User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFJ

Japan has two totally different faces. There's the business-minded part... the work ethic, the strict politeness that you are hit with whenever you enter a store. The desire for schedule, efficiency, and perfection following a very logical path.

Then, as we see through their entertainment world, many fight off that stigma. The utterly ridiculous nature of their variety shows depicts an extreme opposite that is probably created out of necessity. Gut-busting, no seriousness at all humor, so that the masses can feel a little less suicidal (man the suicide rate of Tokyo is ridiculous). Also, a more intentional reaction to the world of strict logic, can be found in what the writers of Japan produce. If only based on anime, you can find that most of their anime/manga go in the other direction, obsessed with the strength of willpower and thinking with the heart first over the logical route. Hell, jumping in head first is GLORIFIED in Gurren Lagann to the point where the only competent person in government is vilified for not "BELIEVING" in blind willpower.

The whole country is at odds with each other on what they really want to believe in. Perhaps there'll be a change once the younger generation becomes the older generation. Or they'll just escape using the same means the older generation does... after-work drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    and Slavs and ENFPs seem to have a mystical connection with each other.
    I'n curious - what do you nean by this?

Sniffles

I do admire many aspects of traditional Japanese culture, especially its warrior ethos of Bushido. As for its popular culture, I have absolutely no interest in that. I really don't understand the fascination with Anime/Magna/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    I'n curious - what do you nean by this?
    It's just a personal observation of mine, plus I often hear from ENFPs of their fascination with certain Slavic cultures - Russia in particular.

MBTI
    ?

France as an INFJ country? If you mean the reality of France - can't say, never been. If you mean the image of France - I certainly hope not. They seem so... so... dramatic and self-indulgent? Besides, I see them as far more P than J anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post

It's just a personal observation of mine, plus I often hear from ENFPs of their fascination with certain Slavic cultures - Russia in particular.
    ha ha, really? ... lol, i always had fascination with Russia.. and sone other Slavic cultures

MBTI
    ?

No fair. I kinda want Russia!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

wow you guys totally misinterpreted what I said... you make it sound like I said france is dominated with infj's. Lets not get the facts twisted, infjs are really rare, no matter where in the world, but I think it was maybe like 4% or something in france, which is unusual considering it should be around 1%.And everywhere in the world, it's going to be S dominated, or SJ dominated, the existence of governments relfects this There are more NTs in the US and Japan than africa or thrid world countries, which is kind of reflected in their culture by their technological advancements.

All I'm saying is when there are higher concentrations of rare types in countries, the culture seems to change.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    wow you guys totally misinterpreted what I said... you make it sound like I said france is dominated with infj's. Lets not get the facts twisted, infjs are really rare, no matter where in the world, but I think it was maybe like 4% or something in france, which is unusual considering it should be around 1%.And everywhere in the world, it's going to be S dominated, or SJ dominated, the existence of governments relfects this There are more NTs in the US and Japan than africa or thrid world countries, which is kind of reflected in their culture by their technological advancements.

All I'm saying is when there are higher concentrations of rare types in countries, the culture seems to change.
    Where did you get statistics on the types in various countries?

MBTI
    INTJ

I've lived in France, and studied there, and I think INFJ is almost bang on. Definitely INXX there anyway. There also seem to be a lot of INTPs and INTJs there. I was surprised how 'introverted' and private people were - everyone always makes out that France is the antithesis of England's reserved character. It can take you a while to get in with them if you're not 'like them'.
    It's definitely not an S place, still less an SJ place - which is probably why most of my friends there were German, and why I was forever tearing my hair out about the excessive and yet inefficient bureaucracy at every corner.
    I do love it though. France made me more chilled out.