Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    bipolar is extreme highs and lows though right? do you have highs? or am i thinking of manic depressive?
    bipolar disorder is manic depressive, and there are different types. people with bipolar 2 (as mentioned in the OP) don't actually ever become completely manic. they can have a couple of hypomanic episodes where they appear extremely social or more energetic than normal, but hypomania is frequently ignored as it rarely causes the problems of full blown mania.

a person with bipolar disorder can also have something called "mixed episodes" where they are extremely depressed, but it can be a very high-strung screaming, sobbing depression, or have other forms of mania mixed with depression.

hypomania,mania, and mixed episodes can include racing thoughts, which is what sabasitious may be experiencing at the moment in the form of all of these people coming in at once with overwhelming emotions. sebastious also mentioned having several "episodes" a month - bipolar disorder can be intensely episodic and easily triggered when untreated

As I said, I am not a licenced psychitrist, but this very well could be bipolar disorder. Or maybe not, which is why I suggested professional evaluation.

MBTI
    INFP

Ehh, bipolar is tricky. From what I understand, "highs" can also be periods of extreme agitation, or you can have times when you feel both high and low at the same time. There are also some people who have long periods of highs and lows and others who have rapid cycling. The variations make the whole thing really complicated to assess without professional assistance, in my opinion. Even professionals misdiagnose people sometimes. Ack.

What about meds? If a professional diagnosed you with bipolar 2, did you try the meds to see if they helped?

Edit: Marmalade.sunrise, we must have posted at the same time. Sorry about the repeated info.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    bipolar is extreme highs and lows though right? do you have highs? or am i thinking of manic depressive?
    Bi Polar 2 is more depresseive than manic. But I definitly have my manic sides. Where I can't stop laughing, or in situations blurt out every funny observation I have. It's more hyopmania than mania. I think i am bi polar also.

To give some backstory I was formally diagnosed BPD2 4.5 years ago. I had been taking meds for the first 4 years after the diagnosis, all to no avail and the side affects were crippelling.

It is HARD to find a doctor that can spend some time with you if you don't have good, or any, insurance.

MBTI
    INFP

If the meds aren't helping, it's definitely worth pounding their doors down to see what else they can do for you. Have you talked to them about switching medications or re-evaluating since your original diagnosis?

Also ... I'm just throwing this out there, but you may be experiencing a really emotionally crippling and difficult period in your life that might have nothing to do with mental disorders. I know it's hard to tell, and that's what you're working through, but one of the things you might discuss with your therapist is strategies for mentally getting yourself through/past these triggering episodes. I've had a lot of success with breathing techniques, visualization, etc. I know it sounds weird, but it might be worth seeing if something like that can help in a way that medication might not.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh okay than disregard my initial drivel...if you indeed have a hormonal imbalance then it sounds like you just need to try and find some state help if necessary to get the right medication. i'm so sorry you're having a hard time.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Has the OP considered demon attack?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Has the OP considered demon attack?
    If you are refering to the super-natrual. I don't believe in that type of thing.