User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

If money didn't exist, I theorize that we would be in somewhat of a utopian society. Just look at Nikola Tesla, he would of been the world's first billionaire (or according to todays inflation maybe trillionaire) BUT for the sake of humanity he tore up his contract! The sacrifice this man made for humanity still goes much unnoticed, we wouldn't even be able to be on our computers chatting right now if it wern't for him. They don't even acknowledge him in public education systems, they still point to edison, who was actually a bit of a villain in Tesla's story.

He tore up the contract because supposedly the power plant wouldn't be able to stay in business after paying him off his royalty. For the sake of humanity and for the sake of seeing his vision and his invention actualized, for the sake of the future, he got rid of the factor that was money.

And after all this how did humanity repay him? They didn't, he died alone, and pennyless...

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    If money didn't exist, I theorize that we would be in somewhat of a utopian society. Just look at Nikola Tesla, he would of been the world's first billionaire (or according to todays inflation maybe trillionaire) BUT for the sake of humanity he tore up his contract! The sacrifice this man made for humanity still goes much unnoticed, we wouldn't even be able to be on our computers chatting right now if it wern't for him. They don't even acknowledge him in public education systems, they still point to edison, who was actually a bit of a villain in Tesla's story.

He tore up the contract because supposedly the power plant wouldn't be able to stay in business after paying him off his royalty. For the sake of humanity and for the sake of seeing his vision and his invention actualized, for the sake of the future, he got rid of the factor that was money.

And after all this how did humanity repay him? They didn't, he died alone, and pennyless...

when u guys're reading story like this,
    would u think that Tesla died a 'tragic' life?...
    or rather, do you believe that certain people have to, or perhaps rather, destined to "sacrifice" what he/she has, for the sake of humanity and betterment of world?
    regardless of whether he'll get appreciated, or die alone and pennyless?

it is men like Tesla that I really put off my hat the most,...
    that even frankly speaking, I probably still not able to do what he did, ie: when faced with two options, he chose the "sacrifical" option! instead of the 'fame-and-fortune' mainstream popular path!

in fact, I actually feel ashamed,
    because I still have this somewhat nihillistic thought that we all will die anyway, and everything will perish, so in the end, everything just doesn't matter, in the grand scheme of everything in the Universe...
    so why even "sacrifice", especially for this broken, corrupted & wicked humanity who often just don't appreciate these sacrifices deep enough?..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

do what you love, and MONEY will come" - not really?

not necessarily.
    it depends what you love and how much money do you want/need

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post

when u guys're reading story like this,
    would u think that Tesla died a 'tragic' life?...
    or rather, do you believe that certain people have to, or perhaps rather, destined to "sacrifice" what he/she has, for the sake of humanity and betterment of world?
    regardless of whether he'll get appreciated, or die alone and pennyless?

it is men like Tesla that I really put off my hat the most,...
    that even frankly speaking, I probably still not able to do what he did, ie: when faced with two options, he chose the "sacrifical" option! instead of the 'fame-and-fortune' mainstream popular path!

in fact, I actually feel ashamed,
    because I still have this somewhat nihillistic thought that we all will die anyway, and everything will perish, so in the end, everything just doesn't matter, in the grand scheme of everything in the Universe...
    so why even "sacrifice", especially for this broken, corrupted & wicked humanity who often just don't appreciate these sacrifices deep enough?..
    Well my point is, that if more people were like tesla, we wouldn't need money. And at that point, I think society would become somewhat utopian. But his story is rather suppressed don't you think? If more people knew then perhaps humanity would take a step towards that direction.