User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Ok here goes, what prompted the thread.

I mouth the usual politically correct words like 'how are you?', 'good morning' but in a diffident manner - no smile whatsoever, matter of factly, cold and business-like - and I no longer WASTE my care and concern on the person being treated/mistreated in this way. Past the point of caring... And for me, past the point of caring = past the point of sharing (my life, my time, my money, my passions, interests etc).

If the person has been manipulative, it's even worse, I can even never return a greeting. Rude, yea! You bet.

Then, some day, I discover that I can still feel sorry for some person who has been doorslammed emotionally like that. And I will make the effort and ask sincerely after the person's health, offer tea and biscuits (it's a social setting, NOT my home and there is tea and biscuits around) and inquire after this and that. BUT, there is STILL this big sign over my face that says, 'NO MORE trespassing'... Complicated, *sigh*...

So am I going "cold and calculatingly efficient and evil INTJ, MUHAHAHA"??? I LIKE INTJ, mind you and I don't think of them as 'evil'...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    [IMG]
    Is the INFJ the water or the person...or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Immaculate Cloud View Post
    Ok here goes, what prompted the thread.

I mouth the usual politically correct words like 'how are you?', 'good morning' but in a diffident manner - no smile whatsoever, matter of factly, cold and business-like - and I no longer WASTE my care and concern on the person being treated/mistreated in this way. Past the point of caring... And for me, past the point of caring = past the point of sharing (my life, my time, my money, my passions, interests etc).
    I don't even greet people on a daily basis...up your INFJ "not caring" game

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Irrevocable things happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Is the INFJ the water or the person...or both?

Ding - ding - ding! INFJ attacks are like bee stings. We cannot seriously wound you without disemboweling ourselves.

And this.
    Last edited by iwakar; 07-03-2009 at 04:15 AM. Reason: And
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well... here's one example of an evil FJ. Though they might be ExFJ.

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Qd5JyR1l8"]Mithos[/youtube]

Context: Mithos and Martel are beings called "half-elves," a cross-breed between humans and elves. They're typically disliked and mistreated by both humans and elves. Mithos went a bit too far in creating a world where half-elves would be accepted. And in reviving his sister, Martel.

Let's just say he manipulated the nature of reality in such a way that several suffered and died for thousands of years in order to make things such that what he needed to facilitate the revival came into being.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I don't even greet people on a daily basis...up your INFJ "not caring" game
    I do but I don't say it out loud

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

When we don't care, it means that any hope of changing the situation has changed. It's takes an awful lot to get to that place. We're not even angry at that point. The other person simply is no longer part of our world.

MBTI
    XNFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Immaculate Cloud View Post

If the person has been manipulative, it's even worse, I can even never return a greeting. Rude, yea! You bet.

Then, some day, I discover that I can still feel sorry for some person who has been doorslammed emotionally like that. And I will make the effort and ask sincerely after the person's health, offer tea and biscuits (it's a social setting, NOT my home and there is tea and biscuits around) and inquire after this and that. BUT, there is STILL this big sign over my face that says, 'NO MORE trespassing'... Complicated, *sigh*...
    Yep, this sounds like me. And the bee sting metaphor rings true. It does take a *long time* to get to that point, and once I get there, there is no going back.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Cover your boy bits and run. ;OP
    I think I think more than you think I think.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Mode of extreme irritability. Unless you want your head chewed off, back off. Do not attempt to talk to me, especially not small talk. The first warning is the cold shoulder, then I get progressively more nasty. Verbally of course, I'm not emotional at that stage. No flying projectiles either.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    When we don't care, it means that any hope of changing the situation has changed. It's takes an awful lot to get to that place. We're not even angry at that point. The other person simply is no longer part of our world.
    Very true. We are just cold and calculating at this point and if any caring emotion towards the wrongdoer trys to creep in we just replay in our head all the instances when the doorslammed person has wronged us and come to the rational conclusion: "Not worth it. I am not going to go there again."