• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] I am not impressed with your performance.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I feel like I'm not really impressed by a lot of things around me. I know things a lot so I don't encounter new information often, and when I do, I find it rather hard to be interested in.

Any other NFs/ENFJ's feel like this? I read somewhere that ENFJ's are not easily excited. I agree.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I think they pick what they get excited about.

What is the subject matter you talk about when you talk about not being impressed? Is it people? Artwork? There are different ways to go with this.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
oh jonathon, y r u so great? let's be confidantes. :D

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Usually when something I like isn't mentioned or I'm not being taught something new and useful. I get bored. I like to benefit from what I hear, perhaps I am lacking ways to benefit from what I hear instead.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Ah, that may be it. That isn't not being impressed, that is not having things to impress you.

What situations would you mean by 'something I like isn't mentioned'?

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
just small talk i guess. an old friend came up to me and was ecstatically speaking to me about transformers II. I was just like yea, i didnt think it was as good as the first one. i thought that, didnt say it. but yea i just wasn't really caring.

The Grand Chameleon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Usually when something I like isn't mentioned or I'm not being taught something new and useful. I get bored. I like to benefit from what I hear, perhaps I am lacking ways to benefit from what I hear instead.

In those situations, I tend to focus on the speaker more than the content of the words. Why is the speaker dressed the way he/she is? How does he/she carry herself? What can I deduce based on what he/she presents?

Though it is dangerous to do such thinking if you are the only member of the audience, it certainly does make the conversation more interesting. And when you've obtained some interest in the speaker, the content is easier to listen to.

Whoops, I made the assumption that someone was physically speaking to you. If it is just, "the conceptual" which fails to catch your interest, then I too fall prey to this phenomena.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
an old friend came up to me and was ecstatically speaking to me about transformers II. I was just like yea, i didnt think it was as good as the first one.

and here i was thinking you'd actually say something interesting. this really isn't worth bragging about.

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I get pretty excited about everything or at least interested. Life's to awesome to be apathetic about it!

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I feel like I'm not really impressed by a lot of things around me. I know things a lot so I don't encounter new information often, and when I do, I find it rather hard to be interested in.

This amounts to being "leader", doesn't it. It's you who chooses what's interesting and not, what gets talked about and what doesn't.

Holla back, Ni.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
and here i was thinking you'd actually say something interesting. this really isn't worth bragging about.

Lucky for me your post interested me enough to reply and say that I don't care what you deem worthy of "bragging" :hug:

This amounts to being "leader", doesn't it. It's you who chooses what's interesting and not, what gets talked about and what doesn't.

Holla back, Ni.

I think you are correct sir, throughout my 23 years of being alive on this Earth I've been told numerous times that I am a "leader".

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
You need other people to entertain you man?? That's lame.

P

Phantonym

I get bored pretty easily. I don't mean that people have to be my personal clowns but small talk is something I can't stand very easily and I get bored if I'm not that into talking about serious stuff with people at that particular moment.

In those situations, I tend to focus on the speaker more than the content of the words. Why is the speaker dressed the way he/she is? How does he/she carry herself? What can I deduce based on what he/she presents?

Haha. Yes, I do that too. I've had a "conversation" with a person for two hours with her talking her head off and me watching, smiling and nodding while my mind is wondering around wherever.

It sounds exactly like Charlie Brown and the teacher speaking.

I do, however, feel that I have to make a conscious effort to actually listen to the person. But it can be difficult sometimes.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yeah, I feel the same way most of the time. It's like a "tell me something I don't know" type of thing.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get pretty excited about everything or at least interested. Life's to awesome to be apathetic about it!

Same here. Or at least if I feel like something is draining me mentally, I'll go in search of something that's new and different, you know, make an active search for stimulation.

I could always find something of note in most anything, except for this ONE class I had to take - it was a humanities class, subject: the history of technology. I thought that sounded a bit broad but very interesting, and since I was required to take it, I didn't think it would be a bad thing.

I was so wrong.

The woman they hired to teach it was awful, the subject matter was so stupid and watered down that for the first time in school, I felt like I was losing IQ points. Most of us felt that way about the class - my buddies from the garage fell asleep (most likely as a defensive measure to protect their brains - though one of them drawled in confusion, "WTH is this?!") The only reason I made it through that class without setting a fire just for some action was my eNTP punk friend who kept winking/nodding at me across the room, raising his hand and running the teacher in circles with silly questions.

I owe him my cognitive function.

Yeah, I feel the same way most of the time. It's like a "tell me something I don't know" type of thing.

I love to learn new things! My mom brought home some crazy books from the college library. They're clearing out old books (1920s- 80s), and some of the titles were strange but interesting, like "The Social Scene of Small Urban Spaces". Also, some dusty old thing called "The Age of Invention". And a very very bad historical novel (Mom got it because it looked terrible, and apparently Mom and I share a love for really bad unreadable literature. ahah!)

That's what she said.

Quiet, you! :D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought this was about people sucking at getting something done. I typically don't get concerned with discussions and drift if they bore me. This reminds me, I haven't checked the updates on discovered planets in a while...

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
"GRRR! ME EJ! ME ALPHA! ME DECIDES WHO LIVES OR DIES! ENTERTAIN ME OR SUFFER ME BLATHERING ABOUT HOW I AM IN CHARGE UNTIL HEAD EXPLODES!"