this a sign or symptoms of "losers" too , I wonder?...

what really defines "loser", in your opinion?
let's discuss about this.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I suppose I'd offer myself as a definition of that word. I don't have the energy to deal with reality on it's own terms... at all. I'm a loser, but mostly because I don't enjoy the game enough to play.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Your are not a loser. If you are happy and content with your life, you are ahead of most of us. If you are not even in the game, there is no way you can lose.

Snow Turtle

Not really. There's no definite loser, however there are losers depending on what criteria we're using. Even then my father would argue that a person at his lowest is not a loser because he hasn't given up. Even those that have given up to apathy don't really desire the label, but instead sympathy and empathy so the label is kind of meaningless.

Do you honestly think of yourself as a loser?

chegra

MBTI Type
INFJ
Kinda a subjective word.

But I think it is used by people who tend not to see the larger picture.
And see that there is a purpose for everything. We need people with strong
J's and strong P's.

I think what is important is people play to their strengths. Like playing video games? Make a living out of it.

Some of the Ps i know are the very best at creative thinking. Try teaming up with a J, they do the part you find boring(well atleast an SJ).

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
If you are not even in the game, there is no way you can lose.

That's a nice perspective.

The word loser is an empty word. Very often based on superficial, 1-dimensional viewpoints. There's not much more to say about it.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think that _N_P are often noted for their potentials, but don't "do" enough to empty up meeting stereotypical definitions of success. Follow through and being able to do the same thing over and over to a given standard are worth a lot. Finding new paradigms is not most people's full-time pursuit. Assertiveness and follow through are worth a lot in the professional world. "Here is what I did" sounds MUCH better to a boss or recruiter than "here is what I want to do."

Happiness is derived from one's personal relationships, work is usually just work. Work doesn't bring most people happiness. That seems to be the current thinking ogf people who study/measure/quantify happiness.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Hey. i get by. i do my part to help others and stuff. i do things...you know...get things done and stuff like that.

*busts out a bag o chips and a big mag and wonders why the feeling of being attacked by the whole concept*

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's interesting, because I think that lots of so-called "winners" in our current society...say Paris Hilton or Donald Trump...are TOTAL losers. I don't want people like that near me. Ever. And someone really should take some of their money away from them and do something that's actually useful with it, besides posing for cameras and bullying interns.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
them yung whipper snapprs with ther trousers hangin down below ther knees with ther foul language, peircins, loud music and cigarettes. Ther always walkin on my lawn.
istps, mos' likely.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Niki, your discussion sounds like a VERY STJ viewpoint. STJ approaches are wanted in many workplaces, but not all. Medical, teaching, HR, PR, research, marketing, sales, helping professions all need other approaches.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
them yung whipper snapprs with ther trousers hangin down below ther knees with ther foul language, peircins, loud music and cigarettes. Ther always walkin on my lawn.
istps, mos' likely.

Umm, where did that come from??? Are you saying that they are the losers?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
istps, mos' likely.

Only if those whipper snappers with ther trousers hangin down below ther knees with ther foul language aren't paying their child support to multiple baby mommas.

Then, yeah, they're losers.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
istps, mos' likely.

They do that where I live too! :steam:

Seriously, this is a middle-middle class area, houses are 300-500k and up. And these are some of the worst and least-attended to kids I've ever seen. "My parents make good money and I'm safe where I live, but I'm gonna stand here and moap cuz I'm bored and I can!" I go to richer or poorer parts of town and don't see much of this.

Doppleganger

MBTI Type
IxtP
Enneagram
5w4
istps, mos' likely.

Hey, I wear a belt!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
(mumbles under breath)
prolly got skullz n spikes n things on it... :dry:

You mean those guys aren't SPs? :huh:

I always thought the ones that wear that all creepy trendy stuff that makes a person want to gag were SPs...

It seemed like that's what everyone wore except me and the teachers, and they listened to rap music. At my school they'd blare rap on their radios, so I had to walk around through the halls with my hands over my ears.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
If you are not even in the game, there is no way you can lose.

That sounds like something Homer Simpson said:

"The secret of not failing is don't even try".

I was a loser: I wasn't happy with my life, I was ruining my health and wasting my potential. Now I've turned it around, I'm much happier and contented and I think that's really what it's all about.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's interesting, because I think that lots of so-called "winners" in our current society...say Paris Hilton or Donald Trump...are TOTAL losers. I don't want people like that near me. Ever. And someone really should take some of their money away from them and do something that's actually useful with it, besides posing for cameras and bullying interns.

That's not my observation. They seem to be living happy and fullfilled lives. Also, a lot of jobs are created by Paris's antics and Mr Trumps business acumin.

Vote with your feet. If you don't like Paris, don't buy glossy magazines, don't watch her shows or buy her merchanidise. If you get bullied by Mr. Trump, find another job. If enough people did that, they'd change their ways or fail.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
That sounds like something Homer Simpson said:

"The secret of not failing is don't even try".

I was a loser: I wasn't happy with my life, I was ruining my health and wasting my potential. Now I've turned it around, I'm much happier and contented and I think that's really what it's all about.

Exactly. My entire quote:

Your are not a loser. If you are happy and content with your life, you are ahead of most of us. If you are not even in the game, there is no way you can lose.

If you constantly pine away for things and have no motivation to even try and achieve them, your quality of life will suffer for it. If you are content the way things are, who is to say that your way of living is failing?