• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What do you like about being an NF ?

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Because NF's like me show other people that a person CAN be smart and nice, unlike their apparent previous experiences with various NT(J)'s! People have said the first half of that to me more than a few times.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
We're feeling, so people think we're friendly. We're not always friendly, but the feeling part makes people think that. And that is why people want to become friends with us.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hm... whether it feels nice to be an F is a hilariously paradoxical question and one that I can't answer very well because... it would require me stepping out of myself and "feeling" wether I like it or not from another standpoint of feeling that feels differently from the way I feel.

...I'm only human.

But I would like to know what its like be an NT. Either INTP or INTJ. ENTPs... kind of remind me of that overexcitable guy from mythbusters. My pride would prevent me from ever becoming anything like that... ENTJ, meh.. don't like their corporate vibe.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Aside from getting to be a "unique snowflake", I love being an NF for the perspective I have on people... and on myself specifically. It's an awareness that I can't recognize in anyone else close to me... and this awareness makes me fiercely individual despite things like tradition and peer pressure. It also gives me a personal drive to become the best me I can possibly become. That constant desire for self-improvement and deep creative expression truly enriches my life. It's a feeling that I have put before romantic love or wealth and it's really beyond description.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like being a holistic thinker who takes everything into account when solving a problem. It is also helpful to glimpse a wide range of perspectives and to get a feel for a variety of motivations from people. When viewing people from a distance it makes them far less threatening to understand the kinds of internal dynamics that motivate aggression.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Ohh I so feel the same way, but over the last year or so I've come to enjoy it. Also partially by being here, and seeing that I am in fact not alone in this matter :)
And maybe it's rather patronizing to say this, but I've also learned that people are..well just people. They have their strengths as I have mine, and most of them just aren't as aware of what the consequences of their actions are for other people. Doesn't mean they're malicious or mean you any harm. It just means that they don't get you and...it's not their main interest in life to actually get you, so it's something they don't bother with. Took me a long time to see that and actually accept it. These days, I just try to see who it is I'm dealing with and realize that their actions are most likely not specifically directed at me, and if they are, that it has probably more to do with them and how they view the world than who I am. So if they experience me as weird, then I can live with that just fine and perfectly understand why it is that they do :)

Then, all the INTP's wonder why you don't want to deport them.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why would I want that? They're like one of my fav toys :D

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
I like having a vivid imagination. It's very handy to be able to sit in an empty room for hours and never get bored.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
The 49% there is of it....i like the motivation it gives me to (in a small way) help maintain some kind dignity out there in public by showing examples of conscientiousness through subtle actions such as i mentioned about what i'll do to rude creeps at wallmart who treat others like shit by cutting off old ladies and poor Mexicans under the pseudo-guise of *sorry, i didn't even know you were there*. These rude things usually never happen to me because of my conscientious awareness that has developed strategies over time, which somewhere along the line, became masterful at circumventing even the "subconscious" actions of said rude jackasses. However, when i do witness unconscientious actions, i will then strategize human created karma....you know...what goes around, comes around. Like i've mentioned, Fi is a strategist:)

Sure, one could wonder *is this Fe?*....No. i really couldn't give a rats ass about old ladies or the lesser standings on the food chain. It's more of unconscientiousness is a virus which can spread rapidly. After all, who really experiences or witnesses too many major violations of individual sovereignty? It's all the little things that add up to one big disenfranchisement.

.......*i know why people hate Sarah Palin with absolutely no good reason....she parts her hair on the right*

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, still trying to figure that out...

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Why would I want that? They're like one of my fav toys :D

Exactly, we're toys. Throw us away when we've lost our novelty.
The one toy that never loses its favor has to be your pocket rocket :devil:.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I consider us to be the canaries in the coalmine...we can alert people to injustices and because the feelings are so overwhelming one has to act, hopefully creating some change in the world, no matter how small.

Being infused with such depth of emotions (joy and grief) means I never forget my connections to all people.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
To the OP:

I just like being me.
It's not so much about being NF or ENFP.
It's just that I'm comfortable with myself with my faults and with the good sides of myself.

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
Beats me. I agree that we're the least practical type and it does sometimes make me wonder what we can contribute in this world. Lemme know when you figure it out :D

same here..
i'm also really having a hard time with this thoughts lately..
I knew that what I want to contribute is definitely my Artworks, ie: Music compositions,
but again I'm not sure of how many people would be able to appreciate it fully
it makes me kinda scared.

btw, Amargith,
I really like your signature! :D
where did you get that, if I may know?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Exactly, we're toys. Throw us away when we've lost our novelty.
The one toy that never loses its favor has to be your pocket rocket :devil:.

Oh I'm quite fond of my toys though I do keep a lot of em for variety, so no I don't toss 'em out with the trash *ignores other statement*

same here..
i'm also really having a hard time with this thoughts lately..
I knew that what I want to contribute is definitely my Artworks, ie: Music compositions,
but again I'm not sure of how many people would be able to appreciate it fully
it makes me kinda scared.

btw, Amargith,
I really like your signature! :D
where did you get that, if I may know?

It's a bumpersticker, and a pagan one at that :D
There's also others like: "I break for leprichauns, dragons, pixies and other invisible creatures only I can see" and " If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I aint going!" When I was in college/high school I put them on my folders and papers to keep me from falling asleep, along with other inspirational stuff like hot guys, beautiful drawings etc :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The things I like about myself, that I associate with being an NF:

- Creativity and artistic ability
- Huge imagination
- High morals and strong integrity