User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yeah. Fi and Fe are the same process, but sort of backwards of each other I've noticed. It's the same way with the other functions too.
    This doesn't seem Fe/Fi to be though. It's more of an empathy thing and how egocentonic one is.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    But there has to be a designation for the friend who stands by and helps and the friend who is so afraid to even hear about someone else feeling sick they can't even call you. So hence my term true friend.
    If that was the purpose of your distinction... then it was well made.

I am not a true friend, because I fall into the other category (what is that one named, by the way?). You acknowledge that there IS another category, which I think is good.

Sorry for all the venom earlier, then.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I am not a true friend, because I fall into the other category (what is that one named, by the way?).
    I'd like to call them the summer soldier or the sunshine patriot.

/dramatic revolutionary comparisons

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    She also doesn't seem to get simple rules of friendship that are to me clear as day. For example I broke my foot last year and had to spend a lot of time at home and though I told her about my accident via email pretty soon and she lived just twenty minutes walk from my flat it didn't occur to her at all to pay me a visit during these weeks. I know that if my good friend had an accident and was homebound I would be over there in a flash to cheer her up.
    Did you ever ask her to come over, or are you just assuming that any reasonable person would think of doing so? Because, uh, I don't see why that in itself merits special attention. If I were injured, the last thing I'd want is people imposing themselves on me, trying to make me feel better. Since, you know, there's nothing for them to do. If I want the attention, I'll ask for it.

MBTI
    infp

In a way there is an element of selfishness to Fi. It's more in the sense of "this is what I like and who I am and I don't care what you think" than the "I want THAT" kind of sense. I have selfish qualities in that ultimately if I want to do or believe something, I'll completely ignore my friend's opinions and inputs and only value my own if thats what it's worth to me. If I like a girl my friends don't really approve of, fuck em. If I like music my friends make fun of, fuck em. That kind of thing.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    If that was the purpose of your distinction... then it was well made.

I am not a true friend, because I fall into the other category (what is that one named, by the way?). You acknowledge that there IS another category, which I think is good.

Sorry for all the venom earlier, then.
    You are an internet friend. I don't expect more than words from you. It's a different world and a different kind of relation. We have more freedom here and less responsibility.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I'd like to call them the summer soldier or the sunshine patriot.

/dramatic revolutionary comparisons
    I would call them acquaintances and they can be fun and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    Did you ever ask her to come over, or are you just assuming that any reasonable person would think of doing so? Because, uh, I don't see why that in itself merits special attention. If I were injured, the last thing I'd want is people imposing themselves on me, trying to make me feel better. Since, you know, there's nothing for them to do. If I want the attention, I'll ask for it.
    There's a middle ground between pressing help on some poor soul and being unresponsive. If someone truly cares about their friend or family member, it seems good to just say "hey, if you need help, let me know I am here for you" or "do you want some company or are you feeling too tired." There, one gave the other side a ready made way out "Oh I am so tired, but thank you for asking."

Or if the sick person doesn't want any contact at all, that's why answering machines were created.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I would call them acquaintances and they can be fun and interesting.
    Um, yeah. That too. See post #70, sentence 2 for the undramatic LA version

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Or if the sick person doesn't want any contact at all, that's why answering machines were created.
    The fuck? Now it's the injured person's responsibility to turn away unwanted attention? The more miserable I feel, the less I want people to fuss over me. Just treat me normally and it's all fine.

This scenario just sounds like a matter of the "friend" wanting to make herself feel important.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    The fuck? Now it's the injured person's responsibility to turn away unwanted attention?
    Well, I don't imagine a person with this sort of 'tude has a horde of people calling begging to give them help to begin with and I think folks already have an inkling who these people are in their lives anyway.