• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] France and INFJs

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
My INFJ roomate is in France RIGHT NOW. She left two days ago.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yeah the French tradition of third rate pseudo-intellectualism sucks too. Shame, since France has prodouced some very very remarkable minds.

Coming from a fanboy half wit, it means so much to me.

S

Sniffles

Coming from a fanboy half wit, it means so much to me.

Awww....did I hit you in a soft spot?

weeping.jpg

There there....it'll be alright.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Awww....did I hit you in a soft spot?

weeping.jpg

There there....it'll be alright.

Oh no, i don't have such a thing. Ur just boring. and short sighted. It's like, exponential growth of boredom. Quite mind boggling, if it wasn't that dull i mean.

You can't begin to understand me you know, so I doubt you could find my soft spots, or any spot at all, even if you tried.

carry on.

S

Sniffles

Oh no, i don't have such a thing. Ur just boring. and short sighted. It's like, exponential growth of boredom. Quite mind boggling, if it wasn't that dull i mean.

You can't begin to understand me you know, so I doubt you could find my soft spots, or any spot at all, even if you tried.

carry on.

He who boasts is most afraid. Now run along you harmless Care Bear.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
ENTPs are most interesting when you ignore them. Then their Ne rages to find some way to get your attention. Forums are the best, because then they can't (easily) find and affect you physically.

There was a foreign exchange student from France a couple years ago, I think he was an INFJ of some kind. I'm not totally sure.

Japan seems to be more ENFP to me. The zany pop-culture with the supermystic flipside seems to resonate with ENFPs. Not to mention, ENFPs and INFJs are similar in outlook, but INFJs are mystic first, zany later. ENFPs are vice versa IME. Of course, there are exceptions. Every person is one, after all.

I have an INFJ friend who adores the spiritual side of Japan and an ENFP friend who is an anime freak (or Otaku).

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Japan! Hell yes!
Nintendoland is the motherland!
Giant robots, bizarre fetishes, twisted fantasies and habits .. and its all very fast-paced, highly androgynous and shiny.

Most of what comes out of that place is pure WTF.

I identify already ._.
I wanna go home.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
There is an unusual amount of infjs in France that sentence alone deserves the noble prize :D

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Japan seems ISTJ to me. The work ethic, their obsession with timetables and orderliness, the cultural timidity . . . not at all ENFP!

sade

^ I think ISFJ would be a better fit for Japan. The popular culture is a whole other thing, that could be ENFP. *shrug*
For the general air of politeness and expressing of emotion. Honne and tatemae consepts too. What I find linking to F is the social obigations, overall niceness and avoiding conflict. The way the tatemae is expressed. Somehow the ISFJ seems like a better fit than ISTJ, despite them feeling the social obligations also. There is the possiblity that I find that difference in social obligations because I live in a pretty ISTJ-ish country and Japan just felt and worked different in that sense.. In work world a more Te orientated environment would try to seek for more efficiency, despite tradition. What I mean is: spending 12 hours at work, mostly smoking and avoiding being of inconveniance to others isn't very productive.

France.. I got nothing on that.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Japan has two totally different faces. There's the business-minded part... the work ethic, the strict politeness that you are hit with whenever you enter a store. The desire for schedule, efficiency, and perfection following a very logical path.

Then, as we see through their entertainment world, many fight off that stigma. The utterly ridiculous nature of their variety shows depicts an extreme opposite that is probably created out of necessity. Gut-busting, no seriousness at all humor, so that the masses can feel a little less suicidal (man the suicide rate of Tokyo is ridiculous). Also, a more intentional reaction to the world of strict logic, can be found in what the writers of Japan produce. If only based on anime, you can find that most of their anime/manga go in the other direction, obsessed with the strength of willpower and thinking with the heart first over the logical route. Hell, jumping in head first is GLORIFIED in Gurren Lagann to the point where the only competent person in government is vilified for not "BELIEVING" in blind willpower.

The whole country is at odds with each other on what they really want to believe in. Perhaps there'll be a change once the younger generation becomes the older generation. Or they'll just escape using the same means the older generation does... after-work drinking. :)

S

Sniffles

I do admire many aspects of traditional Japanese culture, especially its warrior ethos of Bushido. As for its popular culture, I have absolutely no interest in that. I really don't understand the fascination with Anime/Magna/whatever.

I'n curious - what do you nean by this?

It's just a personal observation of mine, plus I often hear from ENFPs of their fascination with certain Slavic cultures - Russia in particular.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
France as an INFJ country? If you mean the reality of France - can't say, never been. If you mean the image of France - I certainly hope not. They seem so... so... dramatic and self-indulgent? Besides, I see them as far more P than J anyway.

Chloe

It's just a personal observation of mine, plus I often hear from ENFPs of their fascination with certain Slavic cultures - Russia in particular.

ha ha, really? ... lol, i always had fascination with Russia.. :shock: and sone other Slavic cultures

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
wow you guys totally misinterpreted what I said... you make it sound like I said france is dominated with infj's. Lets not get the facts twisted, infjs are really rare, no matter where in the world, but I think it was maybe like 4% or something in france, which is unusual considering it should be around 1%.And everywhere in the world, it's going to be S dominated, or SJ dominated, the existence of governments relfects this:ranting: There are more NTs in the US and Japan than africa or thrid world countries, which is kind of reflected in their culture by their technological advancements.

All I'm saying is when there are higher concentrations of rare types in countries, the culture seems to change.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow you guys totally misinterpreted what I said... you make it sound like I said france is dominated with infj's. Lets not get the facts twisted, infjs are really rare, no matter where in the world, but I think it was maybe like 4% or something in france, which is unusual considering it should be around 1%.And everywhere in the world, it's going to be S dominated, or SJ dominated, the existence of governments relfects this:ranting: There are more NTs in the US and Japan than africa or thrid world countries, which is kind of reflected in their culture by their technological advancements.

All I'm saying is when there are higher concentrations of rare types in countries, the culture seems to change.

Where did you get statistics on the types in various countries?

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've lived in France, and studied there, and I think INFJ is almost bang on. Definitely INXX there anyway. There also seem to be a lot of INTPs and INTJs there. I was surprised how 'introverted' and private people were - everyone always makes out that France is the antithesis of England's reserved character. It can take you a while to get in with them if you're not 'like them'.
It's definitely not an S place, still less an SJ place - which is probably why most of my friends there were German, and why I was forever tearing my hair out about the excessive and yet inefficient bureaucracy at every corner.
I do love it though. France made me more chilled out.