User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm a behind the scenes person, very uncomfortable with attention. I would allow my discomfort to get in the way of performing.

However, I could see an INFP being a good actor if he/she was not shy and not inhibited, which many introverts are not. The character part might be easy, what with our complex imaginations. It's simply a matter of translating what is in your head to something physically apparent, but that's the case with all art forms.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ

What about other NF's? INFJ's, ENFJ's, ENFP's? All NF's are known to have incredible imaginations, which means that we all can make damn good actors. Some acting books define talent as an actor simply having "a good imagination."

It seems like INFP actors end up being my favorites, in any case. Heath Ledger and Johnny Depp come to mind quickly.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by souffle View Post
    Do you think INFP's make good actors?

I'm an INFP and I love Drama, and intend to audition for an acting course at the end of school, and hopefully get employed on stage afterwards.

What advantages does the INFP type have in acting? What about disadvantages? And overall is it a good choice for them? Your opinion please!
    I was in every play and musical in my high school from freshmen to senior year, and i absolutely loved it. I was usually cast as something that required a lot of character acting. I was Trinculo in The Tempest, for instance. I also typically played old women.

i think the advantages are that it may be easy for you to become the character, it will come natural. The disadvantages for me personally was the fear of forgetting a line, and i took criticism from my directors VERY personally. It was hard for me to take it constructively, so if that is a problem for you, it might be hard to have a future in acting. I quit after high school, because i wanted to move on to something else that didn't make me so stressed out. Learning lines, lots of practice and lack of sleep and criticism made me tired.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Yes, criticism is harsh.

MBTI
    INFP

Just came back online after a few days and found a ton of more friendly, helpful comments! Thanks guys!

And yeah, criticism is a problem. But it's also a risk in the other things I love to do- writing, playing music, etc (I cringe fearfully whenever preparing to read a marking sheet for a story or music solo). I guess criticism is something that comes with all artistic pursuits! (But I wouldnt want to do anything else )

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

That is true. Criticism is inevitable. I'd say positive criticism more than makes up for the negative side though.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

My INFP boyfriend is an actor. Or at least WAS a child actor. He leans towards the writing side of things more heavily now. I think Fi can have a complex understanding of peoples' personal motivations and that can be a valuable asset when understanding a character and emoting as them.
    Anger is also a feeling.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

All the ( Visionary Types ) > any NF , the (ENFJ- Mentor) the (ENFP-Advocate) the (INFJ- Confidant) the (INFP- Dreamer)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

I get a bit self conscious .... it might be the most natural for ISFP's. Just a thought.
    "Imagination creates beauty, hope, magic, and happiness, which are everything in this world."

MBTI
    INFP

I just wanted to say, we're doing our big production of The Crucible tomorrow. The one I've been getting worked up about all year with my F driven obsessiveness. I demand you all wish me good luck!

Some more thoughts about INFP's with acting; do you think our Si and/or Te would help with learning lines? I seem to be quite good at this; and when we have to shorten to script by taking bits out (especially from my monologues), it drives me crazy, as I get used to, even attached to, the exact order of the scene/monologue, how this line leads to that line which then sets things up for the next bit, etc. And while I can recite my lines perfectly when everyone else says their lines right, if someone says a misplaced line, I'm a bit thrown off. Improvising is also not my forte. I am more comfortable acting out my perfectly memorised, exactly ordered scenes, and then in that familiar framework, emoting with my good ol' Fi!