User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default I am not impressed with your performance.

I feel like I'm not really impressed by a lot of things around me. I know things a lot so I don't encounter new information often, and when I do, I find it rather hard to be interested in.

Any other NFs/ENFJ's feel like this? I read somewhere that ENFJ's are not easily excited. I agree.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I think they pick what they get excited about.

What is the subject matter you talk about when you talk about not being impressed? Is it people? Artwork? There are different ways to go with this.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    epic

oh jonathon, y r u so great? let's be confidantes.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Usually when something I like isn't mentioned or I'm not being taught something new and useful. I get bored. I like to benefit from what I hear, perhaps I am lacking ways to benefit from what I hear instead.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Ah, that may be it. That isn't not being impressed, that is not having things to impress you.

What situations would you mean by 'something I like isn't mentioned'?
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFJ

just small talk i guess. an old friend came up to me and was ecstatically speaking to me about transformers II. I was just like yea, i didnt think it was as good as the first one. i thought that, didnt say it. but yea i just wasn't really caring.

Senior Member The Grand Chameleon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanthegreat View Post
    Usually when something I like isn't mentioned or I'm not being taught something new and useful. I get bored. I like to benefit from what I hear, perhaps I am lacking ways to benefit from what I hear instead.
    In those situations, I tend to focus on the speaker more than the content of the words. Why is the speaker dressed the way he/she is? How does he/she carry herself? What can I deduce based on what he/she presents?

Though it is dangerous to do such thinking if you are the only member of the audience, it certainly does make the conversation more interesting. And when you've obtained some interest in the speaker, the content is easier to listen to.

Whoops, I made the assumption that someone was physically speaking to you. If it is just, "the conceptual" which fails to catch your interest, then I too fall prey to this phenomena.
    "In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces."

MBTI
    epic

an old friend came up to me and was ecstatically speaking to me about transformers II. I was just like yea, i didnt think it was as good as the first one.

and here i was thinking you'd actually say something interesting. this really isn't worth bragging about.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

I get pretty excited about everything or at least interested. Life's to awesome to be apathetic about it!
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

MBTI
    INTJ

I feel like I'm not really impressed by a lot of things around me. I know things a lot so I don't encounter new information often, and when I do, I find it rather hard to be interested in.
    This amounts to being "leader", doesn't it. It's you who chooses what's interesting and not, what gets talked about and what doesn't.

Holla back, Ni.