User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default INFP's and acting?

Do you think INFP's make good actors?

I'm an INFP and I love Drama, and intend to audition for an acting course at the end of school, and hopefully get employed on stage afterwards.

What advantages does the INFP type have in acting? What about disadvantages? And overall is it a good choice for them? Your opinion please!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I hope all the best for you in your endeavors.

Acting is a strange thing. With speeches and presentations and whatnot, I feel extremely uncomfortable in front of other people and I usually just mess up big time.
    However, with acting, it really isn't the case. Only time I may feel uncomfortable in that situation, is before and in between the plays, practicing lines and being guided. Once on stage, I feel comfortable. I love improvising especially.
    I haven't done any professional acting or anything, but some people have told me that I should. It is not very high on my list of potential career paths though.

I think INFPs would generally be able to portray very believable characters, or rather, becoming the characters.
    If you love drama, then definitely go for it. When you put your heart and mind to it, there's really nothing stopping you.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Any type can make a good actor. It doesn't matter what you are.

I personally excelled in drama class, but I didn't really take it any farther than that (I didn't want to). I found that it helped me be more vocal in general and speak up more in social situations.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Glycerine

Do what you want. Don't let type stop you. If you have a passion for it, then go for it. Yes, INFPs can make wonderful actors. Look at Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder. Johnny Depp, especially, is very versatile and definitely knows how to make his characters convincing.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I hope all the best for you in your endeavors.

Acting is a strange thing. With speeches and presentations and whatnot, I feel extremely uncomfortable in front of other people and I usually just mess up big time.
    However, with acting, it really isn't the case.
    Yeah, same here. It's funny- when you're acting I've found you can kind of hide behind the character, unlike public speaking, where it's just YOU, being judged and under pressure. I guess I love acting because it's my one way to be the centre of attention without feeling personally self conscious about it!

Any type can make a good actor. It doesn't matter what you are.
    Thanks for putting my mind at rest there. I started to think that it was a job made for a Sensor or an Extravert for some reason..

Do what you want. Don't let type stop you. If you have a passion for it, then go for it. Yes, INFPs can make wonderful actors. Look at Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder. Johnny Depp, especially, is very versatile and definitely knows how to make his characters convincing.
    Johnny Depp's an INFP?? I shall fear no more!

But yeah, becoming really good at anything requires lots of hard work and dedication, so my passion for it will help me there. And I don't know if this is an INFP trait or not, but once I have my mind set on something, no matter how out there or overly-optimistic, I am stubborn to let it go. We'll see how that goes!

Thanks everyone for your help! (note- that's not me ending the thread- keep the comments coming- if you have any that is).

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by souffle View Post
    Thanks for putting my mind at rest there. I started to think that it was a job made for a Sensor or an Extravert for some reason..
    It's less about E over I, or N over S, than it is about confidence and self esteem. Any type can have those qualities.

I know E types that would run in fear at acting infront of others because they lack the confidence in their abilities.

That's what you most need to maintain, your confidence.

Good luck, the world needs more Johnny depps.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

yeah i love acting, and i think im pretty good at it too, but i'd prefer acting for films as opposed to a drama production because it's a lot less unnerving :S

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

INFP's are naturals...go for it. I always regret not taking that path when I was younger, and I got into acting school. I made a deal with the devil (my mother), because for some reason that was the time she decided to acknowledge I was intellingent.
    It is something I regret deeply, so persue it if that's your hearts desire
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

<-- this guy was an INFP I'm pretty sure. Judging by his interviews, and what everybody had to say about him.

MBTI
    ENFP

I always loved drama and acting. Not sure if I was particularly good, but my creative side and passion moved me to love it. However in High School it was either drama or music. I chose music. Don't regret it for a second but would loved to have done both.