User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default Surviving surrounded by NTs?

I currently am on vacation with my family and the aunt I am staying with keeps many NTs as company (An INTP, ENTP, and another T of some order that I have yet to identify)

A lot of the problem I am having is my yet-to-be-calloused intuitive sensitivity, the other is my need to be able to improve people (Usually through introducing them to new things, ENTPs have seen it... years ago). I am not used to feeling like the runt. I get this feeling from being 'behind them' when it comes to things. Also the air is just dry of the vibes Fs give off that I'm used to. My cousin is nice enough in the polite ENTP fashion, but it still doesn't sit right being with him too long.

What I'm trying to get at, is how do you other NFs handle being in an NT environment? The best I have is the chance that the ENTP's INFJ girlfriend will stop by one of these days before July 4.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Enneagram

I use an ipod or a book to escape people often.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Brush up on philosophy, or talk about whatever it is one of them is obsessed with?

They can get really passionate about that.

Getting emotions out of an NT is easier than getting blood from a turnip, believe it or not. It's not easy, but it's doable.

Alternatively... you could just use this forum as your emotional outlet.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I currently am on vacation with my family and the aunt I am staying with keeps many NTs as company (An INTP, ENTP, and another T of some order that I have yet to identify)

A lot of the problem I am having is my yet-to-be-calloused intuitive sensitivity, the other is my need to be able to improve people (Usually through introducing them to new things, ENTPs have seen it... years ago). I am not used to feeling like the runt. I get this feeling from being 'behind them' when it comes to things. Also the air is just dry of the vibes Fs give off that I'm used to. My cousin is nice enough in the polite ENTP fashion, but it still doesn't sit right being with him too long.

What I'm trying to get at, is how do you other NFs handle being in an NT environment? The best I have is the chance that the ENTP's INFJ girlfriend will stop by one of these days before July 4.

I've tried asking this question in a different context, that of work, but got very few responses. My limited thoughts: don't care, try not to do anything differently, get used to not having those F vibes around, know it won't last forever, try to engage them in conversation preferably humorous, don't expect things like praise acceptance support etc cuz you very well may not get them, go off alone and read books or go online.

Maybe you'll get some good answers that you can share with me!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I get them ranting at each other and watch the fireworks....from a great distance. And I make sure I don't draw attention to myself. At least it's entertainment

I have a largely NT family myself and as much as I love 'em, I too find it too cold often. I'm on my guard around them. My mother is an SF though and my brother is very balanced, so if I need a breather I look them up
    It does depend on how extreme T they are, ime though.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

By relaxing and enjoying the conversations that happen for once instead of wanting to escape. I guess you need more F type environment than I do. NT environments are a relief for me, not a taxation.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I find NTs easier to be around than NFs usually.

I like people that hold the reigns over their emotions. As long as they don't hold too tight.

My little brother and father are both NTs (ENTP and INTP), so it makes sense that I feel at home with them

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Don't brush up on anything. Just be yourself. If they don't like it, they can adjust to you just as easily as you adjust to them.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I find NTs easier to be around than NFs usually.

I like people that hold the reigns over their emotions. As long as they don't hold too tight.
    Me too.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Try not to lick any of them. They secrete a hallucinogen through their skin.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious