User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Hell yeah. I am unpredictable enough for the both of us. I notice that when I'm with another ENFP. It's utter fun but after a while we're likely to start hyperventilating and trancing or something and floating all over the place. I need someone willing to withstand the waves of my Fi and function as my rock in times of turbulance. It makes me feel safe

On the other hand, he cannot be so predictable and stuck to routine that he restricts my freedom and doesn't allow me to go completely bonkers. I can understand that need, but I'm just not build that way. Someone who wants to be entertained, pulled out of their shell and looks to me for crazy antics, while being able to keep his head about him is perfect
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Hell yeah. I am unpredictable enough for the both of us. I notice that when I'm with another ENFP. It's utter fun but after a while we're likely to start hyperventilating and trancing or something and floating all over the place.

This actually doesn't seem too farfetched.

I wonder if this is a personal preference or if it tends to be the younger ENFPs who like unpredictability in their partners.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post

This actually doesn't seem too farfetched.

I wonder if this is a personal preference or if it tends to be the younger ENFPs who like unpredictability in their partners.
    I think this can be true for most types. When you're younger you tend to look for identification and understanding in romantic partners, once you round yourself out a tad people may start to branch out?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I think this can be true for most types. When you're younger you tend to look for identification and understanding in romantic partners, once you round yourself out a tad people may start to branch out?
    Right, this does seem like it could be a trend. Although I don't think I'll ever be old enough to consider my opposite type the "perfect match."

P.S. Your profile pic...!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Right, this does seem like it could be a trend. Although I don't think I'll ever be old enough to consider my opposite type the "perfect match."

P.S. Your profile pic...!
    Well doesn't have to be completely opposite. I'm with my ESTJ and she kicks ass, though I think a lot of it has to do with me liking strong women.

As for the profile pic, Milo had it coming. He was a dick all weekend.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Honesty, Consistency, Intimacy, Depth, Romance, I usually am more interested in deeper and more serious relationships than most people..I mean..uh..

Sex, getting action, parties, the money involved, sex..you know..what most people are into.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i think it has to do with two main things.

7w6 or 7w8 speaks to anxiety or anger. 6 types are more cautious, more wary, use Fi to determine value more before they give away everything and are left with nothing in return. more desirous of security, commitment, trust. 8 types are more in-charge, i do what i want and you can't stop me. it can be really easy to fall into the tertiary trap, bc their thinking is that if you want something, you should take it. they are more focused on strong types, competition, and self-determination than on trust. they are confident they can go find something else, and get angry and can lash out if they feel hamstrung.

i think this ties into degree of extraversion. super-extroverted types that are not in touch with Fi and may use some Te a lot to escape negative reprecussions rather than dwell on them and work them out with Fi. Fi promotes a need for harmony, consistency, emotional awareness/honesty. without being in-touch with the self, they don't value others as much as they value experiences, possibilities, and contests. F becomes a thorn in the side rather than a grounding sense of self.

both have the issue of having F expression turn into a facade or leaving its needs unmet. i think 7w8 types become more healthy when they are more in touch with their own vulnerabilities. it promotes selfless behaviors, more openly giving and attentiveness to the needs of others.

MBTI
    ENFP

What if the ENFP never initiates? Does that mean it's over?
    Well since you are (I'm assuming) a girl, then yes. If the ENFP guy isn't initiating he's either not interested, or he needs to man up some more and isn't ready to be in a relationship.

It's a bit more flexible for me in the reverse because I wouldn't expect the girl to start the relationship and get it going. But if we're together in a relationship and she NEVER calls, there's a problem.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ENFP

What if the ENFP never initiates? Does that mean it's over?
    An ENFP NOT initiating ANYTHING AT ALL - whether conversation, time spent together, attention paid, verbal compliments, email, smiles, text messages, a kiss, WHATEVER THE CURRENCY is - is not typical. Not a good sign. Usually we are initiating SOMETHING. Lack of this could mean disinterest.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i think it has to do with two main things.

7w6 or 7w8 speaks to anxiety or anger. 6 types are more cautious, more wary, use Fi to determine value more before they give away everything and are left with nothing in return. more desirous of security, commitment, trust. 8 types are more in-charge, i do what i want and you can't stop me. it can be really easy to fall into the tertiary trap, bc their thinking is that if you want something, you should take it. they are more focused on strong types, competition, and self-determination than on trust. they are confident they can go find something else, and get angry and can lash out if they feel hamstrung.

i think this ties into degree of extraversion. super-extroverted types that are not in touch with Fi and may use some Te a lot to escape negative reprecussions rather than dwell on them and work them out with Fi. Fi promotes a need for harmony, consistency, emotional awareness/honesty. without being in-touch with the self, they don't value others as much as they value experiences, possibilities, and contests. F becomes a thorn in the side rather than a grounding sense of self.

both have the issue of having F expression turn into a facade or leaving its needs unmet. i think 7w8 types become more healthy when they are more in touch with their own vulnerabilities. it promotes selfless behaviors, more openly giving and attentiveness to the needs of others.
    Insightful as usual, the state i am in. I definitely see that with some. What do you think of the non-7 ENFPs?

Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    An ENFP NOT initiating ANYTHING AT ALL - whether conversation, time spent together, attention paid, verbal compliments, email, smiles, text messages, a kiss, WHATEVER THE CURRENCY is - is not typical. Not a good sign. Usually we are initiating SOMETHING. Lack of this could mean disinterest.
    What if they just "forgot?" Ne dom; seems like a legitimate excuse.