User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Default All peopled out.

So, apparently, I've figured out how many people I can handle in a week before running screaming for the hills.

9 overnight house guests the weekend before the fourth, a 4 hour roadtrip with 7 people (4 of them under the age of 5) in the car on Monday, overnight at my folks on Mon, a giant gathering of friends and all their kids Tues, two overnight guests on Thurs, Four all day Friday and Saturday, and a completely different group of five on the night of the Fourth.

Somebody just shoot me in the head, now, s'il vous plait.

It was so much fun while everyone was here (well, towards the end, I was out of steam and cranky). And now, I'm wondering WHY I do this to myself...the first round of people would have done quite nicely. I just couldn't refuse anybody, because I wanted no one to feel hurt. Especially my grandparents this past weekend. Curse you empathetic, idealistic side!!

Annnd now that I'm "alone" (I have three fantastic kiddos), I don't even want to talk. At all. Humph. I shoot nasty looks at my INTJ dh over simple "yes/no" questions. My voice is HOARSE, hoarse, I tell you, because I never talk that much in such a short span. **knees wobble**
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I feel you here... I have a weak I but I still have my limits. When my limits crossed I get very irritable and just want to be alone. It's very taxing on me though... daily life when there is a lot of interaction. I'm just getting into college and I've been interacting with SO many people. When I get home I just want to be alone.

When I interact with people that I like my energy doesn't go down very much. It takes a while for me to get burnt out on my friends. But when I don't want the interaction it's bad and taxing.

So you have my sympathy... I know how you feel.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Thanks, BlackCat. I'm feeling slightly better today...but still not answering my phone.

MBTI
    INFP

Every introvert needs their batcave. I really dont know how married introverts manage it, especially if they're married to extroverts.

Smoking seems to be a good way to obtain periods of solitude. Increasingly so.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I married someone who was even more introverted than I...and promptly spawned the extrovert of the century. So much for that.

I can't do smoking. Maybe flatulence? Maybe I'll start a bean habit. "Excuse me, I'm going to go out and grab a fart."

MBTI
    ENFP

I can be social for a few days straight and then I need my downtime. Sometimes I just need a day where I don't do anything, just think. Then I'm recharged for more socializing and partying!

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm in need of more active time so I get used to it. I've been going days in a slouch and need a push. Not a hard one, I'll just kick, but a steady push.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I tend to need pushes, too, especially when I get caught in the doldrums.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Every introvert needs their batcave. I really dont know how married introverts manage it, especially if they're married to extroverts.

Smoking seems to be a good way to obtain periods of solitude. Increasingly so.
    Married people have batcaves. Married introverts encourage their extroverts to go out and socialize. You don't have to be around each other 24/7.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    I married someone who was even more introverted than I...and promptly spawned the extrovert of the century. So much for that.

I can't do smoking. Maybe flatulence? Maybe I'll start a bean habit. "Excuse me, I'm going to go out and grab a fart."
    ROFL!!!!!! THAT was funny.