User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 83

  1. #51
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanthegreat View Post
    Stop.............whining.........everyone.
    I disagree. If anything, everyone should be whining more.

  2. #52
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I am a stereotypical NF and proud. I'm a tree hugging, emo,
    political activist :steam: who has a strong aversion to the military . I believe in doing what I love and that relationship is equally as important as intellect

    However, yeah, I agree it gets annoying when people assume that because I'm an INFP I'm meek and mild, because I'm clearly not, especially when I feel strongly about something.

    I'm also not an underachiever, I'm quite intelligent, and I though I prefer the world of the mind, I am capable of holding down a "working class" job.

  3. #53
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    If you found that thread objectionable you should try reading BW's anti-INFP threads.
    Link?

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I am a stereotypical NF and proud. I'm a tree hugging, emo,
    political activist :steam: who has a strong aversion to the military . I believe in doing what I love and that relationship is equally as important as intellect

    However, yeah, I agree it gets annoying when people assume that because I'm an INFP I'm meek and mild, because I'm clearly not, especially when I feel strongly about something.

    I'm also not an underachiever, I'm quite intelligent, and I though I prefer the world of the mind, I am capable of holding down a "working class" job.
    Was there ever a stereotype claiming that NFs are not intelligent? From what I've gathered, introverts of any kind are generally smarter than other types, but smarter could really mean anything here, but I'd take it to mean 'more able to focus on things'. You'd never think that an easily distracted little extroverted child would fit the definition of smart, would ya?

    What about the cute stereotype for NFs? Can that one be used, or are you all hideous trolls?
    5 3 9

  4. #54
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    I'm not okay with it.
    Oh.

    *picks up rainoneventide, and hurls them into the opposition camp like a rag doll*

    "Here's another one of your supporters. Keep them on your side of the fence, will you?"

  5. #55
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Link?



    Was there ever a stereotype claiming that NFs are not intelligent? From what I've gathered, introverts of any kind are generally smarter than other types, but smarter could really mean anything here, but I'd take it to mean 'more able to focus on things'. You'd never think that an easily distracted little extroverted child would fit the definition of smart, would ya?

    What about the cute stereotype for NFs? Can that one be used, or are you all hideous trolls?

    There's a stereotype about INFPs, specifically, being kinda spacey underachievers. That's all I meant.

    I'm fairly cute . In fact, cute is probably a good word to describe me, because I'm not a striking beauty or anything. But srsly...what does MBTI have to do with physical appearance?

  6. #56
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I'm fairly cute . In fact, cute is probably a good word to describe me, because I'm not a striking beauty or anything. But srsly...what does MBTI have to do with physical appearance?
    Ask the people who do V.I. in Socionics. I think it was their idea, and people just carried it over.

  7. #57
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I've thought about this issue of stereotyping and have to actually wonder how people could discuss MBTI free of stereotypes since it is basically constructed on observing and categorizing behaviors. Studying and discussing Jung's theories is a different thing altogether. I would much prefer to discuss MBTI in less stereotypical ways, but am actually not certain how. It's almost like a game that is played when you accept the premises of the system. That seems to be how it is realized. It is an interesting question for sure.
    Yes, I think all of this true.

    I think mbti by its very nature is a system of stereotypes. I mean, the fact that you are putting the entire human population into 16 categories is going to result in stereotyping - how could it not?

    I think ultimately mbti is a system of generalizations, and I choose 'infj' for myself as the most logical 'summary' of who I am. But to be perfectly frank, there is much behind infj type descriptions that I don't really relate to, and I relate to many other types in some ways moreso than I relate to what infj's are 'supposed' to be like.

    But yeah..as long as people take it in stride, as a system of 'trends' -- i.e. which trend are you most like? -- than there is some validity to it. All INFJ's, in general, may approach a situation a certain way, or mentally process an event or perceive/prioritize certain aspects over another. But when you try to say all will approach in the *exact* same way, that's where it becomes inaccurate. But like toonia says, to make the system 'valid'/practical, one almost has to stereotype.

    I agree 100% though that when people get too bogged down in it, and try to make all people of one type the same, down to the very details, then it becomes ridiculous. Obviously the details will differ amongst those of the same type, as will the behaviors -- as we are also a product of our experiences, our culture, our upbringing, as well as our individual value systems. Not to mention defense mechanisms, other psychological quirks, etc. Mbti is just one of many possible ways of categorizing personality.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  8. #58
    Junior Member Cachao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Haha, this thread is almost as amusing as it is an epic failure.

    It's an internet forum, folks. I might get upset if someone stereotypes me to my face. On an internet forum where [idiots exist and] people kid around and are trying to figure out how types generally think? No.

    It seems like some of the NFPs have this inner desire to prove that they can be "bad to the bone" (sorry if I'm being captain obvious here). Oh wait, I just stereotyped you.


    I prefer to be boiled in extra-virgin olive oil, thanks.

  9. #59
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    How long did it take you to think that wittism up?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #60
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    ^ Probably about as long as it would have taken you to look up "witticism" in an online dictionary.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Similar Threads

  1. Famous Living NFs
    By Economica in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 02:33 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Meritorious NFs?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 10:44 PM
  3. [NF] Question for NFs.
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 01:24 AM
  4. [NF] What sort of topics are NF type topics?
    By Alienclock in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 09:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO