• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Stop Stereotyping NFs! Srysly.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sim,
How long did it take YOU to look it up?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's a stereotype about INFPs, specifically, being kinda spacey underachievers. That's all I meant.

I'm fairly cute :banana2:. In fact, cute is probably a good word to describe me, because I'm not a striking beauty or anything. But srsly...what does MBTI have to do with physical appearance?

People can act cute, and to act like that one would have to undergo thought processes, ie. why would you want to act cute? why would it be in your nature? If you can find the underlying reason, you might discover that most NFs make that kind of decision or act. You don't necessarily have to be cute to act cute. A T might not see the point in undergoing the kind of behavior that an F would undergo, but it is possible that they might have a different reason to do the same thing :yes:

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I read the first post. I lol'd from the epic irony.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
hmmm, I don't really want to put INFPs in the INFP bin, but I couldn't see where else to put them. =]

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sim,
How long did it take YOU to look it up?

If you can't tell from my obviously expansive vocabulary, I already knew that one.

I happen to be an authority on witticisms, thank you very much.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
If you can't tell from my obviously expansive vocabulary, I already knew that one.

Olen laiska INFJ (Mielestäni se oli, kuinka helppoa se oli minulle vaikutuksen ihmiset)

*Hopes SW isnt bilingual too*

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Oh sweetie, it took you a whole day to answer that:wubbie:
I expect you'll be telling me you are out having a life next;)
And I'll be gracious and let you have the last word.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha, this thread is almost as amusing as it is an epic failure.

It's an internet forum, folks. I might get upset if someone stereotypes me to my face. On an internet forum where [idiots exist and] people kid around and are trying to figure out how types generally think? No.

It seems like some of the NFPs have this inner desire to prove that they can be "bad to the bone" (sorry if I'm being captain obvious here). Oh wait, I just stereotyped you.

I actually kinda enjoy that most are too clueless to see that NFPs are in fact not as cute and fluffy as they appear to be. Yes it gets tiresome, but you have gotto love the serious advantage they give you by underestimating you :devil:

Cachao

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I actually kinda enjoy that most are too clueless to see that NFPs are in fact not as cute and fluffy as they appear to be. Yes it gets tiresome, but you have gotto love the serious advantage they give you by underestimating you :devil:
Trust me when I say it's actually one of your [ENFPs] more endearing qualities. I tend to like the more unapologetic--but not necessarily "evil", either--types, anyway. Just have nothing to prove (the gist of my post) and you will be all the more convincing. :)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Olen laiska INFJ (Mielestäni se oli, kuinka helppoa se oli minulle vaikutuksen ihmiset)

*Hopes SW isnt bilingual too*

You don't have to be bilingual to spell F-I-E-R-Y.

[/lastword]

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh. :dry:

*picks up rainoneventide, and hurls them into the opposition camp like a rag doll*

"Here's another one of your supporters. Keep them on your side of the fence, will you?"
No, wait, I can redeem myself.

This is seriously the best INFP profile I've ever read so far: http://www.socioforum.ru/topic11205.html

Mostly because of this:
When they aren’t acting stoned, they want to appear elegant and important.

:yim_rolling_on_the_ It's true, it's true.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
No, wait, I can redeem myself.

This is seriously the best INFP profile I've ever read so far: http://www.socioforum.ru/topic11205.html

Mostly because of this:
:yim_rolling_on_the_

Oh. :)

LOL, that does sound like such a contrast... acting stoned, but wanting to be seen as elegant and important.

Well, as long as you don't insist on being offended by stereotypes... okay.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh. :)

LOL, that does sound like such a contrast... acting stoned, but wanting to be seen as elegant and important.

Well, as long as you don't insist on being offended by stereotypes... okay.
I will only be offended by the dumb ones. :)

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram

But the fluff zone was created for people like you.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Athenian put it nicely earlier in the thread, I don't mind generalisations, that's kind of the point. What bothers me is when people state definitive limits on what they think a certain type can and can't do. "INFPs can't do management, ISFPs can't write a metaphorical song etc." These limits have no grounding in the theory (or reality) and they completely disregard any influence on ability outside of natural inclination (which is absolutely ridiculous!).

It's impossible to say what an archetype can and can't do, it's an archetype, it doesn't actually do anything to begin with.

There should be nothing definitve about personality typing in my opinion.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That is a nice profile. I relate to it a lot. :yes:

However, being socionics, the function order is actually for an INFJ. I know there are differing view on how introverts in socionics correlate to introverts in MBTI though. Some think they do match up, whereas extroverts usually switch the J & P.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
We are responsible for ENFP Playground and proud of it! I think the links between ENFPs and unicorns might have been our own doing, and I'm all for it continuing.

p.s. this thread is amusing

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I love it when people I don't care about get the wrong idea because I enjoy the scrambled looks on their face when they meet "Ms.NotsoBrightSide" and they always end up saying or thinking:
"You're horrible!"

It takes time but everyone gets there once. Anyone who's gone past that has never called me fluffy, cute, cuddly and what not again.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Stop reinforcing thos stereotypes

kohHippieHugS.jpg

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
That is a nice profile. I relate to it a lot. :yes:

However, being socionics, the function order is actually for an INFJ. I know there are differing view on how introverts in socionics correlate to introverts in MBTI though. Some think they do match up, whereas extroverts usually switch the J & P.

not quite: E's stay the same, I's switch the J and P role. I've also read, presumably, this description and thought much of it applied as well.