User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Ha. Knew you were going to say that. No, I really want to know how INFJs manipulate. Guilt tripping is not it. That's more like ISFJ.
    I was gonna say, seems like more of an SFJ thing, but I'd be using my mom as an example and she falls under an extreme and isn't a good representative.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Yea and I knew you would claim to "know" I was going to say that.
    It's not my fault I'm such a visionary. Comes with the territory! But seriously, anyone who knows your style of posting would know you would say that.

INFJ manipulation:

Huh. I've never born a literal cross before.

MBTI
    ENTP

It's not my fault I'm such a visionary. Comes with the territory! But seriously, anyone who knows your style of posting would know you would say that.
    I can't be 100% original 24/7. DID YOU KNOW I WAS GOING TO SAY THAT?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I was gonna say, seems like more of an SFJ thing, but I'd be using my mom as an example and she falls under an extreme and isn't a good representative.
    Nope, that's the style across the board. ESFJ use the "for shame!" tactic, but that could also be considered guilt-tripping.

I can't be 100% original 24/7. DID YOU KNOW I WAS GOING TO SAY THAT?
    No...I was expecting something snarkier. Try again.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Normally react WHAT way? Because I'm usually nice to people even if they insist on being negative and counter-active? You're talking to me like I'm being irrational and I don't appreciate it. I've dealt with this guy's bad attitude for months, saying NOTHING, and now I am. I have never had an issue with people debating. Debates are meant to be constructive, and this isn't it. I know that you know the difference.

Don't tut-tut me. You're not my father, Athenian.

And I don't regret a WORD of what I said. I'd say it all over again and mean it just as much. You aren't an ENFJ and you haven't been hit over the head repeatedly about that and then treated like you should be okay with it. I've been here for about two years and I had to put up with a lot of ENFJs are the Devil crap, NOT YOU.

The minute I say something that strong, maybe you should consider that *I'm* part of the wronged party, not that I'm overreacting, because it goes against my general forum presence just as you say.
    You're not even trying to calm down. You're just insisting on the validity of your own view and refusing to compromise or explain, and taking out your anger on me. Unbelievable. I'm truly disappointed. I thought you were better than this.

Now I certainly don't believe that you've been wronged, sorry. Your response only confirms my original suspicions more strongly.

If you feel that you're a member of a "wronged party," and that you've been being wronged for years, perhaps this isn't the right place for you? I think you seem to have had more than enough of MBTI. If you're taking it this personally, you don't have any more correct an image of MBTI than the person you're criticizing. I don't think you fit well at all with the kind of attitude we try to cultivate here. I'd be sad to see you go, of course, but it is beginning to look increasingly like that's the best course of action for your long-term happiness.

I don't like this situation you and Kalach have created at all. Work it out between yourselves in PM, please. Agree to disagree if you have to. I really don't want to debate you on this, so I'm going to try and end it on this note. This is my final word on the matter. You know where I stand.

MBTI
    ENTP

No...I was expecting something snarkier. Try again.
    INFJ manipulation exhibit Z.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Ha. Knew you were going to say that. No, I really want to know how INFJs manipulate. Guilt tripping is not it. That's more like ISFJ.
    Getting us to change our behavior without us being angry about it. My INFJ friend from college is the only one I know who can directly criticize what I'm doing without my getting defensive. I have no clue how he does it.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I don't like this situation at all. I really don't want to debate you on this, so I'm going to try and end it on this note.
    You could just, you know, stop talking. Instead of announcing that you are going to stop talking.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

INFJ manipulation exhibit Z.
    Wow, if that's manipulation than INFJs must be better manipulators than I thought. Even better than ENFJs

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Getting us to change our behavior without us being angry about it. My INFJ friend from college is the only one I know who can directly criticize what I'm doing without my getting defensive. I have no clue how he does it.
    Hmmm...I guess that could work. But what would you call that? "Motivating?" "Counseling?"

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Perhaps because the INFJ doesn't want to control you? Just a guess. At least, I don't want to control people. Personally, I don't really like to manipulate as I don't want to feel responsible for the path another person takes in life. *bleh*

Hmm, though I guess I am pretty good at getting people on board with what I want to do through a mix of stubbornness, doggedness and just generally having a plan.