User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    You are being quite unladylike. A lady would have the decorum not to be a scolding harridan with someone she doesn't know.
    I wasn't being a scolding harridan... I was quite polite.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    We all have our ways of being "nasty" or "manipulative", whether we realize it or not. Admittedly, I don't have a lot of experience with INFJs, but I was working on a film with one a few months ago and when she didn't approve of my methods, she would say such sharp and criticizing words to everyone around her, instead of just to me. She would just mutter nasty sentences indirectly that were meant for me, but directed at others. When she saw it had no effect on me, she slowly turned silent.
    What makes you so sure she's an INFJ? Because that's one tactic that is guaranteed to make me angry, so I certainly wouldn't do it to someone else. I don't like when people take pot-shots at me indirectly. Just take your issue up with the person, like an adult. If that is INFJ behavior I'm going to need to see some INFJs in my office.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    I wasn't being a scolding harridan... I was quite polite.
    Well. We've exchanged views. So, let's move on. There is likely a crudeness spectrum and I may be on the opposite pole from you. I recognize this essential reality. The question is, who should accommodate whom? I am not imposing my perspective on you, but to appease you I would have to adopt your perspective.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

(Also, if you were truly offended by my wry commentary, you could have communicated with me in a less public manner, if that was your goal. Not that it matters to me. Just pointing out your inconsistencies.)
    I wanted to bring up the issue publicly, because there may be others who agree with me.

MBTI
    ENTP

I wanted to bring up the issue publicly, because there may be others who agree with me.
    Why should your values be so primary that they require me to modulate myself to fit you?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Lauren, She was one of the ones who turned me on to MBTI and she told me she was INFJ. I had no reason not to believe her. She seemed NTish, which many of your INFJs seem like to me.

Yes, I don't like that behavior either. But basically she knew she wouldn't get anywhere with me so she whined about me openly to my crew (guilt tripping). Then the door slam. Well, good riddance.

And I know that you would never behave that way, as I am sure that most INFJs wouldn't. I think she just had a maturity problem, which transcends type.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Ooh, I just nailed down ENTP manipulation (for want of a better word) - it's letting someone hang themselves.
    Yep. A word to the wise - if we start rapid-firing questions, you've already lost. This is how we, in my opinion, try to make you look like an idiot, not outright correcting you (which most people interpret to be as such).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I thought it was funny. But Synarch has enough ego so I wasn't about to let him know that I laughed at it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Why should your values be so primary that they require me to modulate myself to fit you?
    My values don't require you to do that. If it's important for your freedom of expression, to sometimes do it in a manner that some might find to be a bit crude, that's your choice. I just have to decide if putting you on ignore is worth it, because I would then miss out on the comments you make that are frequently quite entertaining.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Yep. A word to the wise - if we start rapid-firing questions, you've already lost. This is how we, in my opinion, try to make you look like an idiot, not outright correcting you (which most people interpret to be as such).
    I don't try to make people look stupid, per se. I try to poke holes in their flimsy justifications. Justifications that conceal an emotional predilection that is inherently subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I thought it was funny. But Synarch has enough ego so I wasn't about to let him know that I laughed at it.