User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

My way of dealing with anything said on this site, if you know it doesn't apply roll it off your shoulders and move on, let people think whatever they want, just cause someone believes they're right doesn't mean they are.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Well all the INTPs are holed up in their rooms wishing they could FEEL as they complete their doomsday devices!

Did... did I do it right?
    Too bad you said INTPs... I was going to point to my signature and say that you're wrong
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Why does everyone stereotype NFs as being peaceful, nature loving, happy, cuddly little souls?

MBTI is a matter of preference and is so general, that it was probably never meant to be used so drastically and specifically as we use it here. We assume so much, and remember so little about what MBTI really is. It's not WHAT you do..but HOW and WHY you do it. You can have an NF in the army..you can have an SP Politician..you can have an NT Garbage man..or an SJ rock star. NFs do what they of love and inspiration...whether it be leading peace rallies, saving the rainforest, killing enemies in battle, or in the confines of a cubicle in a large corporation.

Stop stereotyping NFs, everybody! It's about individual and less about 'oh, he's this type so he must be like this, or he must have a job in this'. No, that's all wrong and you're assuming so much it just makes you look arrogant.

I have to say..this forum, being here, and interacting has kind of ruined my outlook and intelligence of Myers Briggs. It's sort of taking it too far, in general..this isn't really what personality types should have ended up like. But that doesn't matter, we're here and we do learn a lot of other things. But please, can we try not to stereotype other types often as we do, and relax and realize it's more about the individual and that we're all insane?

-OWS
    I think it's a little silly that you're so offended by this. People only stereotype like that as a joke. The whole system is a bit of a joke, honestly... no one really expects it to apply perfectly to individuals. We're usually discussing archetypes, not people. The whole point of type is to choose which caricature you're more comfortable being associated with, not to accurately convey individual traits. That comes through in other ways.

For instance, if someone says, "INFJs are martyrs," that doesn't automatically translate to "Athenian200 is a martyr," in my mind. You can say something about an archetype without discussing individuals that happen to identify themselves with a particular type.

It shouldn't be necessary to qualify every quip about NTs lacking emotional awareness with a disclaimer that some NTs have a capacity for sensitivity and compassion, in other words. But with all these people getting mad about every little stereotype and taking it personally, I guess I'll have to put disclaimers on EVERYTHING. *sigh*

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Am I the only one who likes being stereotyped? I think it's pretty interesting when people do that, because it reveals more about them than about me. And it's funny!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Why does everyone stereotype NFs as being peaceful, nature loving, happy, cuddly little souls?

MBTI is a matter of preference and is so general, that it was probably never meant to be used so drastically and specifically as we use it here. We assume so much, and remember so little about what MBTI really is. It's not WHAT you do..but HOW and WHY you do it. You can have an NF in the army..you can have an SP Politician..you can have an NT Garbage man..or an SJ rock star. NFs do what they of love and inspiration...whether it be leading peace rallies, saving the rainforest, killing enemies in battle, or in the confines of a cubicle in a large corporation.

Stop stereotyping NFs, everybody! It's about individual and less about 'oh, he's this type so he must be like this, or he must have a job in this'. No, that's all wrong and you're assuming so much it just makes you look arrogant.

I have to say..this forum, being here, and interacting has kind of ruined my outlook and intelligence of Myers Briggs. It's sort of taking it too far, in general..this isn't really what personality types should have ended up like. But that doesn't matter, we're here and we do learn a lot of other things. But please, can we try not to stereotype other types often as we do, and relax and realize it's more about the individual and that we're all insane?

-OWS

+1

yeah, I think that stereotype about NFs is started by NTs who just mostly despise F, so we are like weaker version of them. At least it looks to me like that.

and it's true - i don't like animals, I love nature but not extremely, i never wanted to adopt any children from Africa etc.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Please, I am totally in my ren-fair outfit right now crying over roadkill AND YOU CANNOT STOP ME!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Tiny, you could whoop anyone's booty. NT, SJ or otherwise.

I think it's the ineffectual stereotype that bothers me a bit. I have a good grasp of my T and I temper it with my understanding of other people so I oftentimes am able to make good arguments where others get caught in their HAVE TO BE RIGHT hangups.

MBTI
    intp

Everybody doesn't.
    You do it to yourselves, you do.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I think this part needs to be highlighted. MBTI, to a degree, is the study of how the mind works and responds to given stimuli. Even if I granted the assumption that the 16 MBTI types are the only true types, (or, that subtypes do not present a large enough distinction from the standard 16 to be worth being noted) it would be fallacious to assume that all types are "the same." This is because that whilst they may respond to similar situations in a similar manner, each person of a individual type does not face the same situations and circumstances as everyone else of their type.
    Yes! There ARE archconservative INFJs and anarchist ESTJs, sure. Actually you could be ashamed of many people of your type though I personally sympathise with almost all people of my type because of my P preference (I don't judge people by good or bad but by I am able to relate and I am not able to relate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kar View Post
    Am I the only one who likes being stereotyped? I think it's pretty interesting when people do that, because it reveals more about them than about me. And it's funny!
    You're an awesome person, I totally agree.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

lol getting upset at having your individuality insulted, how stereotypically NF
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?