INTP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Revels in banishment. Check
    Dubious intent. Check
    Arrives uninvited. Check.
    Spurns the hosts. Check.
    Paranoid 1984 reference. Check.

Unripe xNTP?
    I don't know, I think the persecution complex thing is more NF style.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayflow View Post
    Well, I've been banned from the INTP forum and also the INFJ forums. Banned by "the last mohican" "silently honest" and some chick from Haight's INTP place that I forget her name. Since this is Haighties stuff, I have to think I will get banned here as well. What I am getting at is that I have not been able to freely express myself on these forums at all, and I consider that just wrong.
    Why is it wrong? Your freedom of speech only gives you a seller's table in the marketplace of ideas. It doesn't include an obligation for anyone to buy.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Why is it wrong? Your freedom of speech only gives you a seller's table in the marketplace of ideas. It doesn't include an obligation for anyone to buy.
    Of course it doesn't, but my point remains intact since I've been banned by these other forums and will likely be banned here as well. There is no seller's table for the banned, or the one's who can't even post links to their own forums without getting them deleted and threatened with banning. AS I said previously this is wrong and impedes on Freedom of personal speech.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Is this honestly how you are, Mayflow, or are you putting on an act for personal entertainment? If you're truly being yourself, you need help from someone. You're going to continue getting ousted wherever you go if you don't find someone to teach you some basic etiquette. I'm not always the easiest person to get along with, myself--tendencies toward stubborn self-righteousness and all that--but I'm lightyears ahead of you.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Of course it doesn't, but my point remains intact since I've been banned by these other forums and will likely be banned here as well. There is no seller's table for the banned, or the one's who can't even post links to their own forums without getting them deleted and threatened with banning. AS I said previously this is wrong and impedes on Freedom of personal speech.
    One could as easily say that you had a table and your bannings were the equivalent of no one buying - you have a right to speak, but no one has an obligation to listen. Regardless, there is no guarantee of freedom of speech in the private sector. You can say what you wish, but you are subject to the consequences. For instance, asserting that you should be able to say what you wish here without fear of banning is the same as asserting that you should be able to enter Haight's home and say anything you wanted.

Constitutionally guaranteed free speech as outlined in the First Amendment only protects your speech from supression by the government. You won't go to jail for what you say, but you're still subject to the consequences imposed by your fellow citizens, be they banning from an internet forum, social ostracization, or sanctions at your workplace.

So when you say it's "wrong" and "impedes your freedom of speech", that's a personal opinion that may or may not be shared with others here. It's not the law, and the moderators of a forum are not required to give you an audience.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Phantonym

Of course it doesn't, but my point remains intact since I've been banned by these other forums and will likely be banned here as well.
    Have you ever heard of clean slates? You have a choice on how you portray yourself.
    With that mindset, of course you're getting banned if you're setting yourself up for that.

There is no seller's table for the banned, or the one's who can't even post links to their own forums without getting them deleted and threatened with banning. AS I said previously this is wrong and impedes on Freedom of personal speech.
    You have the freedom of speech but what use does it have to you when nobody listens? Whining about it doesn't give you any respect. Respect has to be earned. Maybe you should listen before unleashing that freedom of speech of yours?

Banned
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    Is this honestly how you are, Mayflow, or are you putting on an act for personal entertainment? If you're truly being yourself, you need help from someone. You're going to continue getting ousted wherever you go if you don't find someone to teach you some basic etiquette. I'm not always the easiest person to get along with, myself--tendencies toward stubborn self-righteousness and all that--but I'm lightyears ahead of you.
    There are a LOT of more free-minded thinkers in the world, Nunki. There are myriads of places that will not oust me. That is not likely true of this place though. I am just being objective and going by the patterns of actions here.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Have you ever heard of clean slates? You have a choice on how you portray yourself.
    With that mindset, of course you're getting banned if you're setting yourself up for that.

You have the freedom of speech but what use does it have to you when nobody listens? Whining about it doesn't give you any respect. Respect has to be earned. Maybe you should listen before unleashing that freedom of speech of yours?
    Trust me. I know what I am doing. If I get banned here, that won't affect my swims to freedoms other shores. I am just plain bent on being free and giving this to everyone who wants it as well. I am pretty sure I can do this.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

There are a LOT of more free-minded thinkers in the world, Nunki. There are myriads of places that will not oust me. That is not likely true of this place though. I am just being objective and going by the patterns of actions here.
    Do you really want to be here, or are you trying to prove yourself? If you're trying to prove yourself, this is as fine a way as any. If you're trying to set in your roots, though, this is the equivalent of weedkiller.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INTj

THREAD MOVED FROM "Feedback."

The only official feedback that is needed from me with regard to this thread is:
    a/ We do not allow advertising on this site.
    b/ We do not allow duplicate accounts on this site.
    c/ Freedom on this site is relative to rules listed on the "FAQ" page.

Beyond that, it's a personal discussion regarding forums and why you get banned from them - I guess one could view it as a philosophical debate as well. Either way, it doesn't belong in Feedback.

Carry on, and good luck.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight