• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJ's: Not Manipulative.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Every type is manipulative, but in wildly different ways.

ENTP's are insinuating and slippery manipulators.
INFJ's are guilt trippers.
ENFP's are drama threateners...

etc.

INFJs are not guilt trippers. And I thought you were the Master of All Things INFJ. Think of something better :)

V

violaine

^Right you are. I thought it was "winning by losing" or some such other unfathomable dictum.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
INFJs are not guilt trippers. And I thought you were the Master of All Things INFJ. Think of something better :)

You're guilt tripping me now. You just do it so naturally it's almost completely unconscious.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

^Right you are. I thought it was "winning by losing" or some such other unfathomable dictum.

Get back!

128806114500978706.jpg

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're guilt tripping me now. You just do it so naturally it's almost completely unconscious.

Ha. Knew you were going to say that. No, I really want to know how INFJs manipulate. Guilt tripping is not it. That's more like ISFJ.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Admittedly, I'm hard pressed to label our style of manipulation, but we clearly do it. And it's stealthy.

...Very similar to the INTJ's style of "But I was only stating the <obvious/facts>, it's not my fault that action A precipitated reaction B." /wide-eyed kitten-faced look

Mama always said don't bullshit a bullshitter chile!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ha. Knew you were going to say that. No, I really want to know how INFJs manipulate. Guilt tripping is not it. That's more like ISFJ.

Yea and I knew you would claim to "know" I was going to say that.

INFJ manipulation:

Christ-Carrying-the-Cross-El-Greco.png

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJs: masters of the "We only break out the manipulation wand when you force our hands damnit!"

+"We did it for your own good" meets "plausible deniability."

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

I was gonna say, seems like more of an SFJ thing, but I'd be using my mom as an example and she falls under an extreme and isn't a good representative.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yea and I knew you would claim to "know" I was going to say that.
It's not my fault I'm such a visionary. Comes with the territory! But seriously, anyone who knows your style of posting would know you would say that.

INFJ manipulation:

Christ-Carrying-the-Cross-El-Greco.png
Huh. I've never born a literal cross before.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's not my fault I'm such a visionary. Comes with the territory! But seriously, anyone who knows your style of posting would know you would say that.

I can't be 100% original 24/7. DID YOU KNOW I WAS GOING TO SAY THAT?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was gonna say, seems like more of an SFJ thing, but I'd be using my mom as an example and she falls under an extreme and isn't a good representative.

Nope, that's the style across the board. ESFJ use the "for shame!" tactic, but that could also be considered guilt-tripping.

I can't be 100% original 24/7. DID YOU KNOW I WAS GOING TO SAY THAT?

No...I was expecting something snarkier. Try again.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Normally react WHAT way? Because I'm usually nice to people even if they insist on being negative and counter-active? You're talking to me like I'm being irrational and I don't appreciate it. I've dealt with this guy's bad attitude for months, saying NOTHING, and now I am. I have never had an issue with people debating. Debates are meant to be constructive, and this isn't it. I know that you know the difference.

Don't tut-tut me. You're not my father, Athenian.

And I don't regret a WORD of what I said. I'd say it all over again and mean it just as much. You aren't an ENFJ and you haven't been hit over the head repeatedly about that and then treated like you should be okay with it. I've been here for about two years and I had to put up with a lot of ENFJs are the Devil crap, NOT YOU.

The minute I say something that strong, maybe you should consider that *I'm* part of the wronged party, not that I'm overreacting, because it goes against my general forum presence just as you say.

:shock: You're not even trying to calm down. You're just insisting on the validity of your own view and refusing to compromise or explain, and taking out your anger on me. Unbelievable. I'm truly disappointed. I thought you were better than this. :dont:

Now I certainly don't believe that you've been wronged, sorry. Your response only confirms my original suspicions more strongly.

If you feel that you're a member of a "wronged party," and that you've been being wronged for years, perhaps this isn't the right place for you? I think you seem to have had more than enough of MBTI. If you're taking it this personally, you don't have any more correct an image of MBTI than the person you're criticizing. I don't think you fit well at all with the kind of attitude we try to cultivate here. I'd be sad to see you go, of course, but it is beginning to look increasingly like that's the best course of action for your long-term happiness.

I don't like this situation you and Kalach have created at all. Work it out between yourselves in PM, please. Agree to disagree if you have to. I really don't want to debate you on this, so I'm going to try and end it on this note. This is my final word on the matter. You know where I stand.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

Getting us to change our behavior without us being angry about it. My INFJ friend from college is the only one I know who can directly criticize what I'm doing without my getting defensive. I have no clue how he does it.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't like this situation at all. I really don't want to debate you on this, so I'm going to try and end it on this note.

You could just, you know, stop talking. Instead of announcing that you are going to stop talking.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ manipulation exhibit Z.

Wow, if that's manipulation than INFJs must be better manipulators than I thought. Even better than ENFJs :D:D:D

Getting us to change our behavior without us being angry about it. My INFJ friend from college is the only one I know who can directly criticize what I'm doing without my getting defensive. I have no clue how he does it.

Hmmm...I guess that could work. But what would you call that? "Motivating?" "Counseling?"

V

violaine

Perhaps because the INFJ doesn't want to control you? Just a guess. At least, I don't want to control people. Personally, I don't really like to manipulate as I don't want to feel responsible for the path another person takes in life. *bleh*

Hmm, though I guess I am pretty good at getting people on board with what I want to do through a mix of stubbornness, doggedness and just generally having a plan.