• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] All peopled out.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
So, apparently, I've figured out how many people I can handle in a week before running screaming for the hills.

9 overnight house guests the weekend before the fourth, a 4 hour roadtrip with 7 people (4 of them under the age of 5) in the car on Monday, overnight at my folks on Mon, a giant gathering of friends and all their kids Tues, two overnight guests on Thurs, Four all day Friday and Saturday, and a completely different group of five on the night of the Fourth.

Somebody just shoot me in the head, now, s'il vous plait. :9436:

It was so much fun while everyone was here (well, towards the end, I was out of steam and cranky). And now, I'm wondering WHY I do this to myself...the first round of people would have done quite nicely. I just couldn't refuse anybody, because I wanted no one to feel hurt. Especially my grandparents this past weekend. Curse you empathetic, idealistic side!!:angry:

Annnd now that I'm "alone" (I have three fantastic kiddos), I don't even want to talk. At all. Humph. I shoot nasty looks at my INTJ dh over simple "yes/no" questions. :coffee: My voice is HOARSE, hoarse, I tell you, because I never talk that much in such a short span. :boohoo:**knees wobble**

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel you here... I have a weak I but I still have my limits. When my limits crossed I get very irritable and just want to be alone. It's very taxing on me though... daily life when there is a lot of interaction. I'm just getting into college and I've been interacting with SO many people. When I get home I just want to be alone.

When I interact with people that I like my energy doesn't go down very much. It takes a while for me to get burnt out on my friends. But when I don't want the interaction it's bad and taxing.

So you have my sympathy... I know how you feel. :hug:

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Thanks, BlackCat. :blush: I'm feeling slightly better today...but still not answering my phone. :coffee:

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Every introvert needs their batcave. I really dont know how married introverts manage it, especially if they're married to extroverts.

Smoking seems to be a good way to obtain periods of solitude. Increasingly so.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I married someone who was even more introverted than I...and promptly spawned the extrovert of the century. So much for that.:doh:

I can't do smoking. Maybe flatulence? Maybe I'll start a bean habit. "Excuse me, I'm going to go out and grab a fart."

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I can be social for a few days straight and then I need my downtime. Sometimes I just need a day where I don't do anything, just think. Then I'm recharged for more socializing and partying!

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I'm in need of more active time so I get used to it. I've been going days in a slouch and need a push. Not a hard one, I'll just kick, but a steady push.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I tend to need pushes, too, especially when I get caught in the doldrums.

Oddly Refined

Enneagram
Every introvert needs their batcave. I really dont know how married introverts manage it, especially if they're married to extroverts.

Smoking seems to be a good way to obtain periods of solitude. Increasingly so.

Married people have batcaves. Married introverts encourage their extroverts to go out and socialize. You don't have to be around each other 24/7.

segulah

MBTI Type
INFP
I married someone who was even more introverted than I...and promptly spawned the extrovert of the century. So much for that.:doh:

I can't do smoking. Maybe flatulence? Maybe I'll start a bean habit. "Excuse me, I'm going to go out and grab a fart."

ROFL!!!!!! THAT was funny. :nice:

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You should send all of the kids to a friend's house! :yes:

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I relate to the original post so much! You are definitely not alone!

I went to a party this past weekend, I think I talked to about 20+ people and I came home utterly drained. I'm trying to rebuild my social circle up, but doing it is exhausting I tell you! I'll come home after all the small talk and chit-chat at a party, in my car listening to music thinking "Ok wait, what just happened? What exactly did I gain from that?". I'm not what you would call shy, but I'm just not extroverted. I watch people at parties seemingly so content just to be surrounded by so many others and I wonder "What is THAT LIKE?". I'm 31 now and have thought that for so many years you'd think I'd get tired of it, but I still think it!

I've learned not to schedule too much after I go to a party or host a lot of people because nine times out of ten I will be agitated for a good two days following. I might have had a good time, but that much 'people stimulation' just blows my fragile leetle mind, hehe.

I am going to start using the term "All peopled out" now, I love it! :D